• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, they just posted this without any announcement? I just saw the YT notification and was like... whaaat?

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
The Taiko no Tatsujin game looks like it could be two of the 3DS (or DS) Japan-only single player modes in one. I'd rebuy on Switch, they were great fun first time round.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
There's no way this 11 minute video is what everyone was referring to as "something happening" this week.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That was great. KH date, Taiko, a new Puyo Puyo Tetris and Saga

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I'm working my way through this and the Final Fantasy GBA collection is pretty neat even has a speed up mode

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017
0a408229c19ace073e9c83cb3e6dc59c.jpg

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
PUYO PUYO TETRIS 2!!!!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Whelp, there's your new direct.

I'm game for Puyo Puyo X Tetris 2, but not on Switch, the pro controller is abysmal for the fast paced tetris and the joycon isn't that much better. I imagine the multiplatform announcement is coming soon.

Everything else, I can pass on.

One issue with "multi-platform announcements" is the Tetris licensing... I have heard for a long while (and maybe incorrect with the introduction to Puyo Puyo Tetris on the Switch as a new entry), the Tetris licensing is restrictive to 1 console. Meaning if you have a Tetris licensing, only that game can be played on the console, until a new Tetris game is released. And then the old one is removed or something, I don't know.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever at this point. Wake me up when they actually show major first party titles.

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
for a minute there I was wondering if it was going to be all music games, then it wasn't, then there was another music game later

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
lmao at everyone setting their own expectations then getting mad when they aren't met. Fucking master class at trolling yourselves.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why you motherf... Guess that's it for announcements because of idiots hyping this up like crazy...

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
finished, I loved this. Can't wait to chainsaw god to death in the Saga collection (not ever finishing the third one is a childhood regret of mine), the new Taiko RPG thing looks great, I never thought a sequel to Puyo Puyo Tetris, a game I bought 4 times (Imported Vita, Switch, PC, PS4) would happen, much less be announced as coming LATER THIS Year. Hell, that Kingdom Hearts game looks like the first Kingdom Hearts anything I've been interested in since I played 2 hours of the 3DS one for the World Ends With You content.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Unfortunately, with respect to July Partner Showcase, I'm not interested in any game shown in this one...

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
They are scrapping the bottom of the barrel to have something to put a video.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Only Crystal Chronicles & the football game thing for me in this thing. However, I'm not going to be upset on the internet about this because I am an adult and understand that Nintendo put out a multitude of videos across the year and I used my eyes to read this one which said PARTNER DIRECT and had my expectations set immediately.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The Taiko announcement was a great surprise - never thought those would come West

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Welp...that one stung. But PPT2 is definitely up my alley, loved the first one. I guess it's possible that we're still getting something on Friday, but now I'm just expecting it to be the Mario stuff and nothing else.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One issue with "multi-platform announcements" is the Tetris licensing... I have heard for a long while the Tetris licensing is restrictive to 1 console. Meaning if you have a Tetris licensing, only that game can be played on the console, until a new Tetris game is released. And then the old one is removed or something, I don't know.

Seems like it is coming to all of them.

www.resetera.com

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2: Ultimate Puzzle Match Announced (PS4/XSX/XB1/Switch December 8, PS5 Holiday 2020, Steam TBA)

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/26/puyo-puyo-tetris-2-drops-onto-ps4-december-8-ps5-holiday-2020/

So it'll be PS4 for me, Dualshock is my preferred controller for Tetris due to it's D-Pad.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Last partner showcase ended on SMTV. I was watching this one hoping for something good at the end, at least, but nope...

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Nah. If Nintendo had a broad and deep lineup announced, a stream with these announcements would still be a bad idea.

Doing it when all they've got on the docket is a Pikmin 3 port in two months time is asinine.

well there is a pandemic happening since 6 months back and that screws plans for everyone e

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
And finished watching Saga Collection and Puyo Puyo were the only real highlights oh well lol.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty bad Direct for me. Did anyone really like this one?

I say this as someone that loved the last Partner Mini because of the SMT stingers at the end, but I didn't really see anything of even that caliber even for a franchise I'm not particularly into.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Lol amazing. This might have actually put a bigger smile on my face than if they actually announced a general direct.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they will announce later today or tomorrow a proper Direct for Friday lmao.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I thought the "cut-away" sound effect used was different than normal. Sounded like Sonic's spindash, so I thought maybe we were getting some Sanic at the end...guess not.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Seems like it is coming to all of them.

www.resetera.com

Puyo Puyo Tetris 2: Ultimate Puzzle Match Announced (PS4/XSX/XB1/Switch December 8, PS5 Holiday 2020, Steam TBA)

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/26/puyo-puyo-tetris-2-drops-onto-ps4-december-8-ps5-holiday-2020/

So it'll be PS4 for me, Dualshock is my preferred controller for Tetris due to it's D-Pad.
Ahhh, nice to know.

I guess the Tetris licensing is just "licensing", nothing more than that.