• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
It's so weird that it bothers people so much. Like you could just not be a prick about it and let people enjoy watching a thing 🤷‍♀️
I mean

Clearly your mentions are not full of people yelling at you about spoiling the surprise by reporting on the sometimes-iffy insider *checks notes* Nintendo of Japan

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Are yall pretending to not understand why people don't want announcements spoiled...? People like to be excited by the mystery of what is going to surprise them as it's being revealed. They watch this shit with their friends and get hype together. It's not complicated. Stop acting like your shit don't stank because you say shit "bu bu but ur getting hyped over commercialz!!!!"
People pretending to not understand are just being toxic imo.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind people wanting to avoid spoilers but I do not understand clicking on a thread with this title and not expecting there to be spoilers

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Woah, wait, are all three mentioned, including N64, or just Game Boy and Game Boy Color?
Before today I believe Bayo 3 was simply listed as release date TBA, now it's been updated to 2022. Also, if you click on Bayo 3 on the release schedule page on the JP Nintendo website it should link to an article but is instead a dead link, which probably means the article in question hasn't been published yet (same situation for Kirby). While it's not confirmed if it'll appear there are at least signs that something is happening with Bayo 3
Hm, I see. I'll take it as a good sign for Bayo 3 regardless! :)

Min

Oct 25, 2017
People like to be excited by the mystery of what is going to surprise them as it's being revealed.

I think everyone was surprised and revolted over that thread title. The reveal just instilled anger in all parties.

maxresdefault.jpg

Coen

Oct 25, 2017
Antwerp, Belgium
Enjoy watching a thing! But also have the perspective to see the ridiculousness in calling spoilers over advertisements

Why though? People like surprises. The surprise is spoiled and people don't like that. It's not rocket science.
How would you feel if your SO was building up to this amazing gift for your birthday, but then have your mother in law tell you what it is the evening before your birthday?

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
I think everyone was surprised and revolted over that thread title. The reveal just instilled anger in all parties.

Shocker, but some people get more excited when the reveal is happening proper, with trailer and all than just reading a header lol.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Before this thread I did not truly appreciate how mean-spirited and cynical ERA could be. Every post is about how people are dumb stupid babies for liking things. Glad I was not interested in this event.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind about spoilers but I don't think it's necessary to be a jerk with people who do care. It just requires a modicum of empathy to avoid doing something that you know might upset other people.
Pretty much. I think it's sad that people are tripping over themselves to make belittling posts about people who wanted to watch the Direct and be surprised. It's really not hard to comprehend why people care.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why though? People like surprises. The surprise is spoiled and people don't like that. It's not rocket science.
How would you feel if your SO was building up to this amazing gift for your birthday, but then have your mother in law tell you what it is the evening before your birthday?
You don't get to keep this gift, it's an advertisement. From a corporate company.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
People having fun for a ridiculous thing doesn't mean people need to be assholes about it. But of course this a Gaming thing so being an asshole is just the norm I guess.
Having fun with it isn't ridiculous, it's getting so attached to marketing that having a game title revealed and even considering it a spoiler and a cause for upset that is.

There's nothing ridiculous about asking for spoiler warnings for something like this or a movie, book, or tv show. They're all products to be purchased and consumed at the end of the day so they're all equally ridiculous
One of those things is not like the other.

How would you feel if your SO was building up to this amazing gift for your birthday, but then have your mother in law tell you what is the evening before your birthday?
Nintendo is not your SO and finding out a game name is not your amazing birthday gift.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Poyo!
Sad games got leaked. More so through the JP Nintendo site…but those leaked games make me so happy for this direct

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
My marketing spoilers! My adverts!
lmao this, basically. like calm down, it's videogame news. It's not the plot of a movie, it's not the plot of a game, it's not the plot of a TV show, it's like someone "spoiling" a movie trailer. Besides, no details were given, we know there will be a kirby game, it could be a f2p game, it could be a full-fledged one, it could be a spin-off. Who knows?

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobia
imagine getting triggered that you got spoiled the plot from the matrix 4😂😂😂 bro its just a movie😅 fiction made up by some rich dudes in hollywood💀

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
You Grinches would spoil little kids' Christmas presents because they're just million dollar commercial products anyway.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a joke

The whole thing is silly. I love and enjoy directs, but the idea that they can be spoiled is asinine. It's enjoyable corporate marketing but it's still an ad. There is nothing to spoil
Cool? How does people wanting to go into it without knowing stuff impact you?

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
For real though, obviously I personally don't care about spoilers, I'm in this thread after all... but anyone arguing against the people who are upset about getting this spoiled for them are assholes

Min

Oct 25, 2017
You Grinches would spoil little kids' Christmas presents because they're just million dollar commercial products anyway.

Johnny's not going to get any presents because he's not allowed to be spoiled on saturday morning commercials to ask Santa for it in the first place.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of shitty for people to judge others who get excitement out of reveals. Who cares if it's a commercial for a product? The anticipation and surprise is FUN.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind about spoilers but I don't think it's necessary to be a jerk with people who do care. It just requires a modicum of empathy to avoid doing something that you know might upset other people.

Absolutely this. You don't have to care about it yourself, but if you know other people do care then just don't be a dick about it.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Look, what people enjoy is subjective. In this case it takes 0 effort not to mess up the harmless things other people enjoy.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For some people, like myself, the excitement is part of the gift.
Also unlike your example, this is like going to a website called movie trailers and seeing the movie trailer before seeing it at the theater the day you were going to go, and being pissed at the site for hosting it and not blaming yourself for going to a site dedicated to that subject.

The rule of thumb for spoilers was to avoid the internet if you don't want to be spoiled. And going to a gaming site that's had leaks happen is like asking for something bad to happen.

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Now nothing? We are on a video game forum talking about pointless bullshit. That's the point. Should I have some lofty plan with my bullshit talk in a sea of bullshit talk?

You're saying people are being asinine over being excited for announcements and not wanting them to leak. When you say shit like that, it's expected that you have more to say. Clearly it's not so asinine.

It IS pretty asinine to feel so strongly about how other people digest fun lol

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
It's so weird that it bothers people so much. Like you could just not be a prick about it and let people enjoy watching a thing 🤷‍♀️
Congrats! Nobody else made this shit joke!
People having fun for a ridiculous thing doesn't mean people need to be assholes about it. But of course this a Gaming thing so being an asshole is just the norm I guess.
A truly original take, nobody else had made this post. Good job.

Goddamn step away for a while, you are getting out of hand here

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I get being annoyed by spoilers but this isn't exactly "NEW F-ZERO" or "MARIO ODSYSSEY 2!" level stuff either. "A new Kirby game" is like clockwork yearly occurrence for Nintendo, the more interesting part will be finding out what it actually is.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
You don't get to keep this gift, it's an advertisement. From a corporate company.
We're all avid gamers here, we're all big fans of the products produced by said corporate companies, enough to come to a place dedicated to said products.

To pretend marketing can't be fun is just silly. E3 is a marketing event and look at how excited everyone would get when it rolled around. Hours and hours of youtube videos, TV shows, Twitch streams etc etc. It's a marketing event, but it's fun.

When people think about some of their favorite game trailers, part of it is the surprise of not knowing what it is. Trailers are purposefully shot this way because it's more exciting. Like if we knew every Smash character before the announcements, they wouldn't be as fun. Of course we'd still enjoy the game but the hype cycle itself is fun.

And yes, corporate companies provide entertainment

Jacobs

Oct 26, 2017
Why do we think this is a partial leak? Maybe this is all nintendo has in this direct apart of some third party stuff?