• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
this was...good? kirby, more metroid, N64 online, bayo 3 - and stuff like deltarune 2 that quick was nice, plus shadowrun collection. i really enjoyed this direct, that mario movie looks like it'll be a blast too

Oct 25, 2017
For me the best was Bayo 3 even though it looked a bit rough.

The online getting those older games. I'll subscribe just for that tbh. Also I need those controllers.

SykoTech

Dec 23, 2020
Gotta say, Bayo 3 looked disappointing. I like her new look. But everything else? Oof.

Kirby ended up being the highlight.

Mario Movie casting was the biggest WTF. To think Miyamoto showed up just for that...

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
The biggest announcements for me were announcements of other presentations coming later lol

The N64 and Mega Drive lineups look great but it's a bummer you'll have to pay more for something that would have finally justified paying for NSO. Ending with Bayo as the big finale was... a choice.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
I wasnt blown away by this direct, I am really only excited by Triangle Stategy, I may play Metroid Dead down the line.

I also recognize that not everything is going to click for me personally and thats fine! All you folks saying Nintendo are out of touch yet theyre going to carry on selling switches and millions of copies of games like Splatoon, so theyre doing something right.

Just say its not for you and move on.

Majin Boo

Oct 26, 2017
The last two games sold massively. I think 2 broke 10 million maybe? It's a huge property

Yeah I just checked it myself (Splatoon 2 sold 12 million), guess I have to accept that I am out of touch.

honestly, the game is superb. Cannot fault it got casual competitive, team objective, co-op or story mode. The regular events are the icing on the cake.

It is just really not for me I guess, but if it is a great game that people love I am glad they are getting more of it :)

deep_dish

Oct 25, 2017
It was pretty good. Not an all-timer or anything.

I do wish Nintendo would drop a new adventure character franchise on us.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Splatoon 3 looks great. The Bayonetta surprise and the genesis surprise made it entertaining but Nintendo really needs a big release for the holidays. Splatoon 3 would have been perfect.

Metroid could be really good but I definitely wanted something else. My kids will love a new Mario Party but I was hoping for something more meaty.

I also can't believe they are asking $50 for a genesis controller. I have no interest in the N64 controller but that Genny controller looked great. I would barely use it but it would be cool to have it around.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Pretty awful direct for me personally. There was not much I am really interested in except for maybe Triangle Strategy and still not a peep from Monolith, sigh...

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
That was terrible.

Announcing 2 seperate events in your event and a paid expansion to the terrible online service is beyond laughable.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Bayo3 is great and all, but the switch online charge really soured me on the whole thing. If you are going to nickel and dime me, at least go all out and add a mixture of gba and gamecube games too. This being an "expansion pass" just makes me worried they will pull the same shit with gameboy and gamecube games so I'm not endorsing that trend.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
was hoping to see Xenoblade or Fire Emblem but was also hoping to see Bayonetta so i'll take it

other than that I didn't realize that card thing was coming out so soon so that's nice, the Kirby thing looked interesting and I might check it out if it turns out well, and Genesis/N64 is some cool nostalgia as someone that grew up playing them

probably like a 8/10 for me, easily better than the other two directs this year

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I wasnt blown away by this direct, I am really only excited by Triangle Stategy, I may play Metroid Dead down the line.

I also recognize that not everything is going to click for me personally and thats fine! All you folks saying Nintendo are out of touch yet theyre going to carry on selling switches and millions of copies of games like Splatoon, so theyre doing something right.

Just say its not for you and move on.
Probably the smartest move tbh, you're right. I'm still absolutely incredulous that Dread even exists, and BotW 2 will be amazing too. It takes all kinds.

(N64 Online Expansion Pack still bogus though lol)

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Besides the new Kirby game, that was a disappointing Direct. Bayo 3 doesn't look like the type of game I enjoyed in Bayo 1. The rest… I dunno. Having to pay extra for N64 games wasn't exciting either.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
My thoughts on this Direct are that I won't play any of these games, but as an entertainment product in itself it was hilarious and the best Direct yet.

That Mario casting feels like a fever dream.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
??? Almost everyone cast has done animated VA before. Some of you are so incredibly dramatic
I prefer a cast of profesional voice actors, and even more when america deciding to cast non voice actors, just hollywood actors, means other countries get even worse dubs because they hire famous people that do not knlw how to act.
Do you think they put chris pratt there because he was the best mario voice actor they could get, or because his famous and sells tickets? At least he is an actor, but other countries get it worse.
Doesnt matter because illumination movies are absolute crap fest were decessions are made by uncreative produces and not real animation directors.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Very rough direct, probably my least favorite of the Switch era. The extra charge for NSO is awfully greedy, Mario movie sounds like a dumpster fire, two "watch other directs" announcements, bad Metroid Dread overview, and Bayonetta looks and sounds kind of rough.

Splatoon 3's trailer was odd, very low IQ for some reason that made it look like a visual downgrade from 2, though hopefully that's just because it's still in development. Kirby looks ok, nothing more. Square Enix had the strongest announcements of the bunch

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
"Not for me"-tier Direct.

Switch is really showing it's age as well.

Edit: Highlights we're a bit more Splatoon 3 + Sunbreak.

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
Biggest news of this direct, for me, is the possibility of Perfect Dark in switch online. I want it so bad.

The resta was kinda okayish, not much I'm interested in

Aug 8, 2019
Not their best but I'm happy with what I saw:

Disco Elysium release dates
Triangle Strategy
Castlevania Collection
3D Kirby
Bayo 3
N64

I'm buying Splat 3 but the teaser did nothing for me.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
This was a great direct for me. Very chaotic energy. There was a hot minute last year where it seemed like Nintendo had nothing come down the pike. Totally different feeling right now. Lots of cool stuff coming.

That said, Online remains embarrassing. I will gladly continue not paying for it.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The lack of concrete release dates is so disappointing. I thought that at least Splatoon 2 would be released in the first half of 2022, but it's probably going to be a summer release.
I still don't think QA is anywhere near back to smooth sailing after the pandemic really hit it especially hard, so I'm not too surprised concrete dates are getting rarer and rarer all round until it's very close.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
That direct was super fun, I loved it !!

Highlights
- Mon Hun DLC
- New Kirby
- Final Smash Direct ;;
- Animal Crossing Direct with Brewster <3
- BAYONETTA 3 AHHHHH
- Splatoon 3 AHHHHH
- OMG that Mario movie.....why Chris Pratt tho, every other VA seemed perfect >3<

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer a cast of profesional voice actors, and even more when america deciding to cast non voice actors, just hollywood actors, means other countries get even worse dubs because they hire famous people that do not knlw how to act.
Do you think they put chris pratt there because he was the best mario voice actor they could get, or because his famous and sells tickets? At least he is an actor, but other countries get it worse.
Doesnt matter because illumination movies are absolute crap fest were decessions are made by uncreative produces and not real animation directors.

What does " the best mario voice actor they could get" even mean? Do we know how much Mario is talking in this? The story? The tone? Anything? We literally know nothing about the movie

Oct 25, 2017
They weren't kidding when they said "We aren't doing anything for the Zelda anniversary, fuck you!" (paraphrasing) in the E3 Direct.

But still, I'll take my emulated old-ass Ocarina of Time and I'll be happy with it.