• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
So...realistically, Dread, SMTV, and Pokemon (either DP remake and/or Legends) trailers, more info on Advance Wars 1+2 collection, maaaybe Castlevania collection 'reveal', and then a surprise or two?

Would love for Fire Emblem Genealogy, but I feel we've gotten next to no new 'rumors' on that in quite a while, compared to three houses' leaking before its first showing.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Things I don't expect to see because I'd care about them:

New 2D Mario that isn't a Maker thing
New 3D Mario that isn't derived from Odyssey/64
F-Zero
Fire Emblem 4 remake
Metroid Prime 4 news
Zelda news
Zelda Oracle remake similar to LA
Xenoblade 3 (weird rumor)
New DKC

Things I do expect to see because I wouldn't care about them:

Something Animal Crossing
Something Smash Ultimate
Something Pokemon
NSO stuff
Third party and indie games available already on PC

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
So...realistically, Dread, SMTV, and Pokemon (either DP remake and/or Legends) trailers, more info on Advance Wars 1+2 collection, maaaybe Castlevania collection 'reveal', and then a surprise or two?

Would love for Fire Emblem Genealogy, but I feel we've gotten next to no new 'rumors' on that in quite a while, compared to three houses' leaking before its first showing.
Splatoon 3 for sure

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a great time to announce a surprise official release of Goldeneye 007 XBLA to coincide with No Time To Die

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I expect nothing less than:

Fire Emblem Announcement
Zelda BOTW2 news
New shash Character Goku or Sora
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Star Fox 0 Switch Port
N64 and Gameboy on Switch Virtual Console
Metroid Prime 4 news
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Pikmin 4
Mario Odyssey 2
Baten Kaitos 1 and 2 Remaster
Skies or Arcadia Remaster
Bayonetta 3 trailer

You forgot to mention Zelda TP HD and WW HD with new expansions

holeung

Oct 28, 2017
So games in this fiscal year

dying to know more about Splatoon 3 ;/, probably a summer game like the last two

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
In this thread, people not comprehending the Tweet where it mentions "games launching this winter."

Winter 2021 = December 21 - March 20, 2022

I think the only Nintendo game currently announced for that period is Pokemon Arceus. They're clearly going to also showcase their Fall lineup, as well as show off some games that are later off.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping to see some 2022 stuff but expecting nothing considering they said games for Winter

So I guess I don't give a shit beyond Pokémon lol unless they have some bomb winter game I haven't seen

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
damn I missed that bit on VA you got a link?
I think it's referring to Jenna Coleman (Melia) mentioning recording lines, but I took that to be for Future Connected and that she just hadn't paid much attention and didn't know it was out already or already announced (forgot the exact timing of her interview).

ramenline

Jan 9, 2019
the "should i cop on pc/console or wait for switch port" question is slowly turning into a "should i cop the switch port now or wait for steam deck" question for me lmaooo

hope we see disco elysium tho, i don't wanna wait for that one. maybe a shadow drop like they did for divinity original sin 2

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

Does Splatoon 3 even have a date outside '2022'?

We might see something (I'd say more likely than botw2), but if the show's only 40 minutes, between NSO updates (especially if 64 and GB/A games are coming) and the indies segment Nintendo inevitably takes a good chunk out of their presentations to show off, I don't know how much room there's gonna be left, lol.

Tab

Nov 23, 2017

Did Three Houses leak before it's first showing? The only leak I remember for Three Houses was the one on Reddit that leaked the timeskip and plot, but that was well after the games full reveal.

As for Genealogy, I feel like fans have just convinced themselves that the next game will be Genealogy because they want that to be the case. There's never been anything indicating that it's the case, just a weird fan belief that Fire Emblem is going to start on some sort of Pokemon-esque cycle of new games and remakes, when the actual release cycle we've had doesn't really imply that.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe Metroid Prime Trilogy will release before Christmas since it wouldn't be canibalizing Dread sales.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Does Splatoon 3 even have a date outside '2022'?

We might see something (I'd say more likely than botw2), but if the show's only 40 minutes, between NSO updates (especially if 64 and GB/A games are coming) and the indies segment Nintendo inevitably takes a good chunk out of their presentations to show off, I don't know how much room there's gonna be left, lol.

No Nintendo game that we know releasing post-2021 has a specific date. Both Zelda and Splatoon 3 are just 2022

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only new thing I want is fire emblem which definitely should be ready to be shown at this point. I still am hoping Xenoblade is cross gen/enhanced as I really don't think the current hardware meets their ambitions

Kitty Paws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 21, 2019
Realistic expectations:
Xenoblade 3

Hoping for a new entry getting announced out of nowhere:
Tomodachi Life
Style Savvy

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Something to note with a potential Fire Emblem game is that very few people who worked on Fates or Echoes seem to be in the credits of Warioware: Get it Together (and those I can find are listed as Special Thanks).