• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
so gang, what do we think is our vote for the game they're going to spend a weird amount of time on to the point where you're nervously looking at your watch by the end of it? my vote is for triangle strategy

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
It seems the following are safe bets for tomorrow:

- Advance Wars 1+2: Reboot Camp
- 1-2 Switch sequel
- Splatoon 3
- New Fire Emblem
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Less likely but very possible:

- Metroid Prime Remake
- Goldeneye

Last edited:

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
My predictions:

Kirby (the game is coming in March)
Donkey Kong something
Splatoon 3
Fire Emblem something
GoldenEye remake
Metroid Prime 1 remake
Xenoblade 3
Zelda BOtW title (more gameplay, no relase date, Nintendo is saving that for June)
More N64 releases (Donkey Kong 64)

Arkham collection
Some 3rd party out of left field release.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Splatoon seems like a lock so I am all set. DK would be icing on the cake but I don´t think it will appear.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Splatoon 3 release date here we come!

I hope it's late april/early may (Golden week) but it will probably end up being July.

At least give me a test fire this spring Nintendo!!!

Oct 27, 2017
Could this be a reaction to the positive steam deck news that has come out this week
Back at Nintendo HQ:

"Fuck guys the new Linus video about steam deck came out, this thing looks too good"

"Yeah we gotta do something about it quick. I mean have you seen how many pages the resetera thread is now?"

"Get doug on the phone right now, we're gonna whip forty minutes of trailers by Wednesday"

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Wow this came out of nowhere seemingly. I'm ready for new fire emblem baby give it to me please! But I'll settle for just about anything.

chiller

Apr 23, 2021
lC8N7h9.jpg

Not saying or predicting it'll be bad, just a funny excuse to Photoshop.
A new Rhythm Heaven would be nice.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This is the Direct where we finally get an announcement of either a Golden Sun + The Lost Age remake or Golden Sun 4. I can feel it in my bones.

Nevermind, that feeling is actually just the lingering effect of accepting that Golden Sun as a series is dead as fuck.

Anyway, hoping for Metroid Prime's remaster, Metroid Prime 4, and… I dunno, more N64 games I guess.

EDIT: A new Fire Emblem would definitely be great.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
Give me all the remasters; Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Metroid Prime

i don't want anything else. (We know BOTW will be out eventually but that would be a nice bonus)

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
I know very little about Fire Emblem or Xeno but it seems these games are always in directs

Oct 25, 2017
so gang, what do we think is our vote for the game they're going to spend a weird amount of time on to the point where you're nervously looking at your watch by the end of it? my vote is for triangle strategy

Triangle Strategy has had so so many trailers recently. I think it will be short with a demo announcement that loads into the full release like OT, which was also almost exactly this far out when it had the final trailer and demo.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
they're going to spend a lot of time on some new mode for splatoon 3 since splatoon is one of nintendo's biggest and most popular franchises and a bunch of people will get upset that time is being stolen that would have otherwise surely gone toward announcing startropics vs f-zero

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Goldeneye would be amazing. Don't really care about Fire Emblem though.

Give me anything Zelda, Mario, DK, Kirby, Metroid and I'm happy.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Metroid Prime is gonna be there, right? Either 4 or 1 remake.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
I'm going to go for a Oracles (Ages and Seasons) remake for surprise announcement.

And we will finally see Silksong.

cubicle47b

Aug 9, 2019
A new Fire Emblem this year would be pretty crazy. Triangle Strategy, Advance Wars I & II, a new Fire Emblem, and Mario+Rabbids 2 all in one year.