• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How much did you enjoy the Direct?

• It was perfect.

Votes: 19 1.0%
  • I loved it.

Votes: 245 12.9%
  • It was okay.

Votes: 522 27.5%
  • So-so

Votes: 308 16.2%
  • It was bad.

Votes: 452 23.8%
  • It was terrible.

Votes: 208 10.9%
  • It was absolutely horrible.

Votes: 147 7.7%

• Total voters

ItsOKAY

Jan 26, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Man, feeling like a child waiting for his surprise:)
Expectations are very high for Nintendo! Everything is possible!
On one hand it feels like: "They have to deliver big! First Direct in ages, games were pushed back from 2020..they have to show a lot!". On the other side...there is still a pandemic going on, and they only show stuff for the first half of 2021. I´m torn apart for what to expect...but i´m happy, a real Nintendo Direct is back!!!

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Here we go. Hope it's a good one. We don't know what to expect after the next month or so.

Cant wait!

brykuhn91

Oct 27, 2017
Prediction time

- start with smash bros character
- smash will get free update with new game mode
- new Kirby game announced
- NSO announcement
- monster Hunter rise, no more Heros 3, BD2 updates
- Bayonetta 3 tease.
- Zelda anniversary announcements
- one last thing botw 2 title reveal and tease for Holiday.

ItsBradazHD

Nov 21, 2018
" information focussed on available games " i'll take that Super Mario Galaxy 2 update for 3D All Stars now thanks nintendo :)

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Omg lol. I'm super psyched for this but imagine telling the nintendo direct thread back in Jan 2020 yo wait until Feb 2021 hahaha

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Did any insider hint at this? I feel like it came out of nowhere. Also 50 mins is E3-level length, right?

HYPE. Honestly, just the next Smash fighter and MHR trailer is HYPE already. Anything else will be extra gravy.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
Silksong silksong silksong silksong silksong silksong silksong silksong silksong silksong silksong silksong.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they'll give a sneak peek of the Mario shit in Animal Crossing.

I know not many care about that in a presentation like this but I do.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
And people seriously thought there wouldn't be one. It was obvious, Nintendo started the whole thing and it worked great last year for other companies too.

Aug 27, 2018
As always, expect nothing, and nevertheless let hype consume you

Definitely don't expect any BotW2
Or! Have unrealistic expectations and then when the thing that you wanted but had no evidence of isn't shown call it the worst direct Nintendo has ever put out.

200.gif

Goron3

Alt account
Banned
Nov 24, 2020
A 50 minute Direct focused on things coming out in the first half of the year? Hmm.

I imagine Zelda ports (please give us Four Sword Adventures in HD) are likely, but I'm trying to think what else they could be sat on. 2D Metroid?

Apr 9, 2019
Love the GIFs in here xD .

I hope the amount of Smash minutes in there is proportional. We've had some Directs comprising largely of a Smash reveal, and that's not really my thing =P . Something Zelda, OTOH...

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Of things we know are coming, I hope Rune Factory 5 gets a western release date announced.

I would love to see a new Style Savvy announced, a new Fire Emblem title announced, and a Zelda version of Mario 35.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
So you think BoTW2 is coming between now and the end of June?
It has been a long time I know but they Always show games beyond the timeframe they give.

Here is the PR they gave for E3 2019: "The presentation, which focuses entirely on software, will offer a look at games scheduled to launch in 2019."

They ended with Botw2 and showcased Animal Crossing along other 2020 titles (NMH3, Trials of Mana...).

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
Obviously hoping for a meaty Zelda collection, I'm pretty much fun with either of the 3D Zeldas. Dante for Smash? Probably not, that'd be cool though. And yeah, maybe drop a hint towards the next Animal Crossing Update. I really hope they add more than just Mario stuff for its first anniversary...

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
/|\
///| \
/////| |
/////| |
/////| |
//////\ |
//// \|
//
M O N O L I T H S O F T

It's time to bring them back into our world.

Edit: oof! Please accept Monolith's newly wrangled logo.

mwmike11

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking we may see something like a Zelda HD Collection, or an announcement at the end that a Zelda Direct will happen next week or so. I doubt we get anything Pokemon related, since Pokemon Day is 2/27, so they'll save any news for then. Maybe a Metroid Prime Trilogy announcement for the spring or summer. Maybe a new 2D Metroid or something, something that's been percolating behind the scenes the last couple years. I would assume we also hear about that rumored port of Republic Commando. The final Smash character seems highly likely.

I doubt we hear a word about Switch Pro, BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, etc.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to stick my neck out and say we get a release date for BoTW² and it will be this fall. In the meantime we will get 2 Zelda 3D collections in the next 3 months. The smash Bros announcement will tie into this.

You heard it here first.