• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How much did you enjoy the Direct?

• It was perfect.

Votes: 19 1.0%
  • I loved it.

Votes: 245 12.9%
  • It was okay.

Votes: 522 27.5%
  • So-so

Votes: 308 16.2%
  • It was bad.

Votes: 452 23.8%
  • It was terrible.

Votes: 208 10.9%
  • It was absolutely horrible.

Votes: 147 7.7%

• Total voters

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Brace yourselves for like ten straight minutes of BD2 that all the fans are going to avoid due to fear of spoilers and will bore everyone else to death.

ErazorRain

Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder. ALL general directs have "focused on Games releasing in *timeframe*" messages,. They do this with every normal direct. And always they have something beyoond that timeframe.... Hence "FOCUSED ON" not "EXLUSIVELY SHOWCASING".... Also we know of basically nothing for the rest of the year so most games will be new anyhow.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Trying to keep my expectations in check so I don't end up disappointed but here's what I think they'll show:

Half Life 3 - exclusive
Switch Pro unveiled - 13tf of power
BotW 2 trailer - graphics better than Demon Souls remake.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
My predictions for the stuff we know about already:
DLC for Age of Calamity, Smash.
Next demo for MH Rise. Up later this week. Some coverage of new mechanic/area/monster/tie-in etc.
SMTIII: Nocturne release date.
MH Stories 2 release date.
Ys IX mentioned again.

No idea on new stuff, but with 50 minutes to play with, fingers crossed!

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
"Zelda Anniversary Collection: Available Now"
"Zelda Maker arrives on Nintendo Switch this May"
"Breath of the Wild 2: June 31, 2021"

metroid prime 4 cancelled

Mania

Jan 27, 2018
New SMT5 trailer/release date, SMT Nocturne Remaster release date, NEO TWEWY trailer and as little Smash as possible please!

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
this does not compute, i thought we were going to get pretty much only Partner showcases throughout the year

LiC

Dec 1, 2017
Bear in mind that when Nintendo says the Direct will focus on games for the "first half of 2021," that could either mean it's a hard rule and they won't even acknowledge the existence of a time period after that, or it could be a complete lie and they'll announce major titles for the next two years like they did at E3 2019.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Silksong and Shin Megami Tensei V, please

They can each have 25 minutes apiece

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Exciting! 50 minutes points to this being pretty substantial!

Not expecting much on BOTW2 or anything else that's like not this year, but there could be some surprises for H1.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I feel like this is an early birthday present because it's on the same week as my birthday and it's airing in between my classes. 50 minutes has got to be the longest Direct yet, no? Extremely hyped for this.

Oct 31, 2017
Here we come switch games , possible at long last wave race! Pilotwings and 1080. Type resort!
I dont think any new announcement of switch pro in this one I think that's coming in e3 direct time.

Possible AR/VR??

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I think Botw 2 is a holiday release and seeing as they're just talking about first half of the year I think not
They almost assuredly will talk about games outside of the window they set up in tweets. BotW 2 is a real possibility despite its likely release date. Obviously not guaranteed but I'm hopeful for a small tease.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Were there any leaks about this taking place? I don't remember reading anything here.

Anyway, in for Metroid Prime Trilogy and ready to be disappoint, son.