• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How much did you enjoy the Direct?

• It was perfect.

Votes: 19 1.0%
  • I loved it.

Votes: 245 12.9%
  • It was okay.

Votes: 522 27.5%
  • So-so

Votes: 308 16.2%
  • It was bad.

Votes: 452 23.8%
  • It was terrible.

Votes: 208 10.9%
  • It was absolutely horrible.

Votes: 147 7.7%

• Total voters

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
They usually specify and window then throw in a game or two outside of the window. Might not happen but it does usually happen. Either way the thing is 50 mins...

GoGoDezmo

Nov 8, 2019
dkg.gif

Ooooooooooooh, bring it!

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what are the Switch games already announced for the first half of 2021?

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
You all forget they showed Link's Awakening in Feb. and it went on to release in September. Smash Ultimate teased in March, released in December.

"Focused on" does not mean they won't show games releasing later.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all are gonna be so disappointed in this if it's only for games in the first half of the year

They say something like this for every general direct and then announce games that are a year or more out. "Focused on" will mean the majority, but the "one more thing" will definitely be further out.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Let's hope they announce some surprises for this first half and not take 45 minutes talking about DLC for existing games.

You say this but, outside of Age of Calamity and Smash any new dlc for older games would be a pretty big surprise imo. What older game are we expecting to get more dlc at this point?

Resetti

Oct 25, 2017
50 mins will make it one of the longest direct no?

hope it delivers after the looooooooooooooooong absence

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Why are some of y'all acting like what they said is disappointing? We have like 2 big games coming out in the next 2 months and that's it. I would hope they are showing more games for the first half of the year.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
50 fucking minutes on first half 2021 games? The talks about Nintendo having a juggernaut year weren't fucking around. I'm guessing we'll get a new Mario sports game, maybe No More Heroes 3?

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Why are some of y'all acting like what they said is disappointing? We have like 2 big games coming out in the next 2 months and that's it. I would hope they are showing more games for the first half of the year.

Yeah, am I missing something? It feels like some are acting like we already know the output for the first half when we barely know anything.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
the last half of the direct should be focused on The Anniversary of Zelda, so announce the Skyward Sword Switch Port and The Sequel to Breath of the Wild trailer for max hype

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019

Breath of the Wild 2 didn't release in 2019.
Focus on H1 doesn't mean there will ONLY be H1 games.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
You all forget they showed Link's Awakening in Feb. and it went on to release in September. Smash Ultimate teased in March, released in December.

"Focused on" does not mean they won't show games releasing later.
In fact, don't they almost always go outside the window they set up? I swear we do this in every Direct thread, although admittedly it has been a while :)

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Sakurai appearing in this rather than getting his own spotlight means the next DLC character set to be revealed must have some connection to a franchise featured in the Direct which 100% confirms Dick Wagon Demon Lord from SMT for Smash.

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
40 minutes with Sakurai explaining the controls and background of Fortnite character
10 minutes of gameplay footage from BDII's and MHR's already released demos

Done.

(just kidding, I'm hyped as fuck)

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Smash Bros, Pokémon Snap, Bravely Default II, Monster Hunter Rise and... Breath of the Wild 2 release date, baby!

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Damn! I was expecting one of this on March or something considering how packed the console is until then.

I guess this will let me forget a few problems.