• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
The real question is, how many more games will release in September? Shadow drops, let's see them.

jo4LupB.jpg

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Heartbreak quote Ra rock lion.
Yeah, I'm completely stumped lol.

Break Quotera - Rocking
I immediately thought Kingdom Hearts. The Lion representing a 'King', the Egyptian represents a "Kingdom", the broken heart and quotation marks representing a lot of talk in the games about "hearts"... no clue about that the rock.
Ah yes, BrokeSpeech RaRockLion.

Now I'm hyped.
The lion on the right is the logo of Dutch bank ING. So it could be a title that ends on those letters, like Animal Crossing.

Ha I'm glad I'm not the only one completely stumped by that one. For reference the other ones were very straightforward, map of Pennsylvania = PA, perm haircut = perm, bird from the movie Rio = Rio etc. So I don't think he's alluding to Kingdom Hearts here.

He also gave a hint that it's a well known franchise/IP where the first word is always the same but the second one changes from entry to entry. I really cannot think of it but this is driving me nuts at the moment.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
"Overwatch is the big ending for the direct" for example.

That's just a boring announcement imo, so if it ended the whole thing it would be underwhelming.
Nintendo usually ends DIrects on first party announcements, and I don't think that will change with this one.
With that said, Overwatch is a far bigger announcement than you are willing to give it credit for.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The idea that "old ports are the biggest thing for this Direct" make it sounds meh. Biggest reveals should be new games. And with TGS coming, with more japanese third parties finally.

Preach.

No excuses at this point in Switch's life. It's TGS season so now would be the time for (relatively) big announcements from Japanese publishers.

Oct 25, 2017
México
So, let's change the tone a little bit. Let's discuss how/where are we going to watch the Direct. Here in mi city, the Direct will be at 5:00 p.m. and that's the time my work day ends, but I'm going to stay an extra 40 minutes to watch the Direct.

There is a vending machine downstairs, so I will purchase a small snack and a diet coke, and will watch it with earphones on my work's computer.

How about you?

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine some of these rumors come true, Switch third party may pass even SNES. Sometimes I see people still say Cube third party was better but I think Switch is firmly behind snes and about to top it. Now, topping DS third party is hard imo.

Imagine telling 2016 Nintendo fans before switch reveal that in 2019 the next console would have: Ori, Cuphead, Civ 6, LA Noire, FF X/X2,12,7,8,9, DQ11, NNK1, Assassins Creed 3/4/Rogue, Overwatch, Fortnite, DOOM 2016/Eternal, Wolfenstein TNC/YB, Diablo 3, RE0-1-4-5-6, Mana remakes, Octopath, TWEWY, Ace Attorney, MH Gen Ult, Skyrim, The Witcher 3, amazing indies and possibly Halo.

My reaction would have been "what happened to the rest of the industry?" Lol. I know people still want some major AAA stragglers (GTA, RDR, Destiny) but third party has been amazing on Switch imo

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Just want to brought this up. Every Direct since Switch era ended with Nintendo first party game. (I am obviously not including Mini one in January 2018 which at the end announced Dark Souls Remastered.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Overwatch is the big ending for the direct" for example.

That's just a boring announcement imo, so if it ended the whole thing it would be underwhelming.
This direct will end with smash, zelda or monoliths new title. They wont close with overwatch lol. Thats like saying they couldve ended with the Witcher 3 last direct.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Ha I'm glad I'm not the only one completely stumped by that one. For reference the other ones were very straightforward, map of Pennsylvania = PA, perm haircut = perm, bird from the movie Rio = Rio etc. So I don't think he's alluding to Kingdom Hearts here.

He also gave a hint that it's a well known franchise/IP where the first word is always the same but the second one changes from entry to entry. I really cannot think of it but this is driving me nuts at the moment.

So it should be something like Banjo-Kazooie > Banjo-Tooie then? I'm fairly certain the last part will be 'rocking'.

It is like Banjo, with the first word being always the same.

The second word is not rocking. It is not a rock. It is something much softer than rock.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So it should be something like Banjo-Kazooie > Banjo-Tooie then? I'm fairly certain the last part will be 'rocking'.

Yeah I can see rocking too, but the letters before "rocking" would definitely be Ra, since that's the symbol for the Egyption god Ra. So Rarocking doesn't sound great, but I guess if it's part of the previous word it could make sense? Or maybe it's something like -raroc King?

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt Overwatch will be the last thing to show in the presentation, it is a big game to show during the Nintendo Online segment.
Because of the leaks, Terry in Smash could be the first segment in the Direct to get it over with.

I think the last thing of the Direct is Monolith.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

So it's a game title with two words, the second one ending in -ing, in a series where the first name is the constant in titles...

The new monolith software project, Xenorocking

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It is like Banjo, with the first word being always the same.

The second word is not rocking. It is not a rock. It is something much softer than rock.

Oh then I have no idea what it is. That's a pretty vague image of whatever substance that is.

If it ends on Overwatch I will yawn so big and loud that the entire planet will be sucked into my mouth, digested and shat out the next day.

I feel like Mantorok could actually do that so be scared, people.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
Just want to brought this up. Every Direct since Switch era ended with Nintendo first party game. (I am obviously not including Mini one in January 2018 which at the end announced Dark Souls Remastered.
Let's start guessing the "one last thing."

It's out there, but...

My personal guess is Super Mario Odyssey 2, where you return to Isle Delfino for a significant portion of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.