• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm just weird, but I think midnight is actually a pretty decent time. Sure, an hour earlier would be nice, but it's better than early in the morning or in the middle of the work day.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
A dream Direct for me would be the following announcements.
  • HD version of Xenoblade Chronicles, with updated textures and an updated ui. So it doesn't take up as much of the screen.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X port, with bigger text
  • Bandai Namco, Nintendo & MonolithSoft all partner together to give us Xenosaga HD Collection.
  • The games will get some QOL stuff, Xenosaga 2 will have it's battle system refined a bit. Not change it completely just make it work better and faster. They'll add KOS-MOS Missing Year, V2 and KOS-MOS re, designs as skins for Xenosaga 3.
  • KOS-MOS will be in Smash
  • Xenoblade Warriors, but features Xenosaga characters and they've managed to get Square Enix to play nice. So for the first time ever... Xenogears characters in glorious HD. Will feature Mech fights too, so we'll see Weltall going up against E.S Dinah for example.
All of them are dreams, but it's nice to dream. If just one of them slightly comes true I would be very happy.
Let me dream damn it!

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Depends where in Europe. I'm English so I'll still be up anyway, watching the collapse of a Government (after the Cricket, of course). 😉
Yup. It's a pretty great day for us up in Scotland. First we see the Aussies crushing the English sporting spirit by Steve Smith scoring loads of runs, then we see Tories getting ripped in parliament for playing chicken with our finances with the EU, then the courts in Scotland will declare that the prorugation is illegal then finally Metroid Prime trilogy will be announced.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Star Fox GP

Star Fox GP

Star Fox GP

If you build it, they will come.

If you believe they will come.

Just believe.

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
My wishlist -

Sword and Sheild news
Monster Hunter Switch
New Horizon news
Paper Mario Switch, original & TTYD style
Banjo ports
Odyssey 2
Smash Bros Musou
Star Fox Switch

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Monolith likely showing something has me already hyped for this direct. I doubt it's a port of X because of what Takahashi said but I would love to be wrong. Whatever it is they will showing I know I will be satisfied.

I would also be all over a Overwatch port if it supported cross saves.

Like others I also think this will be a third party heavy direct and I hope there will be quite a few PC games finding their way to Switch.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Star Fox GP

Star Fox GP

Star Fox GP

If you build it, they will come.

If you believe they will come.

Just believe.

Honestly if they weren't building it before they should do now.. IMO the on rails shooter as a genre has proven to be a creative cul de sac. Keeping the fun things of shooting stuff and going fast but adding the context of a race would be a creative rebirth for Fox on the scale of BOTW.

Yes, I really want it too :/

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Alright y'all are talking up XCX and I have to know: is the combat like XC2? Are the side quests mandatory?

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Honestly if they weren't building it before they should do now.. IMO the on rails shooter as a genre has proven to be a creative cul de sac. Keeping the fun things of shooting stuff and going fast but adding the context of a race would be a creative rebirth for Fox on the scale of BOTW.

Yes, I really want it too :/

You want it because you are a good person. You have a good heart.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Might just be a coincidence but the first letter of each sentence spells SWERY, as in the developer.

Maybe some of his older stuff? I can't remember did the good life meet its switch stretch goal? If not maybe it'll be like we got some money from Nintendo to get it on or whatever

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Its always the day before the Direct that is difficult to sleep.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Alright y'all are talking up XCX and I have to know: is the combat like XC2? Are the side quests mandatory?
Combat is different. You have two type of weapons, ranged and close combat and depending on those and which role you pick you have access to different moves. Then there's a mechanic where you listen out for commands from your teams mates and try to trigger those moves for a bonus so you can't just spam out moves the moment they're available.

Side quests are the meat of XCX. If you want to get the most out of it you're going to want to delve into those. In theory you can skip most of them since you only have to fulfil the requirements of each story mission, but that's honestly not the way to go.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe some of his older stuff? I can't remember did the good life meet its switch stretch goal? If not maybe it'll be like we got some money from Nintendo to get it on or whatever
The Good Life is currently only coming out on Steam, PS4 and Xbox One. It didn't hit the Switch stretch goal.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope we will get something Mario RPG related.... that would be my dream...

Could turn into a nightmare though (Sticker Star 3/ Color Splash 2 or Paper Jam 2)

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Monolith likely showing something has me already hyped for this direct. I doubt it's a port of X because of what Takahashi said but I would love to be wrong. Whatever it is they will showing I know I will be satisfied.

I would also be all over a Overwatch port if it supported cross saves.

Like others I also think this will be a third party heavy direct and I hope there will be quite a few PC games finding their way to Switch.
Who says likely

Status
Not open for further replies.