• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
full list of games that got a physical release:

game & wario
pikmin 3
new super luigi u
wonderful 101
wind waker HD
wii party U
wii fit U
mario & sonic 2014 olympics
mario 3D world

and this was only the platform's second year on the market...

I somehow forget how a big of a flop the wiiu was

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
cgvqa9z14f1uhvjdtcopy0mkqz.png

I somehow forget how a big of a flop the wiiu was
i think we ALL have tried to forget the magnitude of the flop. dark times. but thankfully the games are finding a second life on a successful platform.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't imagine how launch purchasers felt. I got mine in 2014 so I had a fair amount to play from the get go but the first year must have been agony

It had droughts for most of its lifespan but 2014 was good tho
Honestly never minded it because between Wii U + 3DS I felt I always had enough stuff to play. Mostly 3DS sure, but Wii U had pretty good games and soon got stuff that I would always boot up like Mario Kart, Smash and Splatoon.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Bah why couldn't it be a 6am Direct like the Pokemon info drops. That way I can just wake up and it's already there waiting for me.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Most certainly not.
Next Xenoblade game might not even be 3 and it's their most recent developed game so it's too early for any Xenoblade whether it's X2, 3 or ☆.

There will be it has been confirmed by Soraya Saga's retweet.

Nier Automata.

Also the new IP is known since August 2017 so it's fair to get a reveal now.

Yes I know, I was joking with the fact that Soraya Saga reweeted 3 announcements. Xenoblade 3 won't come before the end of Switch life at least. This is time for the the new IP.

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly never minded it because between Wii U + 3DS I felt I always had enough stuff to play. Mostly 3DS sure, but Wii U had pretty good games and soon got stuff that I would always boot up like Mario Kart, Smash and Splatoon.
I didn't mind it too much either, as a Wii U + 3DS owner, but that's because of how my tastes tend to be and the 3DS did a fair amount of heavy lifting in 2012 and 2013 whereas I only got my Wii U in 2014

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Hope Mario 3D World is announced tomorrow. People is truly missing out on one of the best 3D Mario games. I personally enjoyed it way more than Odyssey... AND I LOVED ODYSSEY! 3D World's soundtrack is also so damn glorious. My favorite of any Nintendo game to date.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Virtual Console and downloadable Wii games :p

Seriously, though, the state of official Nintendo emulation on the Switch is pretty dire. Like, I'd buy so many GameCube VC games if they'd just let me.

I agree about Cube games. Thousand Year Door, F-Zero GX, and Eternal Darkness seem like no-brainers for HD remasters.

Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101.

Do I win?

You win the contest of having good taste. :)

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hope Mario 3D World is announced tomorrow. People is truly missing out on one of the best 3D Mario games. I personally enjoyed it way more than Odyssey... AND I LOVED ODYSSEY! 3D World's soundtrack is also so damn glorious. My favorite of any Nintendo game to date.

Its the only wii u port left that I really want

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Considering the magnitude of failure of Wii U it still holds in it's library some of the best games I have ever played. It is amazing that there are so many gems that so many people have yet to experience. That is the reason why I hope for all possible ports (with the exception of XCX, just kill the franchise and build something new).

Yes... many people love that game too. I know.

Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101.

Do I win?

You win the prize of being in the wonderful person. You are on the good side of history.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
So much Wii U port talk...

I'm happy if bombas like Xenoblade X, Wonderful 101, and TMS get a second lease on life, but I have zero personal interest in rebuying single player games a few years after their original launch.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If I had to choose based on my interests, then probably 3D World and Pikmin 3.

I think Pikmin 3 is an almost perfect game, and 3D World is basically made for multiplayer (perfect for joy-cons)

Also, don't lose hope for a port of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Nintendo and Atlus have been listening...
UJxgP2w.gif

Nintendo, Atlus, please dub the game this time.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I agree about Cube games. Thousand Year Door, F-Zero GX, and Eternal Darkness seem like no-brainers for HD remasters.

You win the contest of having good taste. :)
Yeah it's kind of mind boggling how Nintendo has seemingly lost interest in remastering GC/Wii games.

Like we got WWHD, TPHD and.... that's it. Not even any on Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.