• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man wtf y'all asking for a Xenoblade Chronicles X port when Monolith Soft is going to show off a new IP?!!!?

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Taura is just a fan.

Soraya only retweeting Directs with a Monolith Soft title is a consistent pattern since 2013. We'll at the least get a port of XC/XCX.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Possibilites for MonolithSoft related news on the Direct:

-Elma for Smash! (sadly won't happen, probably if we see the DLC pattern but one can dream right?).

-Xenoblade X remaster/expanded! (I know Takahashi said once it was difficult because financial issues, but he also said he wants to do it. Often, when he says he'd love to do some, he's already doing it. Maybe with port-studio aid).

-Xenoblade 1 eShop shadowdrop.

-Secret "medieval" game hinted around two years ago! (some people believe this is now an original Zelda game but I'm not sure. Could be an experiment similar to Disaster because they said this project would be different to the usual kind of games they make).

-A teaser for the next Production 1 team, aka next Xenoblade. X-2 or 3, or something completely different.

-Just new information about Breath of the Wild 2 and because MS is co-developing, Soraya RTd.

OMG I forgot:

-Xenosaga HD trilogy, Baten Kaitos Collection, Soma Bringer remaster, Xenogears remake lol...

You forgot Rex for Smash could be another possibility.

Note that, while it doesn't affect the pattern, of the Nintendo-era Monolith Soft games Soraya Saga was only involved in Soma Bringer and XC2, not XC nor XCX.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Chances of XBX switch?

giphy.gif

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We are at the tale end. "Oh yea one last thing......"

Metroid 5 comes up. Coming Spring 2020.
3DS exclusive

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okg where going to see Monoliths Action RPG IP. I was saying since last year the earliest they would reveal it was in a September 2019 Direct and here we are.

Could be Bayo 3, could also be a reminder that Astral Chain is out and they could be hyping some kind of upcoming patch or dlc.
For Taura, I can see Nintendo just reminding that Astral Chain just came out. Maybe a patch or something.
If I recall, Platinum said they weren't working on any post-game content for Astral Chain. The last time Taura retweeted a Nintendo Direct, we got Astral Chain's announcement.

Oct 27, 2017

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
40 minutes seems like a long time to talk about animal crossing, Pokemon and luigi's mansion. SNES games is my prediction but not many big game announcements.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
HYPE FOR MONOLITH

I'VE BEEN WAITING 2 YEARS FOR THAT NEW IP
OR XENOBLADE X SWITCH THAT WORKS TOO

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What if it's Donkey Kong Country Returns 3.... developed by Monolithsoft?

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I am just curious, but what would be an interesting character to you?
Quite a few. As far as semi-realistic choices go there's Elma, Rex, Ashley, Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright, Lloyd Irving, a Sakura Wars character, and Crash off the top of my head.

At this point I'd settle for a female character (as the default, not an alt).

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
It's like I'm washing away
All my peaceful days
Anyway Anyhow
Nothing left of that scene
If you are losing your way

You need some protection....

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I hope it's that action rpg that people speculated about. If it's Xenoblade related can't say I'll be excited for it after XC2.
X and Xenoblade 1 are another league.
Blade 2 was just a meh game that some people love some people hate.
So just hope it's nothing like 2 and we're fine.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Monolith Soft already stated they're working a new Xenoblade, a new IP, and BOTW 2, they're not going to be working on anything else

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Layton series, Nvidia Shield Wii ports and Nier Automata. Add in Xenoblade X, Mario Odyssey 2, Pikmin 3, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Town and 3D World and we good. Also DLC for Mahvel, FETH and Mario Maker 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.