• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Could surprise Switch remasters/ports from the Wii U be in the cards for late 2019?! How often are games like that announced just 2-3 months from release?

Emily has hinted that a Wii U port planned for this year might slip into 2020, but there is still an unannounced first party retail game that's not a Wii U port that is likely launching in December.

Mar 9, 2018
No Funky Kong. Try and be a little more realistic next time.

To be fair, Funky runs his shop from Tropical Freeze with his parrot. He is dating Klubba from Donkey Kong Country 2, who is now a successful businessman after investing his 75 bonus coins. Klubba is also semi-dating Kalypso, a secret agent for K. Rool who now goes by the undercover name K. Pop. Klubba disagrees with Kalypso's pro-K.Rool beliefs and helps the Kongs. Kalypso comes around at the end. Everyone breaks up because a toxic dynamic develops.

Candy Kong has a girlfriend. She and DK are good friends. Enguarde and Squitter are back.
Wrinkly and Cranky Kong kiss. Mayor Pauline renews Wrinkly and Cranky's wedding vows at New Donk City Hall. Wrinkly dies permanently at the end of the game, her soul finally at peace. But she will be back in Mario Kart 9 and future Donkey Kong games.

There will still be Funky memes, but they will take a backseat to Lanky and Wrinkly memes.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I've pretty much given up on Smash having an interesting DLC character so I'm putting all my cards on a Trails Switch collection, however unlikely that is.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They fully own the IP. Shadow of the Eternals was pitched as a spiritual successor, since Dyack doesn't have the IP.

Outside of the combat the game really does hold up surprisingly well. The magick system is really cool still.
After I made my post I pulled up a gameplay video from Youtube. I haven't seen the game in probably over a decade, but watching this video put a huge smile on my face. I don't care if it's nostalgia or not. I want more. That is probably wishful thinking. I don't think many people other than us (lol) are clamoring for more Eternal Darkness. Hell, that game Denis Dyack was pitching on kickstarter years ago as a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness couldn't get funding and was canceled. Not many people care unfortunately.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
My dream is and always will be a new Wave Race.

But I also wish Nintendo got inspired by the recent nostalgia-wave of Crash Racing and so on and just did a remake of Wave Race 64, with that same sweet soundtrack and scarlet sunset, but in a glorious new packaging.

None of that will be in this direct of course.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
a new SMTV trailer with a 2020 release date will make this the best direct for me since switch's launch

not really, but it'd be pretty cool

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Yay! This will be great!! I have a good feeling about this direct and personally I thought their E3 was amazing for the type of games i'm into! They're on a roll!

penguindrum

Feb 10, 2019
I can't watch the direct live because I'll be in the middle of class. I'll load the stream onto my phone and watch it on my commute home. The upside is that once I can watch it I'll be free for the rest of the week.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
After I made my post I pulled up a gameplay video from Youtube. I haven't seen the game in probably over a decade, but watching this video put a huge smile on my face. I don't care if it's nostalgia or not. I want more. That is probably wishful thinking. I don't think many people other than us (lol) are clamoring for more Eternal Darkness. Hell, that game Denis Dyack was pitching on kickstarter years ago as a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness couldn't get funding and was canceled. Not many people care unfortunately.

I mean, part of that is probably the fact that Dyack is well known to be a monumental douche.

While it definitely wouldn't light the charts on fire I could see a remaster used to sort of test the waters for Nintendo going into their more experimental franchises like that.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, Funky runs his shop from Tropical Freeze with his parrot. He is dating Klubba from Donkey Kong Country 2, who is now a successful businessman after investing his 75 bonus coins. Klubba is also semi-dating Kalypso, a secret agent for K. Rool who now goes by the undercover name K. Pop. Klubba disagrees with Kalypso's pro-K.Rool beliefs and helps the Kongs. Kalypso comes around at the end. Everyone breaks up because a toxic dynamic develops.

Candy Kong has a girlfriend. She and DK are good friends. Enguarde and Squitter are back.
Wrinkly and Cranky Kong kiss. Mayor Pauline renews Wrinkly and Cranky's wedding vows at New Donk City Hall. Wrinkly dies permanently at the end of the game, her soul finally at peace. But she will be back in Mario Kart 9 and future Donkey Kong games.

There will still be Funky memes, but they will take a backseat to Lanky and Wrinkly memes.

You have sold me on this game!

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
My dream is and always will be a new Wave Race.

But I also wish Nintendo got inspired by the recent nostalgia-wave of Crash Racing and so on and just did a remake of Wave Race 64, with that same sweet soundtrack and scarlet sunset, but in a glorious new packaging.

None of that will be in this direct of course.
Wasn't there a Nintendo exec that kinda hinted at wave race last year?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
me tomorrow when Metroid Prime Trilogy isnt announced AGAIN

ConcernedWarmAntbear-size_restricted.gif
don't worry, Federation Force 2 will tide you over

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Semi-realistic wishlist:
  • Paper Mario, Summer 2020
  • New Pushmo, November
  • Rare Replay, Spring 2020
  • Fire Emblem DLC details
  • Wind Waker HD, January 2020
  • WarioWare, December
  • Smash Character 4 is Nakoruru (there are many others I'd prefer, but I'd like to preserve the SNK salt while also getting an interesting lady)
  • Pokémon Sword/Shield segment briefly details Pokémon Home
  • Overwatch has cross-progression
  • SNES games added to online at no additional charge (Earthbound, Super Metroid, Link to the Past at launch, with other crap too I guess)
  • Indie Reel includes Dicey Dungeons
  • Odyssey 2, Holiday 2020
There's other stuff that will obviously be there, this is just what I'm burning for.

ladyluthien

Oct 25, 2017
Very awesome. I would really love an announcement for a new Theatrhythm, Golden Sun or a Splatoon spin-off. Highly unlikely but I can wish lol

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
PretendsToBeShocked.gif But officially hyped now! After some awful weeks, it's nice to have something to look forward for once.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
*gets popcorn*

Since the likelihood of seeing Ichinose's Monster Hunter game isn't likely, pretty much anything will be a welcome surprise.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they announce a Zelda LE console or handheld seeing as how I need a new Switch.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
focusing on 2019 ?

Not expecting much more than ports of existing games (that includes PC and past consoles) and more info on the ones not out yet.
Maybe one new announcement to keep the hype rolling at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.