• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
SMTV will not show up.

It needs a 2 minutes trailer showing nothing with "reveal: 03/2020" at the end.

Because that's what keeps us hyped.

Jan 29, 2018
Big Mario Maker 2 update, please.

Bookmarks, frog suit, custom tags, new 3D World pieces... some of that, thank you very much.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
The announcement says "2019 Switch games", so its unlikely

Good, we reached phase 3 already :P

I can I see a scheme in Direct threads:

Phase 1. A Direct may be coming, some are hyped, some are dismissive
Phase 2. The hype takes over, clocks are resetted every hour for a few days. Mods join the fun.
Phase 3. The Direct is announced, hype explodes, some tries useless semantic analysis of the announcement text to predict shit.
Phase 4. Hints and rumors around some game(s), hype explodes. Some argues that hinted game is niche.
Phase 5. Direct is a few hours away. Users starts to reply to every single prediction with "you should lower your expectations" no matter the content of the post.
Phase 6. A good chunk of ERA is already disappointed in the Direct that will air in 2 hours, consoles are getting sold.
Phase 7. The Direct is live and criebabies can't phisically stand a 30 second reminder of any already announced game because "STOP WASTING TIMEEEEEE".
Phase 8. The Direct is over, God is dead.

Repeat every single time.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Expecting:

Daemon x Machina
Pokemon stuff (confirmed)
Luigi's Mansion 3 (confirmed)
AC 4 + Rogue (leaked)
Terry or other SNK character in Smash (leaked)
Overwatch (leaked)
Pikmin 3 Switch (hinted at)

Hope and Dreams to be crushed and mocked at:
Xenoblade X: Director's Cut
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: Bigger, Longer and Uncut
Golden Sun Trilogy
F-Zero X Expansion Kit + F-Zero GX HD Remaster Double Pack
Aikatsu All-Stars funded and published by Nintendo, comes to the west to the surprise of many, OGkatsu is dubbed into multiple languages and debuts on many TV networks in October (US version debuts on Toonami for example), subbed version debuts on Crunchyroll

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
So has Nintendo Japan tweeted the direct yet?
I am impatiently waiting to see if Soraya Saga retweets it!

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Why do youi all think Metroid Prime Trilogy will come now?

Surely they would launch it in lead up to MP4 launch, right?

That aside, i reckon some DLC for Mario Maker 2 and a new F Zero announcement

Oct 25, 2017
WOYbuSw.png

Gimme Bingo Nintendo

2nd row and column 4 feel most likely

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get another shadow drop ala Tetris 99. I've spent so much time on that game.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The thing about this is I'm gonna be off for this but I have two Fantasy Football drafts I gotta do that day and I don't know if that falls in between the break we get between drafts.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting at minimum 2-3 new Nintendo games. A Wii U port and possibly a GameCube port.

Peer from IGN seemed to tease a GameCube game that tanked is coming to Switch.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Paper Mario

TTYD Remake, or a new game in the style of the first two. I need it.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Its not the same list of games but the Switch is about the same level of 3rd Party support the gif suggests, and I loce it.

So basically the same 3 min trailer we get each month with a huge infodump on the site? Yep sounds right.
For comparison, last year they announced Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, New Super Mario Bros. U DX, NES games, Town, 100 Final Fantasy games , a Yoshi release date (I think, could be release window), among other things. And I'm not even counting the 3DS games they announced. This year they're skipping 3DS, and the thing is 5 minutes longer.

In 31 hours we're eating good.
Yep. People REALLY don't understand how big this direct is. 2020 is the first year we are going in blind and this September Direct is the last one before the year's end. This is gonna be fucking massive, 1st and 3rd Party wise.
The Direct won't be 40 minutes btw. It'll probably be around 42 minutes.
40-45 kf Switch only news, good lord is this gonna be a direct.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Gah! I'll probably be at a baseball game. Thread titles are going to ruin everything. Going blackout until home.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Me: "I don't think a Direct is necessary considering the amount of games that are out or will come out soon-ish"

Nintendo: "Hold my beer!"

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
excited for whatever they have lined up. hope too much time isn't spent on pokemon/smash. i just tune right out for that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.