• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr. Tibbs

Oct 27, 2017
Very excited for Astral Chain, DQXI S, and Mario Maker 2, but otherwise that was just an okay Direct. I was super disappointed when Zelda trailer transitioned from that gorgeous art style teased at the start of the trailer to that gaudy plasticine look. I was hoping to hear about Retro, get a Resi 4 date, and that rumored port of the Metroid Prime trilogy.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is why people shouldn't hype stuff up too much. Insiders especially, "sounding like a big one" my ass. It was certainly decent but nothing mind blowing. No Metroid Prime Trilogy either, at this point everyone just needs to shut the fuck up about it. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. Fed up of hearing about it at this point.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I´m buying Super Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain and The Legend Of Zelda: Links Awakening. So pretty happy.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Solid Direct. Several demos and games available right now which is nice. But fuckkkkk no sign of Metroid Prime Trilogy.
Being a Metroid fan is rough, VERY rough...

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Direct was good but disappointing because it got too hyped up. IX before VII is weird especially because more people would want VII. No Metroid Prime trilogy was also disappointing.

Mario Maker 2 is a great and Links Awakening is nice though I'm not feeling the look.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
No Metroid Prime Trilogy. No Pokemon. No Animal Crossing. No real Smash news. The Zelda game is just a remake and not actually a new game. Boring.

Oct 25, 2017
how does this keep happening
how does every insider mention MP trilogy in the same breath as everything else in this direct
and it comes true
except one
again
my heart is dying

okay I guess star fox GP didn't come true either
oh wait im a star fox fan too
at least something star fox did happen

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
  • No Bayo 3 news
  • No Pikmin remaster or Pikmin 4 news
  • No Pokemon news
  • No Animal Crossing news
  • No Metroid Prime Trilogy news
  • LA remake w/ graphic style I dislike
  • bunch of anime games

If you don't like anime-styled JRPGs, this direct didn't have much beyond Super Mario Maker 2 and Tetris 99

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest disappointment was thinking they were going to announce 1 vs 100 and it turned out to be Tetris lol

Tamath

Oct 31, 2017
Vienna, Austria
I can't think of a better Direct in the last couple of years. I got more hyped as it went along and went I realised what cutscene I was watching for the last announcement a few tears came out. I'm still all a quiver from that.

God I love Nintendo.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Really good direct though. Loads of awesome stuff coming.

Can we call the Star Fox GP stuff bullshit yet? Rumour first appeared before E3 then Star Link SF stuff was announced. Same again here, except racing in Star Link. That game is not real.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I forgive everyone that gave me hope for Mega Man Legends 3 since I got confirmation of not 1 but 2 Rune Factory games. A series I assumed was just as dead.

coolcam52

Jan 14, 2019
Dissapointed about no Animal Crossing, LM3, Joker gameplay, MPT, or Retro, but that was one of the best directs ever. New Mario Maker, Zelda, and Kamiya game, all with actual gameplay trailers? Plus other cool smaller announcements like Tetris 99 and Box Boy.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well... Astral Chain is probably a get, suck all that sweet sweet Platinum games into my veins.

Star Link is Star Fox now. If that's Star Fox GP? Heh...

Link's Awakening... I dunno about that artstyle man. You see the hand-drawn animation for the opening and then you see what the gameplay is like... there's a clash there. a Big One. Don't think I like it. It's Link's Awakening though so it should be good.

Super Mario Maker 2 will not be fun without online and I am not paying for online so that's a pass.

Fire Emblem is becoming even more anime somehow with highschools.

Daemon Ex Machina continues to look great.

Guess I'll replay Deltarune and stab *redacted* this time around.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I liked everything about this direct, literally everything! Even starlink, and what we saw tends to validate the previously ridiculed theory that Starfox GP may have been Starlink all along! I'm so fucking happy!

Feb 5, 2019
Underwhelming direct for me. Still don't have a clear idea as to what exactly is going on in FE. No Metroid, no F-Zero, no Joker footage. Mario Maker 2 looked good, but that was about it for me. Fire Emblem looked good too, I was just wanting more details.

Really not a fan of the Zelda art style, either.

Deleted member 40604

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 3, 2018
Damn whoever Vergeben's sources are they are completely messing with him now. He was wrong about Star Fox GP, Erdrick, and that 2D Zelda wasn't related to Link's Awakening (it's literally a remake lol).

With that out of the way that was a pretty good direct. No idea wtf that blue crab image was supposed to mean from last night though.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Solid Direct! There's like 6 things I'm interested in.

FF9 to be released shortly after the presentation, right? I might jump on that, I'm itching for a replay

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Link's Awakening is the game that made me love videogames. So seeing this remake with that style, Omg.

I NEED IT AND I NEED IT NOW

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Phase 1. A Direct may be coming, some are hyped, some are dismissive. ✓
Phase 2. The hype takes over, clocks are resetted every hour for a few days. Mods join the fun. ✓
Phase 3. The Direct is announced, hype explodes, some tries useless semantic analysis of the announcement text to predict shit. ✓
Phase 4. Hints and rumors around some game(s), hype explodes. Some argues that hinted game is niche. ✓
Phase 5. Direct is a few hours away. Users starts to reply to every single prediction with "you should lower your expectations" no matter the content of the post. ✓
Phase 6. A good chunk of ERA is already disappointed in the Direct that will air in 2 hours, consoles are getting sold. ✓
Phase 7. The Direct is live and criebabies can't phisically stand a 30 second reminder of any already announced game because "STOP WASTING TIMEEEEEE". ✓
Phase 8. The Direct is over, God is dead. ✓

Well guys we reached the end, Nintendo is doomed, Switch are being sold and such and bla bla bla.

Kyuga

Oct 27, 2017
Direct was nice but again nothing but ports for first half of the year. Maybe worse than last year but thanks for link awakening :)

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Still not sold on this iteration of Switch. Once MP4 and Bayo 3 come out though, i'll buy whatever iteration of Switch is out at that point.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
It got me hyped for new Fire Emblem. I'm getting a little tired of the series but this looked really good.

Lots of great announcements, slightly over-shadowed by the predictable lack of Metroid Prime trilogy news.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Damn, that was a good Direct. No SMT V, but Astral Chain looks phenomenal!! Hopefully it's not a co-op focused game.
Also, everyone who played Rune Factory 4, how does it compare to Return to PoPoLoCrois on the 3DS, is it more of a sim or a RPG?

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
No Metroid; no Pikmin; no Starfox GP. Sigh...there goes another DIrect...

Glad that some of the other stuff is getting people excited though.