• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 15, 2019
Not terribly impressed with that direct. Mario Maker 2 should be fun, otherwise it was a ton of RPGs that don't interest me or reminders that games we already knew were coming are, indeed, coming.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Damn, that was a good Direct. No SMT V, but Astral Chain looks phenomenal!! Hopefully it's not a co-op focused game.
Also, everyone who played Rune Factory 4, how does it compare to Return to PoPoLoCrois on the 3DS? More sim-focused or more RPG-focused than popolocrois?

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't expect Animal Crossing or Pokemon since those seem like E3 things to me but I mean STILL no Metroid Prime Trilogy or Retro Game? Starting to think the Retro game doesn't exist and they really had issues with it. Somewhat disappointed in this today.

Kyuga

Oct 27, 2017
Direct was nice but again nothing but ports for first half of the year. Maybe worse than last year but thanks for link awakening I guess :)

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
CpOrLr3XgAARLb7.png

One day soon, I hope.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Biggest takeaway from this is that Nintendo really needs to work on releasing more games from January to May. Looks completely barren compared to what Summer and beyond will be for this year.

Zelretch

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing direct, the amount of games i'm interested is too high and there still is Animal Crossing (probably showed at E3) + Pokemon this year and some other things insiders have hinted at, so hype.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Wait did they mention Astral Chain being exclusive?
Guessing this is the unannounced game that was developed for the Switch, that was rumored last year.

**Edit**
  • ASTRAL CHAIN: ASTRAL CHAIN is a new action game from PlatinumGames, directed by Takahisa Taura, known for his work as the game designer on NieR:Automata, and supervised by Hideki Kamiya, creator of the Bayonetta™ series. As part of a police special forces unit in a multicultural futuristic city, players work together with a special living weapon, the Legion, in a synergetic action system of battle and exploration. More details about this Nintendo Switch exclusive will be revealed in the future. ASTRAL CHAIN launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch on Aug. 30.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LA's remake is a continuation of the awful 3DS visual style... They really need to rethink their visuals for 2D Zelda's. Is amazing they get it so right on 3D and so wrong on 2D

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Maker 2, Astral and Zelda. Rest of this direct was incredibly unappealing to me. Specially fire emblem, looks like the most boring game ever.

Matheus

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
Wonder about Star Fox GP... They're even advertising Star Fox Races in Starlink now. But holy fuck, what an awesome Direct!

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Gonna have to sit on this direct for a little longer and marinate on the announcements. My reaction right now is neither positive nor negative though. I don't know whether I just expected too much of this Direct or if it was just that, a mediocre showing to start the year. Definitely going to be looking at Daemon X Machina tonight though

Feb 13, 2019
Zelda saved the Direct but it was still terrible. For my taste there was too much Anime bullshit and the first half of the year still looks like a ghosttown.
Yeah, this direct was shit if you're not an anime fan tbh. I'll probably play that Zelda remake since I loved that game as a kid, but this direct definitely is a reason to sell the Switch and never look back.