• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Holy fucking shit the new Platinum game and motherfucking 2D Zelda! And Super Mario Maker 2! And too many jrpgs lol

Ashler

Oct 27, 2017
I CANT
HOW IS EVERY LEAK REAL EXCEPT METROID
9X9SUXI.gif

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK
For real dude.... hurts so much.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Vergeben say Dragon Quest VIII was going to be announced and that the new 2D Zelda wasn't going to be related to Link's Awakening?

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... That Links Awakening animated intro looked cool.

Cant wait to try the new PG game though. And Starlink and Tetris were the best and most unexpected. 6/10 direct for me

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, so many announcements

Links Awakening looks great. Oninaki looks good too. DQ titles are great, especially Builders 2.

FE is a little later than I wanted but looks great

No AC Is okay with me. I know it's coming

SMM2 and Astral Chain are big announcements for me

And again no Star Fox and no Retro. Haha. I don't know why I expect them anymore

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Not a bad direct. Mario Maker 2 was a good start, Astral Chain looks intriguing, there are plenty of demos to get me hyped about the future and Link's Awakening is, surprisingly, getting a remake.

But there's no shadow drop of a Metroid Prime Trilogy, so -5 out of 10.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Geez this is going to be a really long year. They may have a lot coming in 2019 but it must all be very back ended. June is a long way away.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Didn't expect much from this direct and still got disappointed.

Tetris 99 is looking interesting but that's about it for me.

Not too keen on zelda awakening at the moment. It's just too cute if that makes sense, but will definitely keep my eye on it.

Xenoblade 3

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Pretty decent Direct. FE, the new Square-Enix game, and Astral Chain look good. Don't know how I feel about Zelda's look tho.

Hopefully people didnt get too high on leaks and rumors.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
This Direct wasn't a patch on the September one. In fact, I'd say it was one of the worst of the Switch era.

There were way too many smaller games in focus and not enough big games shown off or revealed.

I thought they were saving a lot of big stuff for after Fire Emblem but then it was still mostly more smaller titles.

Games like Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing needed another trailer. It's been months since we saw anything from them after all. Also, most titles were quite a while a way from release.

It ended extremely well with the Platinum title and Zelda though, both of which look great.

No Metroid Trilogy was a huge downer.
A new Mario Maker, a remake of Link's Awakening, a bunch of info on Fire Emblem, and a new Kamiya game aren't enough for you?

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Interesting that the logo for Link's Awakening was similar in style to BotW's. Looks like the rumor it was held back to make it more like that game may we'll have been true

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Holy fuck this direct. I have no words, this is one of the best if not the best piece of game announcement I've seen in a long long long time. Absolutely crazy, I want EVERYTHING.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that was some direct, lack of MPT aside some fantastic stuff dropping today, the near future and '2019'

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Absolutely incredible art style for Zelda. Glad Nintendo is continually willing to do awesome shit. Wow. Sad at no animal crossing but eh we know it's coming

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Zelda and Captain Toad updates got me interested....everything else looked so samey. I can describe it, but the amount of anime designs and tropes just looked bleh...

Astral Chain did stand out to me though.

Not too happy with where the Switch is at personally.

Oct 28, 2017
I mean Zelda and Maker 2 are cool but I'm not gonna act like I'm not bummed as hell about the absence of both Metroid and Animal Crossing, the two things I really wanted

As someone who generally doesn't like JRPG's my brain turned off for like half of the presentation

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Where the hell was Capcom lol. Couldn't even be arsed with a sizzle real trailer for Resident Evil 4...

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodstained release window was the highlight for me

Pretty apathetic to the rest. DQ 11 hitting in fall is like... damn son

Benjamin1981

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Zelda saved the Direct but it was still terrible. For my taste there was too much Anime bullshit and the first half of the year still looks like a ghosttown.