• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What games do you guys think will be shadow dropped. I have Boxboy and FFVII (unless Nintendo is worried they will compete against each other then Boxboy will be the following week).

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
The Wonderful 101 is a remarkable milestone in both the character action genre, and Kamiya's career. It's incredible inventive and original, Kamiya evolving years of genre expertise to craft something utterly unique yet obviously learned from genre design philosophy. It takes essential lessons and transitions them into entirely new territory, feeling adaptable and familiar yet unusual and bold at the same time. To its detriment that originality and unorthodox approach can be interpreted as obtuse and unforgiving in earlier stages; The Wonderful 101 rarely begins "making sense" to even the most experienced character action player, but once all the pieces of its mechanisms click into place the end experience is a marvellous expression of control and skill.

I don't think it'd ever be successful re-released, but it absolutely deserves a second chance on the Switch. Mainly for the above, and for its significance, but also for its enormous length and outstanding production values. Nothing with The Wonderful 101 is phoned in. It's huge, deep, and consistent in its quality and AAA presentation.

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm happy just seeing more of Fire Emblem. I haven't played one since Awakening and I've been looking forward to getting back into FE.

A Metroid Prime Trilogy announcement would a be nice pick-me-up after the MP4 delay.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird..

gn0D8FT.jpg
Because we're getting DMC games announced in the Direct 🙂

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Only way is this Direct is could be disappointed me in some way is if there is no Metroid Prime Trilogy HD announcement, but chances that MPT will be there are very high, so hype. :)

So you will disappointed if a rumored game isn't appearing, even if other games that haven't yet been rumored do appear?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Listening to Jonneh's prediction of 2D Zelda he said he expects it to be polarizing. He said he thinks it'll be a weird game (multiplayer components) and just something they've never done before.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Hoping that we get a demo for Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Awakening had one on 3DS and I think that helped people get into the series.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
I'm gonna keep in good hope, but I gotta admit..I'm not feeling the hype around this one. I think knowing that it's gonna be 35 minutes and is gonna be dedicated to mostly Fire Emblem which I don't care for has kinda ease me up on the hype train. Still hoping for the best...

Come onnnnnn Metroid Prime Trilogy!

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
MPT and SF:GP are all I want, but I'm concerned the latter won't be there.

A shadowdrop of FFVII will sort me out though. I also wouldn't mind playing Spyro for the first time.

For me the last direct was amazing (LM3, FF, C:S) and I'm a bit concerned that this one could blow my mind.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Most people? WTH*CK? I've not heard anyone say that.
I don't think I've ever seen that discussed on threads here
I've seen the idea of a tier service speculated many times here in Era. It is all speculation tho, no leaks or rumours to that effect, but it makes sense to me. Add more games for a higher price, but leave the baseline $20 Online + NES for those that want that.
I don't think so. They're straight up talking about adding to the service to make it more appealing. SNES games will do that; a higher tier introduced half a year into the service won't.
I really don't see them adding another platform to Switch Online without changing more tbh. Nintendo isn't about to give you a massive retro library for $20 a year.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
So i'm hearing that KH ports (not KH3) are coming over, but I haven't seen any insider backing this up. Is there anyone who can clarify on this?

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna keep in good hope, but I gotta admit..I'm not feeling the hype around this one. I think knowing that it's gonna be 35 minutes and is gonna be dedicated to mostly Fire Emblem which I don't care for has kinda ease me up on the hype train. Still hoping for the best...

Come onnnnnn Metroid Prime Trilogy!

It doesn't say that it will be "dedicated to mostly Fire Emblem". It just says that Fire Emblem will be featured and when we go by recent history it will be 7-8 minutes max.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
It doesn't say that it will be "dedicated to mostly Fire Emblem". It just says that Fire Emblem will be featured and when we go by recent history it will be 7-8 minutes max.
Hmmm, sorry. That could be also a case. I think all the Smash info on Directs last year really might make me overestimate how much time they're gonna spend on it.

Heropon_

Oct 31, 2017
Ok that would do it for me:

April: Animal Crossing
May : Fire Emblem
June : Luigi's Mansion 3
August : Daemon X Machina
October : Pokemon 8G
December : Bayonetta 3

I don't expect Pokemon to show up before E3 though. A couple 2020 announcements would be great too, a new IP and Splatoon 3 or Mario Kart 9.

Animal Crossing in april ?!

I thing it will be more like that :
April : Fire Emblem
May : Daemon X Machina
July : Luigi's Mansion 3
September : Animal Crossing
November : Pokemon 8G

With multiple unannounced games completing the planning for august, october and december.
Bayonetta 3 will be 2020 IMO.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
definitely still expect to see Pokemon before E3, even if it's (probably) not gonna be in this Direct

they LOVE to trickle out info about new pokemon games for as long as possible

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Wait what, they added a SECOND Special version of Metroid in the new NSO update?

Why.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Andre is still predicting DLC for Super Mario Odyssey...now he says it'll be its own standalone like Torna DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
Ok that would do it for me:

April: Animal Crossing
May : Fire Emblem
June : Luigi's Mansion 3
August : Daemon X Machina
October : Pokemon 8G
December : Bayonetta 3

I don't expect Pokemon to show up before E3 though. A couple 2020 announcements would be great too, a new IP and Splatoon 3 or Mario Kart 9.

AC isn't coming until fall.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, sorry. That could be also a case. I think all the Smash info on Directs last year really might make me overestimate how much time they're gonna spend on it.

If they wanted to talk solely about Fire Emblem they would have announced a dedicated FE Direct.

Smash last year was a little bit of an exception because it was announced in March and it was slated as one of the big holiday titles. So they had to market it heavily for the rest of the year and feature it in every single Direct. This being said don't expect the same for Fire Emblem 3H and expect a ton of game announcements in this Direct. :)

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Sexist trolling. History of severe infractions and similar behaviour.
If that Fire Emblem will show à big boobs character, does Resetera will be angry ?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jonneh said he feels Luigi's Mansion 3 is a closer title and will be shown. He said this after Andre was saying he wasn't expecting LM3 to be shown.