• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017
If we're gonna go completely off the rails, instead of a FF8 port, let's get that HD remake.

If it manages to come out before FF7R, even better.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
WE CANNOT POSSIBLY BE DISAPPOINTED

GlamorousSlowCarp-size_restricted.gif

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm currently listening to GameXplains """"prediction"""" video, and uhhh, I don't like what they said about the 2D Zelda.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
Just a reminder of some of the games that were "2019 confirmed" that we're still lacking full details on:

1. Animal Crossing
  2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  3. Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy!
  4. Daemon X Machina
  5. Dragon Quest Builders 2
  6. Digimon Survive
  7. Final Fantasy VII Port
  8. Final Fantasy IX Port
  9. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition
  10. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  11. Grandia I & II HD Remaster
  12. Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
  13. Killer Queen Black
  14. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  15. Mortal Kombat 11
  16. Luigi's Mansion 3
  17. Pokemon Gen 8
  18. Resident Evil 0 Port
  19. Resident Evil 4 Port
  20. Saint's Row The Third
  21. Samurai Warriors 4 DX
  22. Sayonara Wild Hearts
  23. Shakedown Hawaii
  24. Shovel Knight: King of Cards
  25. Smash Bros Fighter Pack DLC 1
  26. Super Meat Boy Forever
  27. TOWN
  28. Trials Rising Gold Edition
  29. Untitled Goose Game
  30. VA-11-HALL-A
  31. Windjammers 2
  32. Yo-Kai Watch 4
  33. Yoshi's Crafted World
These were all CONFIRMED 2019!!!!
  3. Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2
  4. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
  5. Metroid Prime 4
  6. No More Heroes 3
  7. Shin Megami Tensai V
  8. Steep

Vampyr is coming too, and I think it would be a really good fit on Switch's lineup:

https://gematsu.com/2018/10/vampyr-coming-to-switch

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I wish the trademark stuff was about the Parasite Eve renewal, but it's probably the Mana Collection (still good).

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
isn't FFVIII's code lost in oblivion and the reason it was never ported to any console
I need to stop my hype for one moment

Kitase said in 2017 that a port is possible so I'll trust that even if they lost the code they can still bring it.

NOW BACK TO HYPEEEE

FF8 is not happening but people want it to happen.
eI7ETdr.gif

This post doesn't compute with me. I only see VIII port happening and nothing else.

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
I wasn't able to finish watching the video, but:
  • Pokemon won't be there.
  • Pikmin 3 port might be there.
  • BoxBoy might be there.
  • They talked about Mario Maker and 2D Zelda, but I don't remember if they think it will be in THIS direct or not.
  • They generally agree on Prime Trilogy being there.
  • Jonneh is "predicting" another Square bonanza (DQXIS release date, Builders 2 international release date, DQVIII remaster, Final Fantasy VII shadow-drop).
  • They think Joker will be there, but no other Smash stuff.
  • Resident Evil stuff will hopefully be dated in the Direct.
  • Jonneh thinks that Star Fox Grand Prix is real, was made by Retro, will release in April and will get a demo next week. Crazy stuff.
  • Andre thinks that Mario Party will get free DLC.
  • They brought up Mario Golf, and Jonneh thinks it will happen (not exactly in this Direct) and they will bring back the Mini-Golf mode from 64.
  • Andre still thinks Odyssey will get DLC; Jonneh thinks that Odyssey DLC would feature playable Peach.
  • Jonneh thinks that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will get DLC themed after DK; Diddy, Dixie, Funky, Cranky and Pauline playable, plus two new cups.
They talk about a few more things, but I didn't get the chance to watch the rest.

EDIT: Here's the rest:
  • They think Ultimate Alliance will be there.
  • They DON'T think Animal Crossing will be there.
  • Jonneh thinks Mario Strikes 3 will be in the Direct; developed by Monster Games instead of Next-Level.
  • Derek thinks Mega Man X9 will be revealed; Jonneh disagrees.
  • Jonneh thinks Mario VS. Donkey Kong will be in the Direct; no Mini-Marios, based on the original + Donkey Kong 94. Just a pipedream prediction.
  • Derek thinks Castlevania will appear in the Direct.
  • They think SNES games might release soon.
  • Jonneh thinks Crazy Tazi (with the original Dreamcast soundtrack) will be part of Sega Ages. Chu-Chu Rocket too.

WHAT???????? MMX 9????? Is this for real????

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
EDIT: Here's the rest:
  • They think Ultimate Alliance will be there.
  • They DON'T think Animal Crossing will be there.
  • Jonneh thinks Mario Strikes 3 will be in the Direct; developed by Monster Games instead of Next-Level.
  • Derek thinks Mega Man X9 will be revealed; Jonneh disagrees.
  • Jonneh thinks Mario VS. Donkey Kong will be in the Direct; no Mini-Marios, based on the original + Donkey Kong 94. Just a pipedream prediction.
  • Derek thinks Castlevania will appear in the Direct.
  • They think SNES games might release soon.
  • Jonneh thinks Crazy Tazi (with the original Dreamcast soundtrack) will be part of Sega Ages. Chu-Chu Rocket too.

Castlevania I could see. There is that old rumor Vergeben dropped that talked about a separate game for Switch, while the collection with SOTN on it has already been released.

X9 I definitely agree is way too early. Capcom can hold onto to that til E3, if they so choose. Or Mega Man X's birthday in December.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Square wants EVERYTHING on the Switch so we will most likely see most FF, DQ, etc.

Hoping for an exclusive game as well like Octopath

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine Switch's touch screen being good for Mario Maker. I loved making Miiverse drawings and was happy they added that feature for Splatoon, but the capacitive touch screen is so imprecise.

It's good enough for a fast paced action game like TWEWY, it's easily good enough for the mario maker level creation UI.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
FFVIII is on PC and it's perfectly mediocre there. You don't even need modern specs.

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
It hasn't been formally announced, but Capcom said X9 would happen if the X collection sold well and they said the X Collection sold well, so now it's just a matter of waiting for an announcement.

Maybe, but... We´re talking about Capcom. Is hasn´t give Megaman to much love (apart from MM11, which was okey... and easier regarding its story plot).

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
As a non-FF and non-DMC fan this thread is no longer fueling my hype.

Where are all of the Eternal Darkness gifs?

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
isn't FFVIII's code lost in oblivion and the reason it was never ported to any console

Pretty sure a similar thing happened to FF7 and they eventually managed to Frankenstein the PC port with some junk they had lying around to get it working pretty good on consoles.