• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
They still could do something smart with it. There will be enough opportunities where people quit out of the game to not loose stuff in the game. Where people try to exploit, that's where he should kick in.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
If they're removing the ability to save manually I hope there's still a way to stop villagers from leaving - losing your favourite villagers sucks/

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First Reggie leaves, then they cut a shitload of Pokemon, and now they're laying off Mr. Resetti. Clearly there's something really rotten going on at Ninty right now.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
BOOO

I mean, I get relegating him to an option, since people get pissed at him, but I always loved reading his rants.
He made sure I never turned off my game without saving. Hope he still has a nice role in the game.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
He should take Mayor Isabelle's old job. They can team up to fix up Tom Nook's Fyre Festival package

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Layoffs at Nintendo so brutal they even hit their characters. Going 3rd party in 3, 2, 1...

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was amazing he actually made small children cry. That's a win for characterization.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
First Nintendo's stock plummets, and now they are forced to let go of one of their most trusted employees?

Geez this game is really killing them.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe he will reset a specified amount of your progress based on how much you pay him.

First Nintendo's stock plummets, and now they are forced to let go of one of their most trusted employees?

Geez this game is really killing them.
Nintendo's stocks should go up after this! Investors should be happy they finally fired someone!

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I wished we can have more authoritative personalities in Animal Crossing, not just Mr. Resetti. Kids need to learn how the world works.

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Shame, as I missed when the grumpy villagers would roast you (along with Resetti trying to be calm and explain that cheating is wrong).

Animal Crossing lost a ton of its charm for me when they got rid of the edge villagers could have. There was something so hilariously, brutally real about having a villager tell you to buzz off if you kept pestering them non-stop, and the more rude personalities made for a nice contrast to the nice ones. Same sort of love to hate them vibe you get from characters like Vegeta. Feels a bit too PG nowadays.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Animal Crossing lost a ton of its charm for me when they got rid of the edge villagers could have. There was something so hilariously, brutally real about having a villager tell you to buzz off if you kept pestering them non-stop, and the more rude personalities made for a nice contrast to the nice ones. Same sort of love to hate them vibe you get from characters like Vegeta. Feels a bit too PG nowadays.

I just hate how the villagers now have the same personality type. It feels like night and day when you play AC CGN to AC 3DS and notice that everyone is overly nice to you in New Leaf.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Something poetic about a character designed like a coal miner getting layed off because his job in the game was outdated/automated.

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
Poor Mr Resetti :(

I wonder if we'll be able to time travel without losing villagers...

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want auto saving in Animal Crossing.
c4a.gif