• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Nintendo Company Book 2019, now available to NCL shareholders.

D2goxvdWkAAvWQf.jpg

D2goy5WX4AAYGh5.jpg

D2go0h8WkAEG9xE.jpg

Together with Company Books from previous years

D2gSdhOUwAAkDlH.jpg

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing all that awesome classic hardware together in the cover of that one handbook makes me feel so HYPE. If Nintendo were to bow out of the the hardware business I'd be heartbroken as fuck. There's really no one else like them.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Fuck!!

F-Zero Climax is crazy expensive now if you wanna buy it on eBay. And I want to buy it...but not at these prices. Only released in Japan. £150 rough price nowadays.

51K86GQGE7L._SR600,315_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Also, I managed to snag one of these!!! 20th Anniversary Mario/Famicom Edition. ☺️
pa.43249.1.jpg

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
So, this is kinda troubling:

@rcmadiax: Just a heads up, a lot of developers are hitting the expiration of their Wii U developers license, and Nintendo is no longer allowing them to be renewed. If this happens, they remove all titles from said developer.

This sounds like some sort of eShop halfmageddon in the making. What do we do about this? Anyone got a journalist who could verify it?

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
So, this is kinda troubling:

@rcmadiax: Just a heads up, a lot of developers are hitting the expiration of their Wii U developers license, and Nintendo is no longer allowing them to be renewed. If this happens, they remove all titles from said developer.

This sounds like some sort of eShop halfmageddon in the making. What do we do about this? Anyone got a journalist who could verify it?

I think this is thread worthy actually.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Wow!!!

The used/secondhand market prices on good Gameboy Advance games has gone through the roof. All the good games are so expensive!!

😕

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Switch question. Can I buy just any ol micro sd card for expanding its storage? Or, are there any limits (size, manufacturer, etc.)?

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I have a Switch question. Can I buy just any ol micro sd card for expanding its storage? Or, are there any limits (size, manufacturer, etc.)?

With Micro SD grads try and use the best you can afford (I recommend the Samsung EVO). There are no problems with different sizes or manufacturers.

When the Switch first came out I got a 64GB basic San Disk Micro SD which should have been fine. After around a year I was getting errors and game updates were failing to download. I then replaced it with a larger Samsung EVO Plus Micro SD and haven't had a single problem since.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With Micro SD grads try and use the best you can afford (I recommend the Samsung EVO). There are no problems with different sizes or manufacturers.

When the Switch first came out I got a 64GB basic San Disk Micro SD which should have been fine. After around a year I was getting errors and game updates were failing to download. I then replaced it with a larger Samsung EVO Plus Micro SD and haven't had a single problem since.
Right on. Is 64gb about enough to hold a good amount of stuff? It was sitting next to a 200gb one that I'm eyeing to buy.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's not the most verified source, but it doesn't sound completely contrived. Thank you for your cooperation.

Shawndroid

May 24, 2018
Canada
Right on. Is 64gb about enough to hold a good amount of stuff? It was sitting next to a 200gb one that I'm eyeing to buy.
64GB is nowhere near enough unless you only buy a handful of pixel art games per year.

64 gigs can hold a few games. Many games are under 10 gigs. Mario Odyssey is 6 gb, Breath of the Wild is 14 gb. So you could hold about 4 Breath of the Wild sized games. 6 other big content games. And many games like Hallow Knight and SteamWorld Dig 2, which look great, and more pixel art games.

finngamer

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Couldn't find an OT for Wii U (sad), so I think this thread is the most suitable one. :)

I've had all Wii U games for a few years now, just added the odd Just Dance over the past couple of years to the collection. But now with physical Axiom Verge finally out, I figured it's time to do the video.

D6X8mZmX4AERUAo.jpg:large

210 unique games, so every PAL game and all US and Japanese exclusives. In addition I'm collecting all (meaningful) variants and editions, I have 308 of those (out of 314).

Link to the video.

If you're interested, I have compiled a full release list here.

Last edited:

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Couldn't find an OT for Wii U (sad), so I think this thread is the most suitable one. :)

I've had all Wii U games for a few years now, just added the odd Just Dance over the past couple of years to the collection. But now with physical Axiom Verge finally out, I figured it's time to do the video.

D6X8mZmX4AERUAo.jpg:large

213 unique games, so every PAL game and all US and Japanese exclusives. In addition I'm collecting all (meaningful) variants and editions, I have 308 of those (out of 314).

Link to the video.

If you're interested, I have compiled a full release list here.

Wow!! That's an incredible collection!! Congratulations!!

Are there any limited physical releases by companies such as Limited Run games that you're missing? Or this is now fully complete?

finngamer

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Wow!! That's an incredible collection!! Congratulations!!

Are there any limited physical releases by companies such as Limited Run games that you're missing? Or this is now fully complete?

Thanks!

No, Axiom Verge was the only Limited Run Game on the console. Not missing any unique games, but still trying to find these variants:

- PAL Assassin's Creed IV - Black Chest Edition
- PAL The Lego Movie Videogame (with Western Emmet minifigure)
- US Lego Jurassic World (with Dr. Wu minifigure)
- US Skylanders Swap Force - Dark Edition Starter Pack
- US Skylanders: Trap Team - Super Bundle Pack
- US Scribblenauts Unmasked (2-disc Wal-mart Edition)

Let me know if you'd have one for sale. :D

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Thanks!

No, Axiom Verge was the only Limited Run Game on the console. Not missing any unique games, but still trying to find these variants:

- PAL Assassin's Creed IV - Black Chest Edition
- PAL The Lego Movie Videogame (with Western Emmet minifigure)
- US Lego Jurassic World (with Dr. Wu minifigure)
- US Skylanders Swap Force - Dark Edition Starter Pack
- US Skylanders: Trap Team - Super Bundle Pack
- US Scribblenauts Unmasked (2-disc Wal-mart Edition)

Let me know if you'd have one for sale. :D
No I don't have any of those sorry.

Good to see you have two classics there, Yakuza 1&2 (which I can't find for a reasonable price) and Devil's Third (great game).

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having some problems with my right joycon. The stick is off kilter, seems to be stuck going in the "down" direction. Like, playing SSBU, characters are stuck doing the down smash attack. Playing Picross, the cursor moves erratically. Physically, it seems fine. I went to the calibration settings and did the process to reset it, but the problem persists. Is there any other ways to reset it to default? Here's a video showing the problem:

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
I'm having some problems with my right joycon. The stick is off kilter, seems to be stuck going in the "down" direction. Like, playing SSBU, characters are stuck doing the down smash attack. Playing Picross, the cursor moves erratically. Physically, it seems fine. I went to the calibration settings and did the process to reset it, but the problem persists. Is there any other ways to reset it to default? Here's a video showing the problem:

If it behaves normally at first and then starts to act as if someone is pressing the stick, it could be joycon drift. Best solution for me is to get WD40 Electrical Cleaner (NOT regular WD40!) and spray it under the rubber flaps. Do a quick search for "joycon drift cleaning" and you will find lots of information on this.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
If it behaves normally at first and then starts to act as if someone is pressing the stick, it could be joycon drift. Best solution for me is to get WD40 Electrical Cleaner (NOT regular WD40!) and spray it under the rubber flaps. Do a quick search for "joycon drift cleaning" and you will find lots of information on this.

Little late in the posting, but since I've dusted off my switch. I was having issues as well with drift.....this worked mostly for me. I think though I need to fully open it and just clean everything. It seems to have some kind of sort lodged into the stick itself. I think someone spilled something onto the joycon and it's sticking enough to certain angles.

coolcam52

Jan 14, 2019
Little late in the posting, but since I've dusted off my switch. I was having issues as well with drift.....this worked mostly for me. I think though I need to fully open it and just clean everything. It seems to have some kind of sort lodged into the stick itself. I think someone spilled something onto the joycon and it's sticking enough to certain angles.
I doubt it's related to someone spilling something. I don't know anybody who doesn't have drift problems with joycon. I've got bad drift on all my left sticks.

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what I could expect calling the repair support number for an out-of-warranty Joy-Con?

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The Corporate Governance Report lists what the top three company directors were paid last year:

Shuntaro Furukawa - 211 million yen ($1,955,000 USD)
Shigeru Miyamoto - 171 million yen ($1,584,000 USD)
Shinya Takahashi - 111 million yen ($1,028,000 USD)