• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will Nintendo show at the Game Awards?

• Breath of the Wild 2 trailer

Votes: 540 47.2%
  • Definitely NOT Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 192 16.8%
  • Metroid (2D, Trilogy, whatever)

Votes: 278 24.3%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 422 36.9%
  • 5th Smash DLC (post specific character)

Votes: 589 51.5%
  • Third Party Exclusive

Votes: 136 11.9%
  • The Coward's Bet

Votes: 81 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
btw I'm so committed to having a raccoon avatar that if by some minuscule chance I lose the bet I'll change my avatar but request a two-month self-ban to get me to the next Nintendo Direct

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
I'm gonna go crazy in here - might as well.

BotW2 Trailer
+2020 Release date
+ Voiced Link

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Team Doom Guy for Smash.

I've been calling him since Smash was announced and I'm not changing my call now.

Through out the year, people have wised up, they have realized the void in their hearts and I am betting Sakurai has too.

Only problem is that I'm taking the loss of another bet, if I lose I will not change my avatar right away, I will change it after my previous bet wears off and hold it for the same length between the loss and the next direct.

But don't worry, my gut is with me and that means 100% chance of victory.

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Likely:
Bayonetta 3 (It's been ages and it resurfacing here would make sense)

BotW 2 (Zelda has a history of showing up here and the pattern of BotW's announcement cycle would fit here, too.)

Smash's 5th character (There's no better place to announce this. Imagine it being something as big as Minecraft Steve, you want an audience that goes beyond the core Nintendo one to announce that. Having the first and last announced there would also be like poetry, it rhymes.)

Hopefully but unlikely:
Give us Metroid Trilogy you cowards.

BotW2 Trailer
+2020 Release date
+ Voiced Link
Fuuuuck that tbh.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm confident that they have more licensed games in production and TGA is the best place for those. Might not be this year tho but I'm betting the farm regardless.

Verder

Oct 28, 2017
Botw 2 I think may be shown.
Atleast judging off the last trailer shown they made some progress in development and will show something minor.
I have a gut feeling this is a majoras mask situation all over again and we gonna get re used assets but just some tweaks here and there

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I have a gut feeling this is a majoras mask situation all over again and we gonna get re used assets but just some tweaks here and there

I mean no need for a gut feeling because that's what will happen 100%. They are going to re-use a lot of assets because it would be stupid to start all over again, i.e. it would take longer to develop the game.

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
SMT V

9753250C5D7DD136386F47D5624B74EB5CFA67F5

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Smash newcomer 5 is guaranteed, they clearly didn't show it during Terry's presentation because TGA was close.

My bet for another Nintendo game is Bayo 3, now that Astral Chain has already been released for a while it's the best moment to show progress with the next Platinum game (unless they release the SE game before which I doubt). I can even see Kamiya working actively in the game, as we have not heard anything about him for a while.

Basslover

Jan 28, 2018
I'm IN!

• Breath of the wild 2
  • Smash DLC
Not expecting much more than that but would be happily surprised if more is shown (Pikmin 4!)

Jan 2, 2018
Okay, I'll bet on Crash Bandicoot as the 5th Smash DLC character. I hate him, but with his inclusion the big mascots would all be in the game: Mario, Pikachu, Pac-Man, Sonic, Mega Man and...Crash.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
i am betting no smash character and no zelda because i will be happy either way xD

or i win the bet or i get happy that zelda or smash is there

OP
OP
Jimmy Joe

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
Jimmy Joe, what does ANITIQUE mean?
ANTIQUE means that a person was on Dark Cloud's list but has not identified themselves as wanting to be part of the avatar bet, and so will not be held accountable until such time as they say they're in on the bet.

BotW2 Trailer
+2020 Release date
+ Voiced Link
The most courageous of us. Shine on, you diamond.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I believe it's too soon to show BotW 2 again because people will then get impatient. It's better to stay silent, then people, stupid as they always are, will say "lol they haven't showed it yet therefore it won't release this year, everyone knows that a game's progress is directly related to the trailers released, no trailer means the game is 2 years away from release, I know cause I'm smart, I did an online IQ test once I got like 250". And then boom, coming E3 they show a trailer, announce November 2020 release and the aforementioned Einsteins will be confused and surprised.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I've got the feeling that we won't be seeing much of anything new. But I haven't really kept up with Nintendo's presence at this event, so it's a total asspull of a guess.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Scene opens in stormwind mage tower.. jaina is consulting the on duty portal mage who explains something is trying to come through.. jaina summons her water elemental as black lightning envelops the portal and out pops..

Metaknight!

big fight .. more chars join in.. Jaina wins .. picks up the invite on the floor...

"Jaina Proudmoore joins smash for a spell"

/scene

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
For some reason I've got the feeling that we won't be seeing much of anything new. But I haven't really kept up with Nintendo's presence at this event, so it's a total asspull of a guess.

2018-
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
Joker in Smash
Sayonara Wild Hearts

2017-
Bayo 3 (and bayo 1+2 port)
Zelda DLC

2016-
Zelda, zelda and more zelda

can't find what was on 2015

2014-
Mario Maker