• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I was happy to learn that Nintendo had good prices for my country, but if people start abusing it and they shut it down, I'll feel terrible for every Switch owner over here.

sauce

Oct 25, 2017
This is literally how the Mexican eshop store got screwed over, but hey, I can't stop people who don't have a shred of empathy for the people there

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is literally how the Mexican eshop store got screwed over, but hey, I can't stop people who don't have a shred of empathy for the people there

Yup, same way Origin got rid of South American regional pricing. That was back during the old site's days, I thought people might have improved since then, I was very wrong.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was happy to learn that Nintendo had good prices for my country, but if people start abusing it and they shut it down, I'll feel terrible for every Switch owner over here.
I doubt Nintendo will do anything to screw you over. At most they will try to lock out other people being able to purchase. Their own software on your region store is pretty much in-line prices with other stores. It's other publishers who are pricing their games to be competitive with your region's income earnings.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Is Wargroove worth playing? I have Fire Emblem Three Houses and Into the Breach in my backlog at the moment, and want to get through those first before adding another strategy game to my backlog.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Well there's being a nerd, and then there's being a nerd. Stop being such a fucking nerd, nerd.

Interesting... I'm not sure I'm the one getting wound up here dude.

Edit: you are from the UK, you are able to purchase RoR2 from the eshop in the normal way if you think it's that "rad".

Brexit hasn't happened yet, I'm sure you're able to afford it.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
If anyone could get me Katana Zero & Hollow Knight that would be a huge favour, and I could paypal you the money today.

"There was a problem processing the transaction. Contact your credit card issuer or select another payment method. For help, visit support.nintendo.com."

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I would love it if someone could get me the Hotline Miami Collection, Katana Zero and My Friend Pedro. I have my PayPal ready to go, should be 18 USD.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Cuphead and Hotline Miami for $15. My grandpa was Argentinian so I'm not feeling guilty about it.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Got all of this for $37: Katana Zero, Hollow Knight, Stardew Valley, Celeste, Hotline Miami Collection, Risk of Rain 2 and Cuphead. Didn't get Wargroove since I already have it.

Might go back and get My Friend Pedro. I had planned on buying the physical release for that and Hotline Miami Collection anyway when Special Reserve Games puts them up.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Does this save your credit card information on the other account you create? I don't like having it saved anywhere so I just wanna be sure since I use PayPal on my NA account

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Is Risk of Rain 2 like the first one? I know they went 3rd person so not sure what changed besides that.

fade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't done this in awhile. Is just changing the region of your main account not an option anymore? I know you lose any credit you have.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when Valve straight up changed their entire gifting system because people were getting cheaper stuff
Then I realize the problem is that companies think it's illegal for a small percentage of consumers to get things cheaper than they want you to pay for it, not that consumers bought things cheaper than normal

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Then I realize the problem is that companies think it's illegal for a small percentage of consumers to get things cheaper than they want you to pay for it, not that consumers bought things cheaper than normal

But thinking that way directly affects other consumers less fortunate than yourself. You're just trying to shift the blame to the companies so you don't feel guilty.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Keys redeem on your main account so you would get those language options instead.
You're just sent a code.The code works on the US shop and the game is still in English.
You are essentially buying a download code for the game. The site is in Spanish, but the code emailed to you can be redeemed on the US eShop for the US version of the game (or whatever other region you are in, I'm assuming).

So I went ahead and did it. It costs me $3.21 in total for that game I wanted on my Switch. Argentines, I'm so sorry.

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
It's even better during sales. I got Hollow Knight for little over a dollar during the e3 sale. I'm waiting to see what they'll do for Christmas.

Edit: BTW, if you redeem the code in a US account you'll get the corresponding gold coins.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Haven't done this in awhile. Is just changing the region of your main account not an option anymore? I know you lose any credit you have.
No, this time, you sign up for an email address that is in the Argentine region, then you use your Visa/Mastercard to purchase a game there, then you redeem the digital code sent to you on your main account.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this technically piracy? Not trying to be a jerk, but this smells bad. This pricing is not for non-Argentinians...

BorntoPlay

Banned for Abusing Giftbot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venezuela
I am from Venezuela, there is no worse economy in the world than my country nor is there a Nintendo Venezuela Store ... so I will take advantage of this offer and there is nothing wrong with it ...

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't this technically piracy? Not trying to be a jerk, but this smells bad. This pricing is not for non-Argentinians...
It's not technically piracy, it's gaming the system. Possibly detrimental to Argentinians. Not going to hate on the hussle, the only thing I wanted that I don't already have is DS2 which is $40 USD anyway, so I'm out.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I am from Venezuela, there is no worse economy in the world than my country nor is there a Nintendo Venezuela Store ... so I will take advantage of this offer and there is nothing wrong with it ...

Your situation is different. Most people in here who are abusing this system are not from countries like Venezuela but instead from the US, UK, Germany etc. All countries with good economies and the ability to buy from their native country.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
You aren't illegally downloading or technically stealing stuff. It's not illegal, you're just using the region free system to your advantage. Nintendo set the region free system people are just using it to save themselves some money.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Justify you're shitty practice however you like. These prices aren't for anyone outside of Argentina. But if saving a few bucks makes you feel entitled to fucking over devs and potentially thousands of gamers go right ahead.

lol

how does economy work? 🤔
Investing money into an economy is bad, gotcha. Fucking over devs... hysterical. There is no data to dispute the fact that people who spent money on these games have done it because the price was right for them and their pockets and that they would have spent nothing at all if game X was $15 instead of $5.

There still hasn't been a confirmed case where regional pricing (which is laughably limited on the Argentian eShop, like it is for the Russian store and so on) has been scrapped because a tiny fraction of the general buying population was spending money on some other Country's e-stores.

Swiss-era shouldn't get the games from the Swedish eShop then, right? They should keep paying their games sometimes even 30% more, right? EU-era should have never imported their physical games from the UK, right? NETFLIX users should never use a VPN to enjoy the USA offerings and just stick with whatever gated content is available in their Country.
People who have grabbed some games cheaper from the JPN eShop are definitely responsible for the japanese economy crushing and burning, bring out the guillotine. Polish citizens have a much lower income, yet they should pay more on their eShop instead of taking advantage of the free market and world economy and pay for them on the Swedish/Norwegian eShops, those poor scandinavians risk losing their regional pricing deals goddamn polish Era!

Switch is a region-free console.
PS4 is a region-free console.
Xbox is a region-free console.
Buy and play games from any region.

And justify what exactly? And to whom?
I don't have the means to access the Argentian store and can't be bothered to find a credit card that might be accepted.
Thanks for making a complete ass out of yourself lol

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Sony has regional pricing for certain games in certain regions, they just have a better way to lock down regional stores by the way of additional CC authentication. Nintendo instead of doing that, just jacks up the prices like in SA.

Receipts, please. That isn't why the SA store had prices jacked up. Titles that costed the same or more than on most eShops had the price jacked up. Most titles have. On average games cost now more on the SA eShop than on EU stores, if (what you said) was true they would have priced games at least the same and not higher.

Cool beans, I just got Divinity 2 for -$10 the US eShop price.

You monster

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Receipts, please. That isn't why the SA store had prices jacked up. Titles that costed the same or more than on most eShops had the price jacked up. Most titles have. On average games cost now more on the SA eShop than on EU stores, if (what you said) was true they would have priced games at least the same and not higher.

You monster

I don't have receipts on eShop stuff, but EA stopped doing regional pricing in South America AND also screwed up the way they lower MSRP over time in our region, so not only we don't get regional pricing, but we also end up paying more for older games (Origin).

How did this happen? A-holes from the US and other countries with similar economies exploiting our regional pricing. And this isn't even the only time we got screwed over people doing this crap. It is also happening on Steam with all the big publishers (even if now it's way harder to exploit regional pricing there, pubs don't care, they got burned once, they'll screw over people like me because of people like you).

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I tried making an account and somehow failed miserably following the instructions. if someone can pick me up katana zero and RoR 2 I will pay for it.