• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

They gonna do Zelda dirty?

• Yep

Votes: 648 66.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • Yeah

Votes: 231 23.6%

• Total voters

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Or they could just release Switch ports of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker HD as individual games and forego any compilation.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
This has always been and will always be one of the very worst videos on youtube and it's absolutely ruined any discourse about the game because all people do is post it in conversations and then disappear like it's some sort of unassailable final word on it.
Took the words right out of my mouth, really. This and that one Super Mario Odyssey video essay are the worst; not because of the quality of the videos themselves or the opinions they present, but how people fall back on them as sources that (in their mind) undeniably back their opinions as fact.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I'm expecting basically this:
  1. Ocarina of Time
    • Original 1998 N64 ROM in 4:3, including small black bars on the top and bottom
    • Maybe some higher-res text/UI elements
    • No other enhancements whatsoever
  2. Wind Waker
    • Kinda 50/50 on whether or not it'll even be the HD version
    • (okay, it actually will be, but the fact I even considered that says a lot about Nintendo)
    • Dungeons still suck, game's still charming anyway
  3. Skyward Sword
    • The "Mario Sunshine" game of the pack; mediocre, but Nintendo's never re-released it before, so it's also kinda paradoxically the main "draw" of the collection regardless
    • Joy-con controls that kinda work in places
  • IN GENERAL
    • Out in February 2021, available until August 2021 for reasons Nintendo refuses to make clear
    • $59.99 even though that doesn't even come close to adding up
    • Not even so much as a mention of Majora's Mask
    • Games have forced-reverse camera controls while aiming; issue won't be patched until mid-April for some reason
    • Multi-million seller cause Ocarina's just that damn good

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
I'd gladly take one. At the moment all that's on the Switch are the NES/SNES games, LA, and BotW. Kinda crazy that we went from the entire library sans FSA on the 3DS/Wii U to this. If you want to play anything from 1998 to 2013, you need an older system.

NiteJohn

Oct 25, 2017
At what point in time has Nintendo made a Zelda collection for retail. They have done Mario collections multiple times. There's not going to be a Zelda collection. They are just going to port or remake a game like every other Zelda anniversary.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
What, you mean you don't want a port of three random games that aren't remastered or remade in the slightest, and charging you $60 for them while it's only on sale for 6 months?

You bet your ass.

Oct 28, 2017
My guess is they port over Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD from the Wii U and throw in the rumored Skyward Sword remaster as well. Sold individually for $40 a piece or together in some sort of $100 collector's edition.

I also expect Metroid's anniversary will be celebrated with a straight HD port of Prime Trilogy.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Maybe they'll make a Zelda Collector's Edition 2. The first one remains as probably my favorite thing I have on my GameCube. I would absolutely love to see a collection with some of the games not on it.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the 3D Zelda games are way too meaty for Nintendo to actually bundle them together in any way. Each one except probably Wind Waker has more playtime in it than the entire Mario 3D All-Stars collection.

Bottom line is that they could all easily sell for $60 each, so a bundle would actually be a steal.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Fortunately with Zelda games, Nintendo seems to treat them better than they do with Mario games.

They've already re-released, remastered, and remade so many Zelda games that they can take any of them and release them separately or as a compilation and they'll be higher quality than any Mario re-release they've put out.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DK is also 40 next year. Wonder if we'll get anything...

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  1. Ocarina of Time
    • Original 1998 N64 ROM in 4:3, including small black bars on the top and bottom
  2. Wind Waker
    • (okay, it actually will be, but the fact I even considered that says a lot about Nintendo)
  3. Skyward Sword
    • The "Mario Sunshine" game of the pack; mediocre, but Nintendo's never re-released it before, so it's also kinda paradoxically the main "draw" of the collection regardless
  • IN GENERAL
    • Out in February 2021, available until August 2021 for reasons Nintendo refuses to make clear
    • Games have forced-reverse camera controls while aiming; issue won't be patched until mid-April for some reason
Yeah, this is it. But I truly expect the Gamecube Wind Waker, just with something to replace the Tingle Tuner, like a bottle or something, and to be GC unmirrored Twilight Princess as a the big draw.

And it's going to have a corny name, like Zelda's Legends of the Heroes Collection; and include the Zelda Encyclopedia as a bonus instead of a music player.

It will be next year's big Switch game, revealed as the major announcement for June's Nintendo's digital presentation, 8 hours of gameplay in different Treehouse segments.

There will be insiders commenting around the Zelda collection, some having actually inside information and other without it: "Ohh something big is coming for Zelda fans", "Nintendo fans are gonna be surprised!", "I totally can't say what I'm hearing rumors about, but what I can say is Deru Deru Tsui ni Deru"

The main speculation thread here on Era will be around 200 pages in 50 ppp.
Denial, bargaining, distress, bluff, all in more in those threads.

After the announcement, only anger, acceptance, a couple of funny tweets, memes, etc.

8 mil copies sold WW.

Finally a false sense of "maybe Nintendo might be preparing another of these collections for Metroid" "how could they not?" "easy money for them", etc., speculation galore, 35 m video discussions, people looking for clues everywhere. But this instead won't result in anything :v

They will get Skyward Sword Remastered as 2022 Q1 big Switch game though.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Look, it'll be decent cause the games are good but as a collection? If Mario is anything to go by, it'll be phoned in. Look at what Blue Point is doing with UC Collection, Dark Souls, SOTC.

These aren't even in the same atmosphere as Mario when it comes to copies sold. And they couldn't be half arsed to improve or add anything really.
Bluepoint didn't do a Dark Souls collection or remaster. SOTC is a full blown remake which is not the same as a remaster like the Uncharted collection

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Ocarina of Time
  2. Wind Waker
  3. Skyward Sword
  • IN GENERAL
I'd expect them to maximum money grab

Zelda 35th collection (March 2021), 59.99
1. OOT (N64 emulation)
2. Windwaker (HD or GC)
3. Twilight Princess (HD or GC)

Separate later release:
Skyward Sword Remaster w/ bonus content (June 2021) 59.99

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Ultimate Zelda Collection realeasing this Fall as Nintendo's major holiday release! This epic collection features:
- Ocarina of Time
- Minish Cap
- Links Crossbow Training
These three legendary games will display in stunning 720p! Get this collection of classics for only $70.*

*Only available in November

Nov 27, 2017
California
Option 4: Yee

links awakening DX
Link to the past
Ocarina of time
Oracle of ages
Wind waker
Skyward sword
Set #1

Zelda 1+2 Nes
Majoras Mask
Twilight princess
Oracle of seasons
Minish cap
4 swords adventures
Set #2

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
At least you're optimist thinking that there'll be a Zelda collection, because as of now there isn't even a rumor.

Is that the one where Majora's Mask has crashing issues?

Because if there's one Zelda game that really should not have random crashes, it's Majora's Mask since you have to do so many things in one go thanks to the save system.

If I recall correctly the VC releases of Majora's Mask were prone to crash too, that disc in general had some bugs with the N64 games.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
What I want to see:

• 3DS remakes of Majora's Mask and the Ocarina of Time(With the 3D camera from MM back ported)
• The Wii-U Remakes of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

And I guess Skyward Sword, just to have the complete collection.

To be honest though, I'd rather have a 2D/2 Gameplay Zelda collection.

Zelda 1 (with optional BS Zelda 1 graphics)
Zelda 2
Link To the Past (With optional VOs from the GBA port)
Ancient Stone Tablets (An official release, with the original high quality music and voice overs.)
Four Swords Adventures
Oracle of Seasons/Ages
Minish Cap
Phantom Hourglass (With optional non-touch screen controls)
Spirit Tracks (With optional non-touch screen controls)
A Link Between Worlds

And I guess Tri Force Heroes...?

What I expect:

Link to the Past
Zelda64, n64 version, in 720p
Wind Waker 720p - Gamecube version
Skyward Sword - Upscaled to 1080p, still requires motion controls.

Basically, I expect to be disappointed.

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
Majora's Mask will almost certainly be the "Galaxy 2" of this collection, and you know what that means

and that's probably for the better, considering the 3DS remake was truly awful and seeing people here claim it's the superior version reaffirms why I never come to this site for good takes on video games

Apr 25, 2020
It will be Ocarina of Time 3DS, Majora's Mask 3DS and Twilight Princess Wii U, all ports. The first two will get basic upscaling but that's about it.

Why would Nintendo change their behavior when they get handsomely rewarded for it regardless?

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
giphy.gif

grand

Oct 25, 2017
They'll probably just rerelease the gamecube collection but with more 2D games included

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
We're getting a medium-effort Skyward Sword port and a "one intern with his emulators" ROM collection of OoT, WW, and TP. Enjoy

What's Majora's Mask?

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Took the words right out of my mouth, really. This and that one Super Mario Odyssey video essay are the worst; not because of the quality of the videos themselves or the opinions they present, but how people fall back on them as sources that (in their mind) undeniably back their opinions as fact.
Ugh, I'm going to regret asking this but.... what Odyssey video?
Not remade, but it was rereleased.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will they do a collection that's just fine that people will bitch about because they didn't do more?

yeah
Yes
Yep

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Funny, OP. I recently felt like replaying Ocarina too.

So I booted up my original gold cart in my ultraHDMI n64 and plugged in my retrofighters controller and awaaaaay we gooooooo (sorry)

(not even joking I started a new save last night)

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Bluepoint didn't do a Dark Souls collection or remaster. SOTC is a full blown remake which is not the same as a remaster like the Uncharted collection
Christ, obviously I meant Demon Souls.

And like for real? SOTC was a remake vs. remaster. In this case, its basically the same thing. SOTC was basically a graphical upgrade + new controls for PS4.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
  1. Ocarina of Time
  2. Wind Waker
  3. Skyward Sword
  • IN GENERAL
This.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is one collection that's Ocarina/Majora, then another that's WW HD/TP HD.

Which honestly doesn't sound terrible to me

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I hope so.

Playing through the entirety of 3D All-Stars is one of my favorite gaming moments of the year, and I love the fact that we have the original versions preserved on Switch. Do more of these.