• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Hopefully a new game by Reikon (Ruiner)? I loved their first game. They say (on their page) that they work on FPP coop experience. I am a bit dissapointed that it isnt going to be top down twin stick shooter, I LOVE local coop twin stick top down shooters (yeah, I miss you Housemarque).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ORI will be there to all the people who keep saying it's not INDIE! It doesn't matter MS published it. Nintendo and MS are allowed to call it what they want. I'm sure the devs talked about it too.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Man I really hate this "I'm gonna leak the biggest surprises incredibly close to the event date," thing even if it's 'vague'. There's literally no justification for it that isn't entirely selfish, and considering how people's careers have been hurt by leaks before (see Telltale) it's highly irresponsible as well.

Just post a "this Direct will be great!" tweet and move on, I really don't see the reason to flex how much insider knowledge you have like that.

Oct 25, 2017
There's probably a reason he capitalized "Hot." Hotline Miami 1 and 2 or Superhot or something like that.

I don't think that or "another Microsoft / Xbox first game" is particularly vague. But I also don't care if he wants to leak.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I'm supposed to be a bootlicker for that reason?
Leaking a direct 24 hours before is a dickish move, no different from what Sabi was threatening to do during E3. I would even say that it's worse in the case of indie games. They can ban me if they want, but that won't change that it's dickish.
oh Calm yourself! he didn't leak the actual game everyone and their cat figured this out easily

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
oh Calm yourself! he didn't leak the actual game everyone and their cat figured this out easily

I'm very calm. He's just being a dick. The hints he gave are the same as saying that it starts with an O, ends with an I there's an R somewhere in between. Even the release dates of specific games are a good surprise to get. Blasphemous for instance is possibly my most anticipated game. And again, the direct is literally in 24 hours.
But yeah I get it, because he's admin here, he gets a pass. That's the definition of bootlicking though.

Fintendo

Jun 5, 2019
There's probably a reason he capitalized "Hot." Hotline Miami 1 and 2 or Superhot or something like that.

I don't think that or "another Microsoft / Xbox first game" is particularly vague. But I also don't care if he wants to leak.
Super hot would be interesting, they've shown interest, is it indie? Hotline Miami looks awesome and would get it as I haven't played it

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I'm very calm. He's just being a dick. The hints he gave are the same as saying that it starts with an O, ends with an I there's an R somewhere in between. Even the release dates of specific games are a good surprise to get. Blasphemous for instance is possibly my most anticipated game. And again, the direct is literally in 24 hours.
But yeah I get it, because he's admin here, he gets a pass. That's the definition of bootlicking though.

I agree with you, he could have said that some release dates will be told for already announced games but no, he specifically said some of the games. (Blasphemous is also one of my most anticipated title, I'm happy it will be here but...I wanted to be "surprised" to see it).

Atleast he is not telling the unannounced games (if, perhaps, there will be unannounced games in this direct)

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah but you leaked Rare Replay was coming to Switch.

Just joking, but I hope you can understand where some people are kind of coming from.

At the end of the day this is just a glorified marketing event and there shouldn't be anything wrong with knowing what to expect beforehand.

Besides, there will be more than 1 game per minute, so there is plenty of stuff that hasn't been hinted at. And even the stuff that was hinted at didn't reveal anything concrete.

Plum

May 31, 2018
At the end of the day this is just a glorified marketing event and there shouldn't be anything wrong with knowing what to expect beforehand.

Besides, there will be more than 1 game per minute, so there is plenty of stuff that hasn't been hinted at. And even the stuff that was hinted at didn't reveal anything concrete.

You could really say the same about things that give people some form of excitement, that there "shouldn't be anything wrong" with someone else coming in to harm that excitement. But at the end of the day they still had that excitement in the first place and leaks still harm it no matter how many times those who are OK with leaks go "you shouldn't feel the way you do." I suppose you could say the same thing for the leaks themselves; after all there "shouldn't be anything wrong," with someone who knows things just not telling everyone what they know (well there is literally nothing wrong with it seeing finding out about something naturally hurts no-one whatsoever) but it still happens anyway.

There's also the potential ramifications for the companies itself; leaks can only happen if there is a leak to be found, so every time you or anyone else does leak, even if it's vague, there's a chance that companies face a conflict of trust that, in an industry like gaming, does have the potential to get bad. Considering that I just can't do anything but dislike the whole practice. Unless you're 100% sure that the people whose games you leak won't face any ramifications then I just can't see why you'd take that risk; that's especially true here because a collaboration between an indie and a massive corporation like Microsoft is likely much more serious than others (one of the reasons Telltale got shut down was because its Stranger Things collab got leaked).

Last edited:

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Any more indie games with Nintendo IP like Cadence of Hyrule?