• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"Silksong will be available... TODAY!"

A man can wish... very interested in the presentation regardless.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Awesome! Gimme the Silksong release date
I 100% feel you, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. In the announcement trailer thread we had a huge discussion on the possible release date with even some posters that knew Team Cherry personally weighing in. The conclusion was that while a 2019 date is possible, 2020 is much more likely.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so they're now doing the same video for all regions.
i expect (and dread) a silksong shadow drop
i hope they reveal the release date for sayonara wild hearts too.

digifire

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping to see that Touhou time-stop metroid-vania that got announced for a port a few months back.

deep_dish

Oct 25, 2017
One step closer to the return of space.... nah, never mind.

Always looking forward to the big Nintendo indie showcases

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
"Silksong will be available... TODAY!"

A man can wish... very interested in the presentation regardless.
I have one Switch-less friend who would deprive me of my system as soon as that announcement happened.

I'm only half-joking.
so they're now doing the same video for all regions.
i expect (and dread) a silksong shadow drop
i hope they reveal the release date for sayonara wild hearts too.
So yeah, "dread" is correct.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh, and it looks like it's going to be a live stream like normal directs, and not just a video they upload.

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019
Would be great to see Nintendo give more licenses to indie dev like they did with Cadence of Hyrule

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Nice it looks like they united their indies initiative. It was weird to see NoA ignore the NoE videos and vice versa.

Jan 20, 2019
I like the idea of consolidating the regional Indie Directs into one feed! Definitely gives off a global, we-are-all-in-this-together vibe.

I suspect dropping the name "Direct" was strongly considered, as well. Keeps us waiting for the next Direct proper while still feeding some new content, very nice.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for Cyber Shadow and Shovel Knight KoC release dates, but I know these are usually dedicated to new game announcements.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Regarding Silksong release date, Team Cherry said this less than 2 months ago:

Release

Thanks to everyone for asking and we're sorry that we still don't have anything conclusive to say. For Silksong we're running on Cherry-time over here, that means both 'When it's ready,' and 'When it matches the quality and scale of Hollow Knight.' Just know, we will talk about a release date when we're 100% certain we can hit it. The last thing we want to do is make promises, only to see things slide. For now, we'll continue stuffing all sorts of strange critters and surprises into Silksong. We can't wait for you all to play it.

Post E3 Wrap! Silksong Systems Update! | Team Cherry

Team Cherry is a small indie games developer in Adelaide, South Australia. Come and take a look at our current project, Hollow Knight!

So yeah, I wouldn't count on it.

Jun 8, 2019
  • Return to Obra Dinn announced
  • Untitled Goose Game shadow drop
  • Silksong date
  • Sayonara Wild Hearts shadow drop
  • Cross Code shadow drop
  • "Fuck All of Your Wallets" shadow drop
Given that the last Nindies Direct announced Cuphead and a new Zelda game, I think it's fair to ask for all of this, along with Ori, Castle Crashers, Pyre, FTL, Kentucky Route Zero, Spelunky, Shovel Knight King of Cards, and literally everything else people in this thread ask for might ask for, and it would still count as "keeping our expectations in check"

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Hope to see more of The Red Lantern, maybe a release date for Blasphemous (I just got an email this morning asking me to confirm which region I wanted my eShop key for...)

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I wanna see Cross Code, Hollow Knight: Silksong and Ion Fury on this with release dates

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the devs of sayonara wild hearts have been hinting at the game being close to release for a while now, i wouldn't be surprised if the game was shadow dropped.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Mineko's Night Market, Untitled Goose Game, and Creaks release dates please with surprise announcements of Tunic and Way to the Woods coming to Switch
probably none of this is happening

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
nxMBqb4.gif

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I just hope they tone down on the PR mode and let games speak for themselves. I roll my eyes every time they talk like they are living inside the game.

Anyway, hoping for a release date for Squadron 51!!

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Is this where we can get Ori and the Blind Forest?

This is my bet for most likely to show up during this presentation.

Another step down the road of friendship for Nintendo and Microsoft. Only a matter of time until the bigger guns show up.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
So there's this, Stadia Connect, Inside Xbox and Keighley's thing all on Monday? It's like a mini E3. Just need a State of Play announced now.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Just like clockwork. So a direct is probably coming for September then, like the last 2 years

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the Japanese version. Do they even announce new games in these? I've never cared for them.

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
Just give me Spelunky on switch already.
(Also Hotline Miami 1+2 and we're set)

I honestly think this is where Spelunky makes its debut.

Also secretly hoping Subset gives FTL a shot, despite potential screen size problems.

I'm still mildly upset Nintendo rejected Fight N Rage, for some reason. Hope that's been resolved and Seba tries again.