• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Looks really really good. They've got some amazing voice actors and the art style looks great. Story seemed like it's going to be interesting too so I'll be buying this!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This looked dope, came out of nowhere.
Glad to see KT continuing tp be one of the best Switch supporters.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Murata seems like he'd be a difficult person to get; you'd think he'd be one something they'd be doing a big push on.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Looks great, but what is it? Is it a VN, or is it a 3rd person shooter and they showed only the non shooting parts?

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a mix between visual novel mystery (Like Phoenix Wright) and Quick Time Events, heavy focus on the story, I'm interested.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
This will help with information about the game
topics.nintendo.co.jp

真実に迫れ、相棒と共に。『バディミッション BOND』1月29日発売。 | トピックス | Nintendo

本日公開された「Nintendo Direct mini ソフトメーカーラインナップ 2020.10」にて、コーエーテクモゲームスが開発を手がける完全新作アドベンチャー『バディミッ
Thanks. Well, Google Translate helped - a little... So it's (maybe) something like Phoenix Wright with investigation (similar not in the subject matter, but the gameplay type), but there's also an infiltration stage that is done in some unclear way, perhaps only with a map but perhaps in other ways as well, not sure... Let's say that it's 65% clear to me now what this is :-)

Looks good (will very probably buy if localized) and I can see it ending up being really good, but rather niche.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did they not put this in the western direct cause the otome vibes?

If otomes were all like this I would play the shit out of them every one here is badass

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I love the art, but what type of gameplay are we looking at, or is it just a VN?

Going by the official site, the npcs react differently depending on which duo you're using, due to them having unique skills, so you need to go with the correct duo for the investigation part, and then there's an infiltration part (the part with a map and 3d models in what looks like quick time events in the trailer) that's changed depending on how you perform in the investigation part.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Going by the official site, the npcs react differently depending on which duo you're using, due to them having unique skills, so you need to go with the correct duo for the investigation part, and then there's an infiltration part (the part with a map and 3d models in what looks like quick time events in the trailer) that's changed depending on how you perform in the investigation part.

That seems really interesting, though as a CPRG nerd myself, I kinda wish that there were diverging storypaths. But hey, I'll accept it. It's a Japanese game after all. Hopefully this will get a port to the West.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
This oddly looks pretty cool. I don't know why im interested but it looks neat. Maybe its the Murata drawings lol. I love their art.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Looks like a fun adventure game. I hope it comes out in English because I'm pretty interested.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
OKok, how am I just learning about it now... Looks very intriguing. Need more detective games.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
It looks great! I really hope that it gets localized. I'm very surprised it wasn't in the English Direct. Thus far Nintendo has localized all their first party Switch titles. I hope this won't be the exception.

The fact that they've revealed this game only in the Japanese Direct, with a release date that's very soon is not encouraging. The way I see it, there's three possibilities:

1) For whatever reason, it's not being localized at all
2) Nintendo will localize it, but it won't be a simultaneous release
3) Another company will license the game from Nintendo and localize it (or Koei-Tecmo is releasing it overseas themselves for some reason)

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
From the trailer, game elements include:

1. Visual Novel dialogues and cutscenes.
2. Quick-time events.
3. Multiple paths / story plot elements.
4. RPG leveling system.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think this game looks pretty cool, the ninja character in particular looks like a real fun character.