• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, time to see if I got banned. I made a lot of stupid mistakes when homebrewing my 3DS.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Why make a dead system more stable? I don't get it.

Let it rest in peace, Nintendo. The 3DS had a good run.

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
This is not about hacking. There is no software to back it up anymore. Thing is dead and Nintendo is just letting things prepared.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
What do you mean? 🤔

I think he/she meant that there's little in the way of future software on release calendars to keep the 3DS propped up. I mean, Persona Q2 is about to drop, but other than that, the system is basically dead. I don't think there's any notable first-party software left announced and unreleased, and third-party support is quickly drying up as well.

I suppose it would explain why the last two firmware updates didn't include any new anti-hacking countermeasures...

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
I actually have been having a bug with badges for years. The last badge I place in the main menu always disappears when I reboot the console.

Would be nice if this is the update that finally fixes it.

Rox

Dec 13, 2017
Still holding on to that miiverse icon huh

Just rubbing it in Nintendo lol

Meffer

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it's a good time as any to hack your 3DS now. Region free being such a good feature.

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think he/she meant that there's little in the way of future software on release calendars to keep the 3DS propped up. I mean, Persona Q2 is about to drop, but other than that, the system is basically dead. I don't think there's any notable first-party software left announced and unreleased, and third-party support is quickly drying up as well.

I suppose it would explain why the last two firmware updates didn't include any new anti-hacking countermeasures...
I was actually asking about the last sentence in the post

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I just bought a refurb 3DS from Nintendo today for homebrew, hopefully it's not on the latest version.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
i really really really hope the final update bring the firmware to 11.11.0-44 to get that perfect symmetry as the capping end to the 3DS line.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Just played Zelda Spirit Tracks on my 3DS yesterday. That update must be a sign because I have to ship some mega ice to the volcano via train. The goron who sold it to me told me that I have to drive carefully. That stability update comes in really handy right now. I don't know if I can make it without it.

Last edited:

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Why haven't they removed it or the TVii button from the Wii U?
They actually did remove the TVii button in Europe, though that was a long while ago. I guess they would have removed Miiverse button if it was taken down earlier.

I'm going to guess that the reason they didn't remove the Miiverse button on the 3DS has something to do with themes, introduced alongside it. Maybe they'd have to touch up these, or at least include a replacement button.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Thank goodness! This update was all I needed to keep on playing MH4U. Was about to drop dead on the spot, but the stability improvement kept me going. Result is a new armor set. Thank you, Nintendo.