• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

brykuhn91

Oct 27, 2017
I was just just watching some old Disney VHS's and saw the previews with the famous Disney Vault.

I was also thinking about the amazing back catalog of Nintendo games and how hard many of them are to buy today. Do you think the day will come where the Gameboy, GBA and GameCube libraries will be easily available on the Switch or a future Nintendo platform. Or will they continue to stay on the mini disks continuing to raise in price.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
They had something good with the Virtual Console system...then threw all that away for Classic systems and haven't revived it since outside of NSO SNES and NES so far

They could have done that again with the Switch and would be rolling in more money. Especially if they had it tied into NSO somehow

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I embraced emulation a long time ago. Wii was such a refreshing console for really diving into their older titles and there is huge potential with Switch to do something incredible but they just don't want the money.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They had something good with the Virtual Console system...then threw all that away for Classic systems and haven't revived it since outside of NSO SNES and NES so far
If it was so good, people would have kept buying but people kept saying they don't want that and wanted a Netflix like system for over a decade now. NSO needs some serious improvements though and needs more systems.

EDIT: VC also has the issue of being reliant on 3rd parties too and 3rd parties are embracing their own collections.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
No one really seems to care but even if Nintendo ever got around to emulating these games, trickier features like Game Boy multiplayer seems like something that will never be on the table.

The original releases will always have value.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Their handling of the mother series in the US is borderline criminal.

They should put out 1st party GB/GBA compilations as Switch carts.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I very much want to play Metroid: Zero Mission, and it's confined to the Wii U virtual console. Lame.

Also Metroid Prime and Wind Waker, which I missed out on.

OP
OP
brykuhn91

brykuhn91

Oct 27, 2017
I gave my friend my copies of Mario strikers and paper Mario TTYD. And just want to play them, but he moved to Japan.

Just wish their was a easier way to buy their games other than eBay.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
I would do unspeakable things to get a modern day port of Kirby's Air Ride with online play.

Mutley

Banned
Jan 6, 2018

They could have done that again with the Switch and would be rolling in more money. Especially if they had it tied into NSO somehow

Outside of the big games, Virtual Console games sold poorly

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
It's embarassing that there hasn't been a legal way to buy a digital copy of Pilotwings 64 in 15+ years.

I swore i heard it was due to legal issues, but that just stuns me since nothing about Pilotwings 64 screams legal issues. How can it be? It's just planes and hanggliders.

VC bombed disastorously. Especially in Japan. The NA region was the only one where any VC games did well. Japan also vocally prefers this distribution method/compilations from the sort of reactions I saw on Twitter

Last edited:

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

They're adding one more console each year. In another 5 years, most of their old stuff will be up!