• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to spend some time during training and do a match before servers died again. It's extremely polished, although also confusing.
Visually speaking it really looks like a first party game.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
I only got to play one match & mess around in the practice mode but that was enough to kind of get a feel of what it's going for. I look forward to it's release next month

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the map is too big? You can move around pretty quickly and some of the maps are going to have those zip line type things.

Combat is a little chaotic at first and hard to follow but you can tell there is some nuance to it.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
It's pretty fun. I'm currently just messing around in training mode to get a good fee for the controls

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm pretty excited/interested in this now. It's a lot of fun!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like a pretty fun little game. Just not really something I would spend money (or any significant amount of time) on.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to play 3-4 matches and while I still didn't really have an idea what I was doing this was mad fan, I look forward to the full release! :D

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
GungHo has been really good with Puzzle and Dragons content so I'm sure this will be well supported also.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Drill was cool to use as well also it's special is pretty much a 2-shot weapon.

Also I guess shifting the analog stick in certain directions also allows different types of attack like shifting/teleporting to a side of an enemy or something like spin attack.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Is the game server down now? Not sure if I found a way to bypass the lock...but the game is still active for me (I never got past the tutorial stage)
Also I can see me playing this as a F2P. But I hope there is a good number of weapon variety/ultimate moves if it has good success

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Better to have a server load disaster now than at the full launch. Temtem didn't get enough people in its stress test, so its launch was terrible.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the game server down now? Not sure if I found a way to bypass the lock...but the game is still active for me (I never got past the tutorial stage)
Also I can see me playing this as a F2P. But I hope there is a good number of weapon variety/ultimate moves if it has good success

Yeah it's in maintenance since like an hour.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't get to play but it looks very interesting. But man, I wish it didn't evoke Splatoon so hard. Like yeah I get the gameplay is completely different and stuff and the style is alllllmost different enough to make it seem like it's own. But then there's things like the grind ink-like rails and the icons on these guy's shirts...

AL8VY9G_d.jpg

519nomBWMDL.jpg

...that's just like dude come on. Along with the general style of the whole thing being similar. I had a friend trying to play today that hasn't kept up with it at all and he very quickly asked if the people that made this were the same people that made Splatoon.

I'm just a stickler about stuff like this. I'd enjoy this game a lot more of it worked a little harder to truly find it's own style.

Last edited:

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Didn't get to play but it looks very interesting. But man, I wish it didn't evoke Splatoon so hard. Like yeah I get the gameplay is completely different and stuff and the style is alllllmost different enough to make it seem like it's own. But then there's things like the grind ink-like rails and the icons on these guy's shirts...

AL8VY9G_d.jpg

...that's just like dude come on. Along with the general style of the whole thing being similar. I had a friend trying to play today that hasn't kept up with it at all and he very quickly asked if the people that made this were the same people that made Splatoon.

I'm just a stickler about stuff like this. I'd enjoy this game a lot more of it worked a little harder to truly find it's own style.
As an old grizzled Splatoon vet I've found it pretty easy to differentiate the two games though I fully understand why so many people think it looks so similar to the point of some calling it near-identical. I think what bothers me more on a personal level is how much the WNA logo within the game reminds me so much of Ninjara's logo from ARMS!

Actually the bigger issue I think I'll have with Ninjala is the constant addition of new seasons and new cosmetics makes me worried that the game isn't really going to have a very strong sense of its own style, since it seems like they're going to be willing to throw in just about anything without worrying too much about overall cohesion.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
So has anyone gotten in during this session yet? I can't even get into a queue at all. It just gives me an error immediately every time then boots me to go back through the start up screen again and again.

Edit: Looks like it just let me in

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will say that it's incredibly hectic when there's like 4 people against each other.

At the same time is easy as hell to kill someone real fast if you know how to use the zipping/teleporting attack along with spin to win.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Noticed something in the equipment menu, you get 30 matches with the other colors for your weapons before they're gone? That seems... icky.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
The game is still online, you can choose training. The city map looks beautiful, much better than Mario Odyssey

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Got to play during this most recent wave and...man it's a good thing it's free because after this experience I feel like it definitely wouldn't be for me to the point of spending money on. I thought I had an okay understanding of how the flow of combat is supposed to work from reading through all the tutorial stuff but taking it into an actual match just did not work out at all. For all the different moves and techniques in the game I get the sense that it doesn't do a very good job of easily conveying to the player exactly what is going on in certain situations and why. It felt like a lot of times I would get the drop on an enemy and strike them from behind, but rather than that opening up my opportunities for damage it would just lead to me getting instantly countered from behind and put into a disadvantaged state, forcing me to S-burst and then either get broken or go into the triangle clash. Similarly, winning the clash felt very hit-or-miss in terms of being able to deal actual follow-up damage. I might need to mess with my camera controls more because the combination of free control, gyro aim for gum shots, and sometimes-it-does-sometimes-it-doesn't lock-on made it unnecessarily difficult to keep track of surroundings and would often leave my camera defaulting into weird angles looking at the floor (in a game where air combat and verticality are a big deal).

Understanding when enemies are vulnerable and when they're not, when your attacks will actually combo or not and when you can actually do the alternative attacks, when enemies are vulnerable to break attacks or not...there's just lots of little things that make the frantic pace harder to follow than it properly should be. Or maybe I'm just old and bad at the game and this isn't actually a problem for others, I don't know. My impression of the game so far is just very mixed overall.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Either errors or opponents not found...For being from a publisher already big in mobile and online games this early testing and their attempts to alleviate it haven't been instilling a lot of confidence.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Either errors or opponents not found...For being from a publisher already big in mobile and online games this early testing and their attempts to alleviate it haven't been instilling a lot of confidence.

Isn't that the opposite? It's better having it now then come launch where constant errors can occur. That's a good way to kill interest if that happened.

Especially since this is a F2P title so I imagine even if people aren't gonna stick to the game that a good amount of them will try it in the first day to see how it is.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got to play one match. It was really fun, I ended up winning. Don't know how every system works yet but it's pretty dope.