• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I was always up to trying this game ever since its reveal but now that they are about done with the initial game and showing more gameplay im being more and more sold?, I just wish I could buy it as a full priced game, i tend to dont stick to f2p games for long however this looks the most fun for me

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I really like what I've seen of it. Very fun art style and the gameplay looks like more than the simple Splatoon rip-off people first assumed. I especially like how you can turn into an environmental object to lie in wait for opponents.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This was the surprise highlight of the Nintendo Direct for me. It reminded me a lot of Anarchy Reigns, which I freaking LOVE.

Edit - oh hell, it's F2P? I've lost all interest.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was shocked by how good it looked. And that it was F2P.

It does look like the characters' feet are not touching the ground in some scenes of that footage. Which is oddly unpleasing. Looks like a technical issue that could 'easily' be patched.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Looks super fun, the real question though is how much content there is at launch and if/how much they want to add to it

Gearkeeper 8A

Oct 27, 2017
Looks very fun and creative love the designs, hopefully the game is succesful enough to get their own animated series.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
It looked great. If a tad too Splatoon-y but it's not a bad place to start and it's not like there's ton of similarly styled games put there. Ironically I was disappointed when I discovered I did NOT have to pay for it lol

But I understand Splatoon was a perfect storm and there's more chance the game
will survive this way, although Splatoon for me was as much about its sp campaign than it was about online mp, sad that f2p means they'll skip the sp part of the equation

Looks super fun, the real question though is how much content there is at launch and if/how much they want to add to it

The real question is not even remotely about quantity of content right now, but all about its f2p mechanics/hooks and how much will it suck (or not)

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
F2P for an online brawler about cutie-pie characters with wacky swords and bubble-gum effects? I'm holding out hope that they just crank up the customization options and leave its core gameplay enjoyable, not moneygated. In which case, I'm in.

Apr 21, 2018
This is one of those games I really need to play before passing judgement on. Seems entirely based on balance, controls, and game feel.

But the presentation is nice. The environments are huge. They look like they are atleast 3x bigger than anything in Splatoon 2. With a map this big, it makes me dream of 8x8 Splatoon matches.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
it's very pretty but looks like knock-off Splatoon, so much so that is not even charming

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know, I find the weapon swings very slow, and yet I can't seem to make out what is going on. That's very jarring.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Nothing wrong with paying for cosmetics in general, but especially in a F2P game. If any type of gameplay is tied behind mtx that's when I'm out.
When is this supposed to launch?

Well I disagree I think cosmetics are part of the gameplay.
It comes on the 27th of May

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I like everything but the swords, and it being a GungHo game all I can think about is some kind of bs power creep that will ultimately ruin the fun of the game.