• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
curious as to why.

still hope they make a cartoon out of this. I love the character designs too much

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I don't remember how long ago I played this (e3 2017?!) but it already seemed like a fun, clear twist on Splatoon-like turf-control combat. I have to wonder if this is a reflection on GungHo as a publisher, or what.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
still hope they make a cartoon out of this. I love the character designs too much
so good

hMkriVa.jpg

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
lol, was originally spring this year.

we've seen 0 footage since that e3 as far as I know.

On the bright side, it didn't look that great, so hopefully that means it'll be retooled

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Hefty delay, forgot this game existed.
Reminds of Splatoon if it was centered around ninjas with baseball bats and bubblegum lol

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Is this the same company porting Grandia? Wonder what's up with that too...

The Grandia 2 build at PAX was apparently really bad, press weren't even allowed to take video, so I suspect that's taking more time. We've never seen Grandia 1, but given they're supposed to be released at the same time, even if G1 is coming along on schedule, G2 delays will affect it too.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going from a massive boot at E3 2018 to pushed back to Spring 2020 is weird, but they really need it to be good.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Yeah, thought about the game a while back and did wonder where it ended up. Expected a delay, but even earlier than now, to be announced.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
Kind of glad as I have a ton to buy for Switch this year anyway. Can't wait to see what they improve on when this finally comes out .

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ouch, feel like this is going to have any potential squandered at this rate.

woodypop

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised at the lengthy delay. There was a massive booth at PAX West 2018, with 4v4 matches going on. I wonder what the holdup is?

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad for multiple reasons

1. Give them enough time in the oven and breathing room in the first half of 2020

2. When shown again, they have another chance to give the game a more clear identity besides the "oh cool, ripping off Splatoon!" comments lol

3. One less thing to show in the E3 Direct

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Liked a lot of what I played at PAX last year. My only beef was how cumbersome blowing the bubble gum and turning it into your weapon was.
Mechanically in theory, it's fantastic. In practice, it needs some work to feel more intuitive.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I could have sworn someone said it was pretty rough in impressions at some point so this delay may be warranted on that end. Or they could just be boosting the amount of content to make it a feature rich game.