• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He doesn't go on talkshows to promote gaming?

He goes on talkshows to promote himself and Epic's product, his business partner.

He doesn't throw huge fundraisers?

Don't care. Has nothing to do with the conversation.

Also, where do you get off deligitimizing gaming as a career?

Read better:

I'm all for making a living out of it

Furthermore, in what way is he a misogynist? In what way is a manchild?

I'm not gonna do this. I really doubt you're not aware of this particular criticism at this point and how it came to be. And if you're not, educate yourself.

omark

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Italy
User Warned: Inappropriate Content/Joke
Lol
Mod Edit: Inappropriate content removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Gaming has been becoming more mainstream at a steady rate since 2007 and it's not because one person or even video game. Halo 3, CoD4, Skyrim, etc have all played their part. Ninja is just riding the coattalis of Fortnite and claiming it's all him. He was a below-average Halo pro that has never won a tournament (no, the sponsored Red Bull one that most people didn't even know existed doesn't count) that attempted to ride the coattails of PUBG and then he benefited from being an early adopter of Fortnite.
Remember that time when media outlets interviewed Halo? I do. Was good.

Some of y'all are so envious of this man that you try so hard to deny what he has done for gaming. A lot of y'all think gaming was mainstream already due to the popularity of games when games are still secluded by their own news and media industries.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
He doesn't go on talkshows to promote gaming? He doesn't throw huge fundraisers?

He's not going on talk shows to promote the nebulous concept of "gaming" in general. Celebrities don't go on talk shows to promote "movies" in general. He's going on talk shows to promote: A) himself, and B) Fortnite, a thing he relies on for his continued success.

People in his position throw fundraisers. It's something they can do to improve their public image. I wouldn't ascribe any real beneficence to it. Raising money is good, of course, but the reality is that it comes with the territory and ultimately has no bearing on anything. Al Capone started one of the first soup kitchens during the great depression, people can simultaneously do good things and also be kinda shit.

Also, where do you get off deligitimizing gaming as a career? Why playing games and entertaining people any less of a job than making the games?

Livestreaming is a derivative work. If you remove the hard work and effort of the people who make the games, Ninja is just some guy. I'd rather venerate the artist than the guy screeching near the art. There's more art and craft in making a game than playing a game, even when the game is being played at a high level. More people derive entertainment from the game itself than one person playing the game.

Furthermore, in what way is he a misogynist?

Well-trod territory at this point. He may have realized that his previous rule looked bad for him and changed course, but the necessity of a course correction itself casts a pall over his general outlook on gender relations.

In what way is a manchild?

V4bXiAu.gif

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Lol
Mod Edit: Inappropriate content removed.

Yikes.....

Man I don't even watch Ninja and it's still insane to me how much anger and hatred some of yall have for him or any big name on Twitch. Or hell the idea of someone making a career out of streaming in general seems to really ruffle some feathers here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually impressive that this thread's become more cringy to read through than the original clip it was about.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know that you're reading a post from a little kid when they say something like "in his past" to refer to something from three months ago.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Remember that time when media outlets interviewed Halo? I do. Was good.

Some of y'all are so envious of this man that you try so hard to deny what he has done for gaming. A lot of y'all think gaming was mainstream already due to the popularity of games when games are still secluded by their own news and media industries.

gosh. he got lucky. he was first in line on the fortnite boom. if not him it would have been another run-on-the-mill streamer. the point is - ninja was popularised by fortnite not the other way around. to claim that it is is just delusional.