• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
Finally got around to watching that trailer and I regret to inform you all that this fucking rocks. Literally everything about this rules. Here for it day 1.

Invoker

Chicken Chaser
May 29, 2019
Embarrassing thread (as usual). Some really low posting IQ here.

On topic .. this reminds me of Power Stone for some reason and I LOVED that game.
Looks incredible, how many 3D brawlers are there now? Definitely intrigued.

It's not low IQ posts.
It's just the Microsoft haters.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
The game has been second project since 2014 meaning few people worked on it on and off. It was never their main project .as soon as MS took over , they approved this second project to become main project .at least that's the impression I get from all this .

Or it could be MS wanted a game in next 2 years and since they had worked on it since 2014 this was the only game close to production.meanwhile they will take their 4 years to create another hell blade type game in 2022.so this is just an appetizer
You should get into improv, its remarkable the entire story you just pulled out of your ass based on fucking nothing

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 day): Console wars
So... Microsoft will successfully add this megaton to the Crackdown 3, ReCore, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay and Lococyle gems catalog.

Big tragedy for Ninja Theory.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
I understand leaks and take part in them like everyone else here, but this thread is a perfect example of why revealing a game without it's proper context can negatively influence the reception of the game before it's even been properly revealed.

This could very well have been announced with having someone from NT discuss the history behind the project and maybe even teases for whats next from the other teams at NT, but instead this thread has become an echo chamber of people trying to blame whoever they can just because the game doesn't look like what they wanted from these devs, despite multiple posters providing more than enough information to let people know this was a game NT wanted to make and was in development far before MS came around.

Going further it just sucks that a place filled with people who claim to love games are so quick to shit on anything that doesn't fit what they want specifically. I'm sitting here in excitement because I honestly just love the look of what I've seen so far and it has got to be so demoralizing or even just plain hurtful for people at NT to see this reception around the web all based on a trailer that was shown off without any of the people who put time into working on it having a say. Anyway, I look forward to seeing those of us who have been waiting for something like this in the technical alpha, because I'm most certainly gonna try and get in.

IRECLAIMER117

Banned
May 4, 2019
Since MS is in charge now. They should have axe this thing. It looks pretty bad.

Not to mention that one of the insiders says that it has gone through changes.

It looks super generic.
You don't acquire new studios and tell them you're giving them creative freedom to do what they want and start off by a axing the first game they want to put out based on nothing. No one has even played the game or understand what they're doing with the game most of you with your console war agendas are just prematurely throwing out verbs. Maybe give them a chance to explain what their game is about tomorrow I know it's a lot to ask from some of you.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Since MS is in charge now. They should have axe this thing. It looks pretty bad.

Not to mention that one of the insiders says that it has gone through changes.

It looks super generic.
So if you actually have some insight, what kind of change are we talking about here? Is it an Overstrike to Fuse situation? Say what you want about the execution but I think generic is the last thing this deserves to be called.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Fair enough, I stand corrected. But this game could have been one of the reason MS acquired them then? It just looks a lot like the multiplayer games they constantly preach about.

If you can axe scalebound after multiple years in development, this one seems like a good candidate too.
What an extraordinarily ignorant thing to say. C'mon!

You haven't played the game. You haven't heard the pitch. You know practically nothing about the game other than you saw a phone recorded, stolen trailer with no sound. This was a stolen leak and should be treated as such until we see the official reveal. I mean, honestly...

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of ignorance in this thread is astounding. It's been in development for years, before MS acquisition. Be as angry and dissapointment about MS acquiring NT as you want, but don't ignore info about the game and it's development.

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
A bit to late but reminds me of the Game that David Jaffe launched a while back.
Drawn to death? Wonder if you're thinking of something else. Drawn to death looked like paper/pen and a shooter.
Drawn-to-Death_2.jpg

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand leaks and take part in them like everyone else here, but this thread is a perfect example of why revealing a game without it's proper context can negatively influence the reception of the game before it's even been properly revealed.

This could very well have been announced with having someone from NT discuss the history behind the project and maybe even teases for whats next from the other teams at NT, but instead this thread has become an echo chamber of people trying to blame whoever they can just because the game doesn't look like what they wanted from these devs, despite multiple posters providing more than enough information to let people know this was a game NT wanted to make and was in development far before MS came around.

Going further it just sucks that a place filled with people who claim to love games are so quick to shit on anything that doesn't fit what they want specifically. I'm sitting here in excitement because I honestly just love the look of what I've seen so far and it has got to be so demoralizing or even just plain hurtful for people at NT to see this reception around the web all based on a trailer that was shown off without any of the people who put time into working on it having a say. Anyway, I look forward to seeing those of us who have been waiting for something like this in the technical alpha, because I'm most certainly gonna try and get in.
Good post. This should be in that Jason S. thread also.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i don't envy a small dev trying a MP game in a post Fortnite world, even if they are now owned by MS.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Did I miss something? Are all these hot takes coming from this one leaked 1 minute trailer in the OP?
Yup. This thread of hot takes and trolls is why people will always complain about a bias with era. Wish this shit was moderated hard

If you click on the embarrassing comments post histories it's pretty obvious to see console bias in their motivations.

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know if I agree that the reveal being a leak contributes significantly to the way people respond. The behavior you've described is observable in every reveal thread ever. Ignorant speculation, criticism based on what the game is and isn't vs. player expectations and desires. It's just how people talk about video games on a forum and the devs/pubs providing perfect "context" for their reveals doesn't seem to prevent a wide array of divergent responses from being expressed.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
i don't envy a small dev trying a MP game in a post Fortnite world, even if they are now owned by MS.
But BE isn't anything like Fortnite? BE will be catering to a very different audience also NT is almost as big as Obsidian now (dev size) so I wouldn't really call them a small dev.
Yup. This thread of hot takes and trolls is why people will always complain about a bias with era. Wish this shit was moderated hard

If you click on the embarrassing comments post histories it's pretty obvious to see console bias in their motivations.
Lol. Very true.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017

This is what happens on era when Sony skips e3.

That and a massive thread on whether leaks are considered spoilers.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The shit takes about this being a MP so it must be a sell-out cash in are so fucking pathetic.

The visuals of the leak show a LOT of love, imo. There is a very, very strong sense of design here, that (imo) is a very strong indication that this is a project the devs are passionate about.

Of course, we need more info to make a call, but what we can see is very positive.

discotrigger

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, if Rahni Tucker is working on the combat design, we're in for a real treat with this one. Of course, I would prefer if she got the chance to head the project, herself. I mean, it's not difficult to imagine that the combat basically is the whole game, but we'll see. Now that Microsoft is releasing games on Steam (meaning I can play them with Steam Play on Linux), this has me legitimately pumped.

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
Hot takes? I mean, some people are genuinely disappointed about the type of game it is. Nothing wrong with that and don't even need more than a description to know the genre.
This reminds me of the reaction toon link got for Wind Waker or when people flipped over Retro making DKC. You can be disappointed but people are getting carried away. Some games aren't for you. I didn't want ND to keep making Uncharted or TLOU. But they are the creatives we can't force them to make what we want. At Least they are used to this thanks to people's over reaction to the excellent DMC.

Deleted member 22002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I wanted to write a sarcastic post, but fuck sarcasm. This is just depressing, expected but depressing.

It's extra sad because fake Overwatch will obviously bomb, I just hope the studio will survive this and be left to tackle new games they actually want to make.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017