• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Sad part is people are going to scream "See! MS just wants multiplayer!" when this is apparently a game ninja theory have wanted to do for a while

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Game looks like it's trying hard to appeal to my pre-teen nephews, they're proper xbros so it looks like a good fit.

Insta-turn off for me, that art style, multiplayer arena, downright offensive character are the exact opposite of anything I'd ever go anywhere near.

Kinda get the feeling it might well have been something roughed out or prototyped and shelved as it couldn't be sure to do well, but in NT's current form it's a very low risk gamepass punt at success.

I hope BenjiSales wasn't thinking of this when saying there will be megatons.
Simply cannot have been this.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is this thread foreshadowing as to what it's going to be like on Sunday? Cause it's pretty toxic, almost as if some haven't read some of the info we have found out in the past 30 mins.

OP can we add some of that like the 2014 start and other screen caps that have been in here from Twitter?

Yes, Sunday is a guaranteed shit show.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
What is that aesthetic? A ton of modern games have been copping that look for years now and I have no idea where it originated from. No other form of media is having such a huge surge of this vibrant punk look like games.
I'm wondering this too. It looks like someone puked a rainbow onto the screen. The overuse of purple is starting to get old. *looks at ERA*

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
"But but but Phil Spencer understands the importance of story-driven single player games otherwise he wouldn't have bought Ninja Theory!"

At least you're not trying to hide your tollness. Everything you post is anti-microsoft. How about staying in Sony threads

Do you do anything other than troll Xbox threads? Didn't you get a ban (or at least a warning) for doing what you are doing right now?

He's also defiant and won't take an L. He'll ignore the threads pointing out the obvious stupidify of his statement (game was in development before the aquisition) and/or disappear. Best to just ignore.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great. I love Overwatch, and its my favorite game this generation, so obviously liking the looks of this.

Hate to do this though, but peace out Resetera for the next two days. No more leaks.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. Because of Gamepass you will see alot of different kind of games. That the best thing about Gamepass.

Different kinds of games with GaaS elements. At least that's what I expect from the big-budget exclusives, looking at games like Forza pursuing seasons of changing content over time. Halo Infinite seems to be positioned as a growing platform for Halo (based on the cryptic info given so far). Extending the tail of games so that there's overlap to bridge the gap between the big releases, instead of buying in for a month and seeing everything the latest Halo has to offer.

I'm not calling it a bad thing either. People seem to like Ubisoft's approach to GaaS, for instance.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It would be nice to have some single player games come out of first party here and there.

I think you will get that but it's going to always be reconciled with their business model. I know a lot of people thought all these acquisitions were them going all out to take on Sony on the first party SP AAA front, but I always took it as a sign they are diversifying as when you are running a subscription service, you have to have a lot of diverse content that tries to reach a large swath of people, not all that unlike a Netflix or Hulu tries to do. This may not be for you (hell its not really my thing) but it may be someone else's thing, and something that keeps them subbed.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Eh, looks ok. Not really my cup of tea. Sucks about the leak though.

Hope the FROM game doesn't leak.

Rocket786

Oct 27, 2017
I wish MS would invest in new single player IPs with their recent acquisitions. It seems every exclusive game of theirs has to be multiplayer focused. There's still a huge market for single player games as Sony's exclusives show, and we could get some great ones if MS wasn't only focused on multiplayer. Maybe one of these days...

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I get that conferences are just a big ad for a mega corporation, but... I still would rather this stuff not get leaked out, especially this close.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
i'm not sure how meaningful the titbit that they started on this before the acquisition is

thing is: if they were angling to get acquired, they'd want to have a project in their pipeline that would be of interest to the company they were looking to be acquired by

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Shame this leaked, I'm going to wait until the conference to actually watch the trailer though.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Game is being completely shit on from a 1 minute trailer..maybe wait till they actually show it to decide it's crap?

Kunomori

Nov 1, 2017
Brah, again this was BEFORE MS bought them. Also M$, really?
It looks like a consumer survey based on the confidential stamp.

M$? Really?

Also this was something NT has been kicking around since 2014.
this game started development before microsoft bought them. how is that not obvious?
It's not like they threw this together since MS acquired them. They've been working on this game for years.

Makes sense. Thanks

Porter

Oct 1, 2018
User warned: inappropriate content
"Looks realy good "
Please, remember hellblade and now...

MOD EDIT: inappropriate gif (someone being sick) removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Game announcement leaks days before the reveal are the kinds I'm not fond of.

Nice this is coming to Game Pass being a Microsoft game now, as I might not have tried it otherwise.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
TBH I was expecting the game wouldn't interest me (melee, 4vs4, multiplayer), but it looks really cool. I'll keep an open mind about it, animations are also really nice. But god damn this thread is toxic, E3 is going to be awful huh?

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
The concern trolling and deliberate ignorance (ooooof ms forced them them to make a gaas) is totally unbearable.
Look forward to more salt on Monday morning.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I wish MS would invest in new single player IPs with their recent acquisitions. It seems every exclusive game of theirs has to be multiplayer focused. There's still a huge market for single player games as Sony's exclusives show, and we could get some great ones if MS wasn't only focused on multiplayer. Maybe one of these days...

THIS👏GAME👏HAS👏BEEN👏IN👏PLANNING👏/👏DEVELOPMENT👏SINCE👏2014👏WHICH👏IS👏FOUR👏YEARS👏BEFORE👏MICROSOFT👏BOUGHT👏NINJA👏THEORY👏

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
i'm not sure how meaningful the titbit that they started on this before the acquisition is

thing is: if they were angling to get acquired, they'd want to have a project in their pipeline that would be of interest to the company they were looking to be acquired by
Conspiracy theory aside, who the fuck would put all this worked in creating a game with the "hopes" of being acquired lol.