• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Whoever leaked this is a dick!!!!! With that said, the game gives me Overwatch vibes. As cool as it looks, I'm not interested in a multiplayer game without single player content. I dont play online much anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Because users here favor SP /Cinematic experiences, it's like genre tribalism.

I can't think of more than one 4v4 mp melee game. Everything else is guns.

Quick 5-10 minute matches against other players using ninja theory combat (which I already love) sounds like a fun game I can probably spend more hours in than a one and done linear SP game. Plus Gamepass 🤷🏼‍♂️

Lol it's doesn't have to be about "tribalism" at all. Some people just aren't hype about arena style MP games. Especially from a studio they probably expected more of a Single Player experience. It's literally that simple.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While I was hoping they'd make something with a little more... "game" to it this time, this isn't exactly what I had in mind. Doesn't sound like something that'll really play to NT's strengths, but we'll see how it pans out.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this is just so fucking gross. after you've worked on something for years you want to be in charge of how people are gonna see it for the first time and these leaks just rob the creators from that opportunity. shame on whoever leaked this.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Think this looks pretty cool. Cant wait to see real gameplay.

FamiliarOfficialArgentineruddyduck-size_restricted.gif

Looks super cool. These animations are top notch.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like something perfect for Game Pass/F2P, not something I'd run out a buy, but if it's there something I'd at least try.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like something from Gearbox, lol.

I expected something different from them.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love the emphasis on it being built by the same people who designed DmC. DmC2 should be their next project after that 💪.

This being a MP game it'll probably get incremental updates and such while they build their next single player project. Also, the video is not very good but I'm all for trying a melee focused MP game that's more over the top than For Honor. If anything, it looks much better than Anarchy Reigns so far.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Studio has several teams and has been working on this for a while, prior to being bought by Microsoft. Don't know how people can say MS is fucking another studio, and it's not like all new studio acquisitions will all be single player games either. Can't wait until people start saying Sunday's conference is one of the worst ever no matter what they show.

Don't you bring reason into this.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Not the direction I was hoping Ninja Theory would take. I'll keep an open mind but this is definitely disappointing.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
Yikes. Doenst look too good to me. Was expecting something single player from them. But hey.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Very cool character designs and animations, but there's something about that art style that I can't put my finger on. Like if Sunset Overdrive didnt manage to nail its aesthetic.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
I hate multiplayer games with a passion (won't even play poker) but I'm not mad. Hope it's cool and I'll at least read about fun mechanics/plays of the game.

As for the lawbreakers comparison, this is the ideal case to be making niche games, right? Other teams working on other stuff, owned by MS, so a failure won't entirely tank the company. Game pass gives larger potential player base, and MS will advertise it better too

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Can we not have leak details/spoilers in thread titles? It is so annoying.

"Ninja Theory's new game leaked (Details inside thread)" would have worked just as fine and I would've avoided

Salty Hippo

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Platform Warring
"But but but Phil Spencer understands the importance of story-driven single player games otherwise he wouldn't have bought Ninja Theory!"

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Lol it's doesn't have to be about "tribalism" at all. Some people just aren't hype about arena style MP games. Especially from a studio they probably expected more of a Single Player experience. It's literally that simple.
Is it as simple as a game being made since 2014 that would have ended up coming out multiplatform? It's not like Microsoft told them at gun point to make this, Phil Spencer been name dropping Hellblade for YEARS. The SP game will eventuall come. This game was probably their farthest along and looks great so this finished first.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Looks pretty cool.
DmC Dante would blend in pretty well in this game because of the art style imo.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Oi that looks sick! Definitely has me interested, we need more melee based pvp games. Character designs look nice too.

I did see some guns and shooting in there though?