• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018

A shame, I adored the game, but glad to see they aren't pulling the servers. I still jump in for a match every odd now and then, and probably logged 50 hours total. A shame to see it go. I hope the team get another project in Ninja Theory as the combat was incredibly fun, and I think they'd make a great hack and slash. I love Ninja Theory's new work and cannot wait for Mara and Hellblade 2, but I don't want to see them lose their lighter fun side either.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even know they supported the game after launch... what did they add into the game?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
It's the best thing they could do, they should focus on what they are good at.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Now make a SP melee game with Daemon.
Because i think the world lore and Daemon character with backstory is pretty cool.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
They tried but it didnt work out. Luckly it was only a small team and probably didnt cost much. Hope they keep trying these little side projects

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Didn't even know they supported the game after launch... what did they add into the game?

Two new characters:

Azrael_Marketing_Release_Shot_1200-699x699.png

mekko-render.png

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks but it was probably a good realization it was unsalvageable. Really not a bad game but just couldn't complete with other o line offerings.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately inevitable, and fair play to NT for supporting it at all. It always felt like one of those games where the fundamental idea just didnt really make sense, and perhaps that was because it had pivoted away from being a MOBA during development. What annoys me most is that there is a definite opening for a game quite like this. Hero based, team based, melee oriented is great. What doesn't work with Bleeding Edge is that they've chosen the wrong type of combat mechanics. Instead of going for something visceral and dynamic, they opted for MOBA/MMO style combat. Someone is going to get this right one day. I think God of War Ascension is the closest so far.

Last edited:

vypermajik

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
It stunk. It felt very poorly optimized on Xbox One X and in a game like this, ping and performance matter.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, as long as it stays online I'm okay with it. I still have it in my backlog, it's just been a year so I haven't had much time for games.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Smart move, no point in wasting limited work force if there aren't a lot of people playing.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
I remember playing it and dropping it after about 10 minutes, just didn't grab me at all

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ouch, that sucks. luckily tho, they can now afford to easily move on from a failed project like that and work on other stuff.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
I remember thinking when the first few trailers dropped for it that I've never come across a game before where literally not one of the characters had any appeal to me to want to play them.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I understand it was a passion project for them to do; but they really needed to read the room on this one (and it seems like they are by moving on).

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I know it was a passion project, but I don't know why Microsoft showed a little more of love for the game, don't know what they would gain launching such a bare bones games

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
such a talented team, glad they were able to create a project like BE and finally have all the funding and support they need. looking forward to all 3 future projects - Senua's Saga, Project Mara & The Insight Project

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
They should definitely take those characters and that world and make their own DmC2 or something.

Oct 29, 2017
I love hero shooter games like this (recently dived back into Paladins, still play Overwatch), but while there were things I liked, and I did play about 30 hours, it was always just too damn lopsided. Either your team was destroying the other team, or you were getting destroyed. RARELY felt like you ever had a "good game", win or lose.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
As they mentioned, considering they're working on three projects going forward and the game never caught on, I can't say I'm surprised -- except for them keeping the game online.