• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ITT: Everyone tripping over themselves in a desperate campaign to publicly announce how much they don't care.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
is this like rumspringa for twitch streamers. go out into the world and find out how scary streaming is out there, come back to the family and safety of twitch.

also yeah, lol at people making it clear how much they dont care.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Good for him I guess. Never watched him, but seems to have quite the following.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
The guy gets a lot of hate but dude must be rollin' in money... Keep hatin' I guess? lol

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
He's smart, After flirting with Youtube they must've thrown a shitload of $$ at him.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I used to hate him a lot more but he's been using his platform more recently to educate his young fans about important political issues. I don't mind him being successful. There are much worse people with much more money that deserve my hate and energy

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
popular =/= relevant
Some of these individual streamers get between 30,000 and 100,000 concurrent viewers in their daily streams. These are dream numbers for like ... the Winnipeg Jets in a regular season game. These people are entertainers and hold relevance.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
I have never understood the appeal of watching someone play games for hours, or ninja or fortnite.

But cool for those that do, I suppose. Is the guy funny or actually cool or is he just like a Kardashian of streaming or something?

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I have never understood the appeal of watching someone play games for hours, or ninja or fortnite.

But cool for those that do, I suppose. Is the guy funny or actually cool or is he just like a Kardashian of streaming or something?

As someone who watches a lot of Twitch, I guess its more of watching the person being entertaining. Though personally I've tried watching a Ninja stream in the past and found it a bit boring.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
At the ripe age of 34 years young, I wish I could understand the appeal of this dude.

I understand why girls love shipping random guys (fictional or not) together, I understand Kpop fans, I even kind of get Pewdiepie fans... But I'm absolutely lost when it comes to this topic.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Yesssssssssssssssssss

Its good to see the little guys getting compensated again. I was really worried bout him.

At the ripe age of 34 years young, I wish I could understand the appeal of this dude.

I understand why girls love shipping random guys (fictional or not) together, I understand Kpop fans, I even kind of get Pewdiepie fans... But I'm absolutely lost when it comes to this topic.
I think its like modern day Peewee Herman or Steve from Blues Clues. A lot of kids like him and they are the #1 viewers of internet video shit.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
Don't really care about streamers but it will definitely be cool when he starts streaming Halo Infinite. Full circle :)

Jonscrambler

Nov 13, 2017
Torrance,CA
I love threads like this just show how out of touch era is, nobody plays fortnite? The most played game in the world? Nobody watch streams? 150k people right now are watching people playing fortnite.

Venom.

Oct 26, 2017
London
Moving from Twitch to Mixer was literally the best decision in his life. The move raised his profile to a level way beyond what it was. He received a bounty of, perhaps, $30 million. And less than a year later he's back home! But now with the reputation as the most valuable streamer which will get him even more viewers.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
What a strange comment.
Strange in what way? He's a misogynist. He and wife have been dropped the N-Word on stream. He's toxic. He's not the type of person this forum should be giving a platform towards, but I've made peace that others don't see eye-to-eye with me on that.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I couldn't care less. Never watched him for more than 15 minutes and probably never will. Quite annoying personality to be honest.

Ah and a classic. NSFW

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Shroud coming back started off hot but his Valorant gameplay style was not what I was expecting. His streams were b o r i n g. It didn't help he was getting boosted hard in Val and could barely keep up with pubstars. shrouds weak return is going to leave ninja so much more opportunity to take those viewers and keep them for good. It really depends on if he's going to be playing Val the same way shroud was.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017

It's literally just Fortnite. Fortnite was blowing up and this dude was THE player and all the kids watched this dude. Now you really can't have one without the other. I imagine if Fortnite failed, or never even existed, Ninja would probably have to find a career doing something else. He's not very entertaining or engaging enough to attract an older or more mature audience.

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
It's literally just Fortnite. Fortnite was blowing up and this dude was THE player and all the kids watched this dude. Now you really can't have one without the other. I imagine if Fortnite failed, or never even existed, Ninja would probably have to find a career doing something else. He's not very entertaining or engaging enough to attract an older or more mature audience.

Wasn't he big in the Halo scene for a long time?