• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I love how this thread started as a discussion about Mixer vs. Twitch and had the potential to lead to a fruitful discussion about the need for real competition among online services for there to be any kind of advancement in quality of the service (Notice how little YouTube has improved over the years because of the lack of any competitor?), then it got derailed and started focusing on Ninja himself and "streaming is dumb".

Never change Era.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I love how this thread started as a discussion about Mixer vs. Twitch and had the potential to lead to a fruitful discussion about the need for real competition among online services for there to be any kind of advancement in quality of the service (Notice how little YouTube has improved over the years because of the lack of any competitor?), then it got derailed and started focusing on Ninja himself and "streaming is dumb".

Never change Era.

A lot of people have pointed out how much better Mixer is than Twitch. But since MS owns it, you know...

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Useless clips. "Don't nag, no one likes a nagger. Haha, that sounded weird". You gotta try harder brother.

I am no fan of Ninja, and I know he said it once in regards to a song, but all your clips and proof as of right now, is pure spin.

It's clear as day but whatever. Everyone makes the same "mistake" multiple times, I guess.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
Over 260k subs in less than 24 hours and he hasn't even begun streaming yet. My guess is he'll cap at about 500k subs by end of the month.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah.

Outside of those few insane months Ninja has settled down into the "popular streamer" range of subs. Little kids just don't pay to subscribe. He can average 50k viewers and was still only pulling in <25k subs the last few months. There are streamers with stronger fan bases that get higher viewer to sub ratios. Ninja has been on the decline. With all his television, merch, NYE, etc antics. He still doesn't pull the paid subs of Doc and Shroud and Timthetatman and others.

I bet MS got him cheap. Real cheap.

It's amazing how people post about this shit like they have any idea what they're talking about when they're so blatantly ignorant lol. Blows my mind.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
You can watch a videogame player for different reasons: speedrun,VS fighting,narrative story with reactions and thoughts etc
But you can stream others things. :)

I watch a lot of incredible musicians on Twitch.It's awesome :)

When Mixer was still called Beam I watched a couple of musicians streaming. I think I watched them a couple of hours per week. It's really relaxing and I thought talent like that deserved the views. Should do that more often again.

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
You don't even need to install it.
You can watch it directly through any web browser: https://mixer.com/ninja

right, but you make it seem like its not impressive cause theyre free. I mean shit, who else can get that many subs in this amount of time, free or not?

He clearly has some appeal to be able to get people to create an account on mixer. Which is the entire point.

The goal here is to create some buzz around mixer and him just like trading Gretzky to the LA kings was to create buzz for hockey in the US back in the day.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Mixer is a pretty cool platform and I like it a lot more than Twitch, but I don't visit it much since most of the heavy hitter streamers are on Twitch. Hopefully this will push more folks to Mixer.

whooter

Oct 27, 2017
DrLupo's Twitch stream is advertising an "annoucement at 10am Central"

I wonder what it might be...

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can see both sides on this. On one side he was paid to be exclusive to a certain platform meaning if you want to indulge in all of his ninjaness you will have to go to mixer and that's similar to how EGS is paying for games to be on their platform vs others. On the other hand Ninja was really only going to stream on twitch in the first place so places like mixer and youtube weren't going to get that content for the most part anyway. So now he's just going from one exclusive place to the other. With the games paying for exclusive games most of those games were going to be on multiple platforms and now they are only on one. At least for the time being.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Mixer is a pretty cool platform and I like it a lot more than Twitch, but I don't visit it much since most of the heavy hitter streamers are on Twitch. Hopefully this will push more folks to Mixer.
It's been slowly growing and honestly right now is the best time to start on the site on the sole fact that a lot of eyes will be on you now.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
this is wild. i've been watching view counts since yesterday and destiny had like 200 mixer views yesterday afternoon. now, it has like 3500 at 9:30am

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Just went on Mixer for the first time and saw that they have a Reggie emote. No wonder why Ninja moved.

reggie.png

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You don't even need to install it.
You can watch it directly through any web browser: https://mixer.com/ninja
There is 272k and a heart beside it: is that the people who already "subbed" his "channel"?
And wtf is going on with the chat? People just randomly post something there for what? You see a message for like two seconds and it's gone again.
Also I hope that Microsoft has enough bandwidth this time for the impact: the e3 conference didn't work for me via phone in Germany, had to use YouTube with bad image quality but at least it showed something.
Also also: Mixer did not work with the PS4 internal browser if anyone is curious.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I was just thinking. Remember when Ninja broke all kinds of records by having Drake stream with him? Which was also the first time that people like me (who don't follow streamers at all) ever heard of Ninja. What's the Mixer stunt going to be, along those lines? MS paying The Rock to come stream with Ninja? Who else is bigger than, or as big as Drake, that they could rope into helping Ninja break that Twitch record?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
in a year from now: "Ninja retires as streamer and doesn´t need to work for the rest of his life"

but i´ll be honest, i would do the same, he already has a shit ton of money, so he grabs what he can while he is "hot", his book will also sell a shitton.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
There is 272k and a heart beside it: is that the people who already "subbed" his "channel"?
And wtf is going on with the chat? People just randomly post something there for what? You see a message for like two seconds and it's gone again.
Also I hope that Microsoft has enough bandwidth this time for the impact: the e3 conference didn't work for me via phone in Germany, had to use YouTube with bad image quality but at least it showed something.
Also also: Mixer did not work with the PS4 internal browser if anyone is curious.

You've never seen a Twitch (or Mixer for that matter) chat of a popular streamer before? :P

The hearts are the followers. We can't really see how many subs he's got. But it was 100k yesterday.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Let's hope Ninja will use his new platform for positive change, like vocally denouncing sexism, homophobia, transphobia, racism, toxic masculinity, the alt-right etc etc. and heavily moderating/rebuking such views expressed by his audience in chat.

That's the least a cis white male with his reach should be doing.

He refuses to stream with women because he doesn't want to be accused of cheating on his wife.

Deleted member 50454

Banned
Dec 5, 2018

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I know, which is why...

You should use this opportunity to watch a streamer who is actually interesting, has a personality and isn't a millionaire corporate shill with hundreds of thousands of fans without the backbone to be outspoken about social issues.

As disappointing as it is that someone with such reach isn't gonna try to rock the boat, at least Ninja hopefully won't act like his YouTube equivalent.

Nov 30, 2017
User Warned: inflammatory accusations of paid corporate shilling
Comment wasnt meant to sound derogatory so changed it anyway.

Corporations throw money around in different ways to achieve marketshare. They buy exclusive rights, etc..

This was new to me, hearing MS paid a popular streamer to come to their platform.

Last edited:

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, this is crazy! I thought maybe a few million, like 5 or so, but holy crap at around 50 million!

Could end up being a smart bet though. Already a lot more traffic and discussion on the topic of Mixer.