• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
xqc is the new face of twitch, the scuffed era has arrived

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
mixer is MS' streaming platform?
7 figures contract should be minimum if he has any business sense

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
You watch Ice Poseidon?

No. I just saw he posted he's gonna try it out (when i was searching mixer on twitter) so I thought it should be interesting to see how mixer mods manage. I went into it knowing there was some bad shit around him even though I do not remember what any of it was.

He isn't anybody I have watched before or intend to watch after.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
How's Mixer's emote game? I'm guessing :kappa: isn't on that platform. I think even with whatever lump sum Microsoft gave him to move over, it isn't the best career move but I'm not an expert on stonks.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
How's Mixer's emote game? I'm guessing :kappa: isn't on that platform. I think even with whatever lump sum Microsoft gave him to move over, it isn't the best career move but I'm not an expert on stonks.

The emote game is weak but can be built up

They have the same concept of streamer emotes, though. But the base ones aren't great.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He'll either fade into utter obscurity. Or a very small chance mixer gets a big bump because of him.

Either way good coming funeral for Ninja. Getting out with a bundle of cash.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I'm totally out of the loop with streaming. How accessible is Mixer? Apps?

It seems like Twitch has plenty of streamers, so just one - even Ninja - won't hurt too much. However, this feels super risky for Ninja. How much of his audience will move to Mixer? How many will stay?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
They have Phil Spencer and Reggie Fils-Aime emotes, so that's something right?
389.gif

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I'm totally out of the loop with streaming. How accessible is Mixer? Apps?

It seems like Twitch has plenty of streamers, so just one - even Ninja - won't hurt too much. However, this feels super risky for Ninja. How much of his audience will move to Mixer? How many will stay?

If you're on Windows 10 or an Xbox, it's much more accessible to stream to Mixer. Xbox has the broadcast button on the menu, and the Game Bar in windows can broadcast with a single button press. No requirement for an external program to messing with stream keys to stream to it.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
He'll either fade into utter obscurity. Or a very small chance mixer gets a big bump because of him.

Either way good coming funeral for Ninja. Getting out with a bundle of cash.

He's much bigger than Twitch or any platform he streams on.

Also Mixer is the #1 app on the App Store and he has nearly 200k subs already. He's gonna be okay

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
i don't understand. It's the same situation with Mixr now, why isn't that anti consumer too?
Twitch Partnership agreements really aren't anticonsumer as users aren't required to Partner with Twitch to stream on it.
Simple. Mixer is opening up monetization to all users, so you don't have to be under contract to not only stream but even to MAKE MONEY on the platform. Plus, Mixer doesn't have ads (yet, but it's already been 2 years).

I think the bigger truth is that Microsoft is probably giving Ninja more freedom to take breaks and not get punished for it. He doesn't have to constantly be on the grind to stay #1 and relevant, and I think this is a good way for him to take a step back, maintain and interact with an audience, and still have time to spend with his family. It's clear the life was grinding him down, and HONESTLY, I'm not sure Mixer needs Ninja to maintain a huge audience that brings millions of viewers every day or something. They just need Mixer to be in the consciousness. That's already being accomplished, and MS can strategically spend to make the platform viable without depending SOLELY on the big names. The point is to build the native community, not kill it.

And hopefully, Mixer's community stays less toxic and tighter knit than Twitch tends to be. That would be a win, even if the numbers stay smaller.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ninja leaves twitter just opens up the spot for BUGHA to grow and take over it's already started.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
i figure if it's a case of, he's already rich beyond his dreams, he knows the bell curve is only going one way as it inevitably does for popular streamers and youtubers so he did a calculation this was the best way for him to extract revenue out of the remainder of his career, while winding it down.

for mixer itself i haven't paid much attention if it appears to be growing or not. i feel like a lot of twitch streamers like the idea of mixer around, just so they're not 100% at twitch's bureaucratic whims though. But just the idea. They dont actually seriously consider it.

Freed Games

Oct 29, 2017
Austria
I am completely out of the loop in regards to the streaming community (I do know who Ninja is though), but am I the only one that never heard of Mixer before?

Last edited:

Iadien

Oct 25, 2017
The rumor is that Ninja turned down Twitch's offer of $15m+ for 3 years. Also, another fairly large streamer Cohh Carnage supposedly mentioned turning down a 7 figure offer from Mixer.

I dunno. Mixer has that Ice Possiden (or whatever) asshole there.

He signed up a couple of years ago, but it looks like he just streamed tonight for the first time on Mixer, as he doesn't even have a sub button.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
So a new free marketing stream for MS then. I'm guessing they'll push the new Halo big time in this way. I'm guessing this is part of their new strategy to push first party software.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
This is great news.

Hopefully Ninja being on the platform will boost other streamers on the service too. There are some genuine good people that regularly stream on there that I hope benefit from this.

Also, hypezone is a load of fun. Watching kids suddenly go from 1 viewer to 300+ viewers when they're in the final part of the game is hilarious to watch. They often choke.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
30 page thread on a guy who switched streaming websites, Ninja did so much for twitch and bringing in a lot of new viewers, dude was regarded often as the best fortnite player which drew up the crowd