• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Mixer has no delay so that makes it a million times better than Twitch for me.

If you are playing on Xbox, you can even share the controller.

Plus 4K streaming...
Neither does Twitch, at least noticeable anyway, people can just manually set one to avoid stream snipers, most of them don't put a delay on though.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I'm seeing some higher numbers across different streamers for different games on Mixer. This is pretty much what MS was hoping to do I think.
It was never about ninja going to mixer perse. The buzz around the news and making known that mixer is a thing to the public is the bigger achievement.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 50454

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Didnt know he did a press release

My roots as a gamer started with Halo, so working with Microsoft and coming over to Mixer felt like a natural next step. Capturing all the great moments in gaming and sharing in the wins (and losses) with a positive, community-focused environment that we can all be proud of – that's why I'm here.

Can it be positive, community-focused environment if he won't play with women?

Reeks of toxic-masculinity to me.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Can it be positive, community-focused environment if he won't play with women?

Reeks of toxic-masculinity to me.
giphy.gif

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
User Warned: Off-Topic Trolling
I don't really watch Twitch or Mixer (outside of E3) but hopefully this is successful and turns Mixer into a more viable alternative.

Those against Epic moneyhatting game devs seem to be missing from the convo so far. Maybe streaming platforms have less fanboys than PC game buying platforms?

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't surprise me that his fans think this isn't a problem.
And your knowledge of him probably doesn't extend the threads on this forum.
He clarified on this topic multiple times. He is no saint but he has done a lot of good things, donated shit ton of money and raised even more.
Hosted and boosted lots of smaller streamers (male and female btw).

Again not saying he is perfect, but parroting these things while there are far worse people still celebrated on here is mind blowing.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
I don't really watch Twitch or Mixer (outside of E3) but hopefully this is successful and turns Mixer into a more viable alternative.

Those against Epic moneyhatting game devs seem to be missing from the convo so far. Maybe streaming platforms have less fanboys than PC game buying platforms?
Twitch does the same, you can't broadcast elsewhere.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait.
What?
Does MS own Mixer?
.. and did they just buy exclusivity for a Youtuber?

Waiting on timed exclusives on Youtubers to see how low we can go.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It's been a long time since Ninja had to worry about his streaming/subscriber numbers significantly affecting his livelihood like a lot of streamers. The dude is on Red Bull cans.
It was definitely affecting him for a time. He eventually just said fuck it and took a break, his viewership and subscriptions never really recovered though, Twitch is brutal in that regard.

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't going to do anything for Mixer. Plenty of deals like these happened for Twitch alternatives back when League streams were pulling the biggest numbers around.

It didn't do anything.

Oct 27, 2017

Don't start it, don't mention it, don't derail the entire thread. If you want to have your "discussion" about exclusive streamers, make a new thread.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wait.
What?
Does MS own Mixer?

Yes they own Mixer.

Most streaming platforms only allow you to stream on one platform if you are partnered so Ninja streaming on Mixer is no different than when he streamed on Twitch.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wait.
What?
Does MS own Mixer?

These sites have always forced people to lock in to them exclusively. Otherwise every twitch streamer would mirror and be live on youtube at the same time, this has always happened. He had to break an exclusivity already set with twitch for this to happen.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of people who have no clue what Twitch, Mixer or even youtube lol is or how all of this works is to damn high.
And then trying to make a thing out of something also, like a "good Samaritan"

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
Even if he is the most famous person of Twitch, I think is not a big deal, is it? I think thit guy was starting to be more irrelevant in the platform, cause now with the Prime's subs the channels with more subs vary a lot (Shroud reached the top when the Apex momentum).

Anyway I hope it boosts Halo MCC sales, Infinite is too far unfortunately.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Well, might as well pay this guy to shrill your games on your own streaming service if the price is right. Whether or not people stick with him or move on to the next big streamer is yet to be seen.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even if he is the most famous person of Twitch, I think is not a big deal, is it? I think thit guy was starting to be more irrelevant in the platform, cause now with the Prime's subs the channels with more subs vary a lot (Shroud reached the top when the Apex momentum).

Anyway I hope it boosts Halo MCC sales, Infinite is too far unfortunately.
It probably won't boost as much as if they just did a sponsored stream on Twitch. Mixer is heavily confined to the xbox ecosystem. This is a move to try to help branch out of it.

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
People realize that Amazon has been signing exclusive streamers for awhile. Just look at the terms for the affiliate program and partnership program they have. The affiliate requirements were so low that it became very easy to lock in exclusive content to their platform. This Ninja deal is just an exclusive thing that MS will be doing into the future. According to that streamer above, they are talking to different people and organizations.

Mixer has been locking up streamers for a while now, this is just more high profile than their usual exclusivity deals where they lure established streamers from Twitch.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
It's ridiculous in that if you sign with them and you get banned for some reason you still can't stream anywhere else, so that career option will basically be dead.

That's still not ridiculous, especially when these bans feel like paid vacations to streamers. Every time a streamer returns from a ban, their viewer numbers increase exponentially, so it's not even close to career ending.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just saw his face on my Xbox dashboard and was genuinely like "wtf". I do wonder if he alone can save Mixer, I'm not convinced but we'll see

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If exclusivity is required for Twitch partners, then how do Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, etc. stream on multiple platforms at once?