• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Let me get this straight:
Streaming gamers: Amazon vs Microsoft vs Google
Streaming games : Google vs Microsoft bs Playstation
Buying games : Google vs Microsoft vs Sony vs Steam vs EGS

The future sucks
TBH I'd much rather have competition than not

Twitch's ridiculously lax moderation sucks ass and Mixer is much better about that stuff

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
How does that work for people who have bought months and years of subs on twitch to him? Refund?

They aren't owed shit? Why would they be?

edit: I guess if you mean people who bought a year of subs a head of time, ya they should. Though the thought of subscribing months in advance seems really weird to me. No point.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
whoa, thats gotta be pretty huge yeah? i say this is every ninja thread, i dont care much for the guy but hes definitely making moves. best of luck to the guy.

Oct 27, 2017
Twitch will be fine. Someone else will just take his spot. Not really hard.

What happens to his subs though? People who bought 12 month subs. He's screwed them out.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MS fans? What is wrong you?
I don't mean to throw fanboy accusations but what is in both of NInja's videos that proves I'm "dead wrong". I honestly don't care but it would help a lot to read between the lines here. He didn't do this on his own and it makes zero buisness sense to switch to Mixer full time. That first video is an advertisement and there should be no arguing against that. Only a fraction of his audience are going to use it. The rest won't care or watch someone else. So the only option there is that he is paid by Microsoft. Nothing wrong with that but we shouldn't frame this as a "win" situation because it's an advertisement.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
$$$$$$$$$.

I've heard stories that he's basically already loosing subs/viewers on twitch due to new faces on the rise like TFUE and now the Fortnite World Cup winner Bugha which he may take over in the next few months.

Honestly this is a smart move for him.

Yea, if he negotiated his 'buyout' value months ago (this has probably been long in the making), he probably got more than he's currently worth. His sub count is outside the top 10 now, and he has a higher than most % of prime subs, the vast majority of his subs don't pay to sub.

Still a big grab for Mixer, but it was probably an overpay (knowing nothing about the actual terms, this is all me guessing obviously), and Twitch needs competition, so this is good. I could see a couple other big names headed there too, and definitley more smaller / middle names, getting 'Ninja' isn't gonna make them a twitch fighter alone.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
LOL

uUB3D2S.png

Also to put things into the perspective he had almost 15M followers on Twitch.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I would not be surprised if Ninja was involved in streaming the gameplay reveal of Halo Infinite.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Huge win for Ninja either way. If his audience follows, life continues for him as normal. If not, he can fade out and retire on whatever massive amount of cash he just got to do this.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm guessing his viewership goes down a lot.

edit: That doesn't mean he'll make less money though.

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Yeah definitely. I've noticed Tfue gets more viewers than Ninja on tournaments already so this is definitely a good move for Ninja.

Having more subs is great (and more money) but i'm pretty sure Ninja is well beyond that point. I'm convinced he probably makes 2/3x more than those guys with just sponsorships alone. His subscribers are just icing on the cake.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
MS are now the epic games store of streaming. /s
Honestly this is a pretty dumb move imo. I dont think it will help MS nearly as much as they paid for ninja for this

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Which is really anti consumer, so I welcome this move. Mixer is way better quality wise, and viewers can engage with their streamers in game, in real time. So much opportunities.

This is an exiting time, now lets see how it plays out.

i don't understand. It's the same situation with Mixr now, why isn't that anti consumer too?

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Ninja was a HUGE Halo player. I'd imagine this also opens them up to marketing with him and the new Halo years down the road. Pretty big deal for MS aside from just his streaming.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mean to throw fanboy accusations but what is in both of NInja's videos that proves I'm "dead wrong". I honestly don't care but it would help a lot to read between the lines here. He didn't do this on his own and it makes zero buisness sense to switch to Mixer full time. Only a fraction of his audience are going to use it. The rest won't care or watch someone else.

Of course he was paid to move to Mixer, Twitch forces streamer to stream exclusively on Twitch, MS offered a big sum and he moved to Mixer.
Ninja started as an Halo player, MS knows this and they are trying to push the game and Mixer with Ninja.

There is no read between the lines, he signed a contract and that's it.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We're money hatting streamers now? There must be statistics showing that these streamers do move copies because holy crap.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
twitch kinda getting a taste of their own medicine from years ago, a few streamers i used to watch when JTV was the thing said they were pretty much bribed with special treatment to ditch ustream and go to them instead

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
MS should've paid for the top three streamers or something cos kids aren't going to follow just him over..

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
MS laying the ground work for next gen and its online gaming/streaming community. Halo Infinite will be huge. I believe this is just one of many announcements to come. :)

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Waste of money or wise investment?

We won't find out until the future I guess. Microsoft has already invested tons in Mixer, and it's a great platform, better than Twitch I would say. But Twitch just has such a grip on the industry, that moves like this are necessary. Microsoft needs more content/streamers on Mixer.

So could it end up being a waste of money? Yea. Right now is it a good investment? I'd say with the money in Microsoft's bank it's a move they should definitely make.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Which is really anti consumer, so I welcome this move. Mixer is way better quality wise, and viewers can engage with their streamers in game, in real time. So much opportunities.

This is an exiting time, now lets see how it plays out.
'Twitch exclusivity is anti consumer, Microsoft buying out a streamer to stream on their platform exclusively is ok though'

???

kaftan

Oct 27, 2017
Ninja is big player, but I think people overestimate his reach, he's only 11th biggest Twitch star in terms of subs (even when there was this big tournament recently he was like 3rd biggest Fortnite streamer). Anyways I welcome this news. Competition is good. I hope Mixer will sign deals with couple more names in top10 and some smaller channels. Even then they'll be fighting pretty steep uphill battle. Depending on what game they stream, viewers number for one streamer can even sway between 15-50K, suggesting to me that people seek content not specific creators - and they're trained to log onto Twitch for this kind of entertainment. Haven't watched anything in few months, but personally whenever I tuned into Mixer, I found the service pretty buggy and had to refresh the page pretty often and it's been like that for a long time - hoping they'll do something about that.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just a reminder that exclusive streaming deals can suck, no matter how good or popular you are: