• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I hope once the two months are up the 1 million stay and be gains another million just to see the reactions.
Realistically that's not going to happen. He'll probably have around the same subscriber count as he did on Twitch, so around 10-15k or so. Potentially less seeing how you cannot use Amazon Prime for free subscriptions on Mixer.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Getting people into the Mixer app and website is a good thing.
The salt and downplaying is glorious.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Realistically that's not going to happen. He'll probably have around the same subscriber count as he did on Twitch, so around 10-15k or so. Potentially less seeing how you cannot use Amazon Prime for free subscriptions on Mixer.
You just keep going and going, it's incredible.

Getting people into the Mixer app and website is a good thing.
The salt and downplaying is glorious.

Yup, much easier to be half glass it seems.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What, with facts? Do you think different? I'd be interested to see that logic.
You're not providing facts, just guess work. We have no idea what the retention will be. You're worse than Michael Pachter.

What we do know for a fact is Mixer is getting some much needed attention and it is far too early to say if the deal was worth it or not.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
You're not providing facts, just guess work. We have no idea what the retention will be. You're worse than Michael Pachter.

What we do know for a fact is Mixer is getting some much needed attention and it is far too early to say if the deal was worth it or not.
I'd honestly be shocked if he retains over 20k paying subscribers when he averages around 30-35k viewers per stream.

We probably won't know the number once those free subs lapse anyway, unless Ninja discloses that.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
"I haven't felt this good in a long time"

By long time he means last week when they paid him a reported 50 million, right?

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, not to rain on any parades, but free subs doesn't really mean anything. I grabbed one just for the fun of it and I'll probably never visit Mixer again.
But a Ninja fan wouldn't say that so you aren't saying anything relevant. What matters if they think he's worth sticking around for and to a lesser degree how good other streamers are on Mixer will impact how much they go back and forth with Twitch.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Again, nothing matters here until the month after those free subs expire and people have to re-up.

We'll see how that goes, as free subs from Amazon Prime were a big deal on Twitch.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I'm curious how the numbers will be 6-12-24 months from now but the fact 1 million people were interested enough to sign up and get that free month still says a lot.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are subs on mixer the equivalent of followers on twitch?

Edit... guess not.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pointless Metric at this point. In a Month or two would be the time to make a thread like this. Microsoft is handing out free subscriptions right now.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Unless it's bugged, people subbing are out pacing the people following (what will be the free option). Follow count is almost at 805k.

Annoyinmous

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
He had like what? 15k PAID subs on Twitch last month? This is gonna be super interesting once the free promotion runs out. Is it for a month or 2?

Edit: Oh dear people are expecting those free subs to be converted to paid subs? >_>

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what he had prior to him leaving for Mixer, but he did have a peak of 269k paying subscribers at the height of his popularity.

Actually most of those were free also which people fail to point out.

When he hit his peak of 269k they were giving out free fortnite items to twitch prime users and amazon prime was doing a 1 month free trial. Twitch saw a surge of subs in that 30 day window. Shroud made an entire video about this.

It just seems like people fail to remember this.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

When he hit his peak of 269k they were giving out free fortnite items to twitch prime users and amazon prime was doing a 1 month free trial. Twitch saw a surge of subs in that 30 day window. Shroud made an entire video about this.

Still far more involved with Twitch Prime. You need a credit card to even trial Amazon Prime.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
FicklePastelBassethound-size_restricted.gif

look at my wad

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exclusives work.

We live in a brave new world. I can only guess this won't be the last streamer and possibly branching to events exclusivities (EVO, LoL, etc...)

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He has over 800k followers, second on the website and will probably be #1 very soon. Just shows how much more growth there is for Mixer.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

He did hold around 200k for like 2-3 months. But Prime Trial accounts were rampant too, as people where selling accounts with the skins and stuff. I think after the skins went, he stabilized at around 100k for awhile. But the majority of his subs have always been through the free Prime sub, though that's true for everyone I think.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be more curious after the two month free sub and see where the numbers are then

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Again, nothing matters here until the month after those free subs expire and people have to re-up.

We'll see how that goes, as free subs from Amazon Prime were a big deal on Twitch.

Depends what you mean. Obviously the 1 million subscriber number isn't at all indicative of the amount of people who will pay for a sub or continue watching.

It does mean that they've managed to get at least 1 million people to show enough interest to go to mixer and activate the free sub. At the very least MS has managed to get a lot more attention on mixer with this move.

I'm skeptical that this will have much of a long term impact but it'll be fun to watch. It'll also be interesting to see how this affects ninjas popularity as well.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That's 1 million people that Microsoft got to move in what a couple days? The exposure this will do for Halo and Mixer alone shouldn't be downplayed. The fact people were talking about mixer being dead just a couple weeks ago also shouldn't be downplayed

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I feel kinda good about Microsoft seemingly making a sound choice here.

I hope the fans are happy and the Mixer platform grows to be legit (actual moderation or TOS enforcement would be a world of difference in my eyes). It seems fine from the few times I've dabbled via my Xbox.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I wouldn't call it pointless, that's a lot of people. Only MS knows what their download, sub retention / whatever goals are. And beyond Ninja they are surely closely watching overall traffic increase / retention. It's a long term move with a lot of short term data they'll be analyzing.

Follower count is public, Sub count isn't.
Ah gotcha.