• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Very impressive.

Guess month 3 subs will be the big news along with how many viewers he gets when he is live.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There's a bunch of people who honestly believe 99% of the subs are going to be gone when it's not free anymore

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Regardless of what? The part where they're free makes it easier to sub, not harder. It takes more effort to

1) Go to mixer.com in a browser
or
2) Create an account

The more impressive, actually relevant numbers in a vacuum would be how many new accounts were created in the wake of this
What's Impresive is the uptick in mixer usage. He has 5 million views in 5 days. 1 million subs(free) in 5 days. Other streamers are having a serious uptick in viewers.
Obviously yes it would be nice to know how many new accounts have been created. But we already know that's happening.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
I went to Mixer to check it out after the Ninja move news, I don't know how to put it but their UI / layout is even worse than Twitch's....

I will leave a stream on for an extended period of time though and see if it just halts completely out of the blue like Twitch after an hour or so, if it's more stable I might sign up.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Yes because he stopped streaming so his subs fell. If he's actively streaming it shouldn't fall off as drastically
He was actively streaming actually, he took a break early this year, when he was around 30-40k. Him holding 10k paid would be insane for Mixer. The current total is 4x his peak on Twitch, it's not even close to sustainable.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Impressive numbers for such a small time.
Looks like finally MS got an exclusive to bring people to one of their plataforms this gen !

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I don't understand the love for streamers personally. I watch streams to check out games I'm interested in, or see how people who are good at them do so well, but that's it.
I did check out Ninja's stream on Mixer for a few minutes, and I saw a lot of "you're a god" "I love you" and "be my boyfriend/marry me" type stuff. I don't get it.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Don't Xbox One users simply click on his name and press the sub button. It's not like you have to go an extra step by creating an account.

You already have one as an Xbox user.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I just checked and you don't need any payment details associated with your Microsoft account to subscribe, and the subscriptions aren't set to auto renew when you subscribe either.
Oh, I didn't even know no payment details were required. I wonder how many people have subbed thinking it's the equivalent of a Twitch follow.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
He was hovering at about 20,000 subs for the last few months. He just needs 2% of those people to pay to match his last sub count.
plus, you know, $50m.
Although wouldn't be surprised if MS keeps subscription money for a while as part of the deal

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the love for streamers personally. I watch streams to check out games I'm interested in, or see how people who are good at them do so well, but that's it.
I did check out Ninja's stream on Mixer for a few minutes, and I saw a lot of "you're a god" "I love you" and "be my boyfriend/marry me" type stuff. I don't get it.

Some people would say the same about watching other sports.

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is waiting to become e-famous, starting a mixer account now is probably your best chance to ride the Ninja wave to streaming fame.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't Xbox One users simply click on his name and press the sub button. It's not like you have to go an extra step by creating an account.

You already have one as an Xbox user.
I dont understand what angle your trying to highlight, MS account is a single one, so what?

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
The downplay reminds me of the gamepass trials.
Eitger way, good for him.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
People who are dismissing this because it's free are completely missing the point.

These people still had to log into Mixer and activate the free sub. Microsoft just had one million people potentially use Mixer for the first time.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
From what I just searched, he is getting over 50 million to stream on Mixer. How long is this contract for? Seems like the money is too easy to pass up.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Good for Mixer I guess? It sounds like their investment has paid off in the short term at least.

I'm interested to see how Ninja's subs compare to his peak when he was at Twitch say, six months from now.

Is anyone out there hoping this will force Twitch to make improvements to keep pace?

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I hope once the two months are up the 1 million stay and be gains another million just to see the reactions.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Then you're not an "active sub". The tweet is about active subs.

An active sub is a sub that is active... it has nothing to do with views.

I am more inclined to believe subs that actually care about his content are more in line with his followers which is around 800k which is still no small feat.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
The downplaying and massive salt here is really sad, but not surprising considering who is posting it. This is pretty crazy news and only going to get bigger as Ninja returns to his Halo roots for Infinite.