• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ex Lion Tamer

Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly mediocre graphic design. Wonder how much they paid for that lol they got robbed. Unless they were helping out a friend which could be the case.

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Not terrible but his old branding was definitely a lot better, but I skew towards bolder font and graphics.

wp5030687.jpg

This seems immensely better.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
Incredibly mediocre graphic design. Wonder how much they paid for that lol they got robbed. Unless they were helping out a friend which could be the case.

Even the best graphic designers are left to the whims of the people paying them.

Whoever created this probably had better ideas for the redesign but at the end of the day, the decisions lie with the person that is paying.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
My eye first processed it as "NinJOI" and I was, uhhhh, not sure why a kink had ended up in his username

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this looks like a crappy design i would have done when i started using photoshop and experimenting with different fonts.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The merch isn't too bad I guess.

Team Ninja

Shop Team Ninja by Tyler Blevins for exclusive access to Team Ninja Merchandise.

And this is why the branding works.

Looks solid on merch and you can bet Ninja makes absolutely shitloads on his merch.

Looks less gamer cringe on shirts than his old fake katakana esque thing anyway

His audience is clearly getting older and he's changing up his brand to keep up with that.

65k9e6a.png

Last edited:

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019

1500x500

Hair part is decent, the lettering? Ugh. Why is the I and J bold?

The merch isn't too bad I guess.

Team Ninja

Shop Team Ninja by Tyler Blevins for exclusive access to Team Ninja Merchandise.

god it really is ugly, like, unusually ugly.

Maybe that's the point. I mean the fact that it got us all talking about it.. so maybe its working?

edit: also looking at the merch, I guess it works…. I still hate it lol

Ex Lion Tamer

Oct 25, 2017
Even the best graphic designers are left to the whims of the people paying them.

Whoever created this probably had better ideas for the redesign but at the end of the day, the decisions lie with the person that is paying.

Very true. My partner is in graphic design and the clients are always making the wrong choices.

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Not terrible but his old branding was definitely a lot better, but I skew towards bolder font and graphics.

wp5030687.jpg

The thin font and lines just don't do it for me, but it stands out since there had been a lot of streamers who had been adopting the previous style that he was using.
His old branding was so good. I've never watched his streams but the graphic package he had around 2 years ago was incredibly clean and solid.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The font is terrible. Logo is whatever. Actually the old logo is way better.

wp5030687.jpg

The thin font and lines just don't do it for me, but it stands out since there had been a lot of streamers who had been adopting the previous style that he was using.
League much better than the new logo.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was about Team Ninja, we making threads about streamer logos now? Must be a slow day on ERA

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
MS paint level, imagine how much money went into this

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Tangential I suppose, but it will never stop being ridiculous to me that this guy's brand is "ninja". Like his twitter handle is just Ninja.

Did he pay to get that? How was there nobody else who had that before?

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Big ones do, it's part of their brand. But a logo change isn't gonna make people suddenly say "nope, not gonna watch them anymore".
Yeah, wasn't thinking of the idea of big streamers having branding like that. I've probably seen the old logo but never paid attention to it.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Graphics designer: "Ok Ninja, it all comes down to these two fonts, I think we should go for this one."

Ninja: "I don't know, can't we have a mix of both?"

Graphics designer: "Well...'"

Ninja: "Who's in charge here?!"

Graphics designer: "Ok, ok..."

Graphic designer should've said do you feel in charge

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
For the people asking why there is a thread for this. I think the answer is because Ninja is a little shit and his new logo is awful, which gives us a reason to get a kick in. I'm always happy to dunk on a self-centered millionaire. I'm happy his new logo is incredibly stupid. It looks like utter garbage.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Not gonna lie, that thread title had me thinking swastika, so pleasantly surprised. Logo still looks pretty not great though.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I am in the middle of carrying a league of legends game about to close it out, and my bra-less graphic designer brings me a logo (not asked for) with new font as I get a double kill bot lane.

So how is your day going?