• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
NGS2 needs the gore to comeback, as morbid as that sounds, the whispey purple mist aesthetic wasn't nearly as satisfying.

The gore helped with the gameplay because it's a much better hit indicator, even if it was over the top.

As much as I would prefer II over Sigma II, it's worth a revisit.

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
Sigma 2 also removed Projectile ultimate techniques, and removed the windmill and explosive shurikens from Ryu's arsenal. (The explosives were given to Ayane)
They did add the Emma's Fang though which was neat.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the info.

Only Ninja Gaiden games I've played were the originals on NES but none of the 3D / reboot ones - still excited lol
You're in for some fun. Just like the NES Ninja Gaiden 3 is the worst, 3D NG3 is the worst. Knowing that before you go in should smooth out your expectations lol.

But Razor's Edge has a co-op mode which is pretty fun, and should be better now that it's on more platforms.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Sigma 2:
-blood replaced by purple mist
-reduced number of enemies to a point some levels feel empty
-new characters which should be a plus but their movelists are half baked so after 5 mins you've seen everything they have to offer
-some sections were entirely removed instead of fixed because people complained about them
-enemy addition that were pretty bad

All in all it does nothing to improve vanilla version and removes from it. Thatss why it's considered a lesser version

Sigma 1 is less offensive as it is closer to Black but again with useless addition like the Rachel sections. She plays awful. Dual katana is nice though

thanks for that.
I am not a hardcore fan of the series so when i played Sigma it seemed mostly...fine?

i did play Vanilla NG2 on GP so i didnt notice too many differences that hampered my enjoyment.

vhm74

Oct 30, 2017
I'm in for a PS4 version as long as it has rock solid 60 fps. Got Sigma 1 & 2 on PS3 and loved them, finally I will get to play Razor's Edge.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
The other big drawback here is that NG3RE 360 BC will never receive enhancements now which basically detroys my dream of having separate enhanced versions.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sigma 2:

-some sections were entirely removed instead of fixed because people complained about them

You're citing this like it's a bad thing.
Furthermore, not giving credit where it's due.

Tengu Bro's were a legit good boss addition
Removal of unnecessary key-hunts.
Overall improvement to the graphics.
Overall improvement to performance stability (until modern gen BC updates)

The 3 new characters are single level characters and their movesets are generally equivalent to the time you spend with them. whole, they have 1 weapon. OFC ryu has more options because he has like 5-6 weapons and is like 95% of the game.

If a player ONLY played sigma 2, they'd never have the same comparison and contrast as you're making. It would be a perfectly good action game.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it's the Vita version they go with for Sigma 2 since that port brought the blood back.

Teddie28

Nov 2, 2017
So does sigma still have de-limbing? But with mist instead of blood? Seems like way too big of a gameplay component to remove

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
The painful part is not having it on more platforms. :P

If I had an Xbox One X, I wouldn't care about any of this. And as much as I'd love to play Ninja Gaiden Black at 4K60, I don't want it enough to buy a console.

Okay, I was about to add 'it may not be a new release but at least it's not sigma', but I see what you're saying now.

NG Black on PC would make the world a better place.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
The other big drawback here is that NG3RE 360 BC will never receive enhancements now which basically detroys my dream of having separate enhanced versions.
I guess that kinda sucks?
Could be like the Hitman HD collection though (the newer one with Absolution and Blood Money) and those two games are separate items in your library, at least.

I guess it would suck if the original Ninja Gaiden 3 RE didn't get enhanced, but I mean, you're still kinda getting it (although you have to pay for it again).

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
You're citing this like it's a bad thing.
Furthermore, not giving credit where it's due.

Tengu Bro's were a legit good boss addition
Removal of unnecessary key-hunts.
Overall improvement to the graphics.
Overall improvement to performance stability (until modern gen BC updates)

The 3 new characters are single level characters and their movesets are generally equivalent to the time you spend with them. whole, they have 1 weapon. OFC ryu has more options because he has like 5-6 weapons and is like 95% of the game.

If a player ONLY played sigma 2, they'd never have the same comparison and contrast as you're making. It would be a perfectly good action game.
Tengu's were cool, but the Statue of Liberty is pure trash.

Dec 11, 2017
My personal expectations:

1.) I will find this collection to be inferior to the currently available enhanced Xbox versions
2.) I will still end up buying it on a sale
3.) I will never actually download/play it and just continue playing the enhanced originals

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I was about to add 'it may not be a new release but at least it's not sigma', but I see what you're saying now.

NG Black on PC would make the world a better place.
That would be the dream.

Oh well, hopefully it's more of a rights issue and they're taking the feedback into consideration if they ever make a Ninja Gaiden 4. I'm definitely very interested in seeing what a post-Nioh Ninja Gaiden would be like.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Glad about this if only because ei don't need to use my PS3. Soon I can own all the 3D NG games next step is to actually play them lol

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Mod Black into Sigma and release it as Ninja Gaiden: Black Sigma
I think a great mod would be adding in a way to rotate the camera with the left stick when you're charging a UT/ET in Black like you can do in NGII.
another would be to add in the tonfas
My personal expectations:

1.) I will find this collection to be inferior to the currently available enhanced Xbox versions
2.) I will still end up buying it on a sale
3.) I will never actually download/play it and just continue playing the enhanced originals
Gotta get those copies of NG for when the apocalypse comes and NG discs are used as currency, lol.
I'll at the very least play up to level 2 on NGS2 because I think the time of day change is just... weird.
This time I'll be able to use a controller I actually like though (don't @ me anyone, I hate the Dual Shock 1-3).

Exclusive to the bitter end. In the sense, not even a rerelease on another Xbox if we don't count the BC upgrade itself. :lol

Heck, it's the main reason I haven't dumped my OG Xbox and removed the leaky capacitor from it.
Oh man... if Koei Tecmo wanted to be All-Stars here there'd at least be a way to play NG04 with the Hurricane Packs, since there's really no way to play that content anymore unless you have them downloaded from back when and have the right save file or something (I think there might be a way to "hack" your way into them now, though).

Oct 27, 2017
Neat, but bless Microsoft's BC team for basically flawless 4K versions of Black and II. Sigma 1 is a fine way to experience the game, Sigma 2 is a blight upon perfection.