• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
sigma, meh. wish they would find a way to release original versions on more platforms but looks like that's not gonna happen.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Unbelievable. My hype is through the fucking roof. I can't believe this is actually happening.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I'll buy it, but if I want to play Ninja Gaiden I'll just play the Xbox versions lol.

Jan 3, 2019
>Sigma
giphy.gif

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
You'd hope for this to lead to an eventual NG4...

I honestly would love for MS to pay to make it happen, if they have to. A sort of a Bloodborne/SFV situation, where it wouldn't be made otherwise.

Imagine a NG game on the Series X?

tenor.gif

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Damn guys, are the Sigma games that bad?
Sigma 1 is basically Black but with some dumb choices and playable characters who aren't fun to ruin pacing.
Sigma 2 is basically a different game to 2 which turns it from a gory almost musou amount of enemies game to something which is almost just a slower Black-esque experience with purple mist instead of blood. It's sort of hard to compare them both, as they're effectively different games altogether.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Someone really needs to break down why Sigma was so bad other then "lol reduced enemies" and "lol sigma"

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Ninja Gaiden on the fly, let's go. Now if only we could get Nioh 1 and 2 on Switch in the future.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Damn guys, are the Sigma games that bad?
No, just poorly balanced in some areas that people complained were too difficult with some unnecessarily added extras.

For example, in Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black, there's a section of the second level that got a decent amount of complaints due to the way some enemies ambush you in a hallway. Instead of rebalancing the encounter for Sigma, they just removed the enemies entirely, so you'll go through a few hallways that are just barren.

And this happens across the whole game with enemies and some puzzles.

And then one of the characters relegated to cutscenes becomes playable for four or so levels, and she's ass. At least characters added to Sigma 2 and Razor's Edge are decent.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Initially I was excited for this, but seeing how disliked the Sigma versions are compared to the original, maybe I'll wait for a sale price.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
Sigma 1 is basically Black but with some dumb choices and playable characters who aren't fun to ruin pacing.
Sigma 2 is basically a different game to 2 which turns it from a gory almost musou amount of enemies game to something which is almost just a slower Black-esque experience with purple mist instead of blood. It's sort of hard to compare them both, as they're effectively different games altogether.
please add the gore back in, thats the 1 big change i want

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Nope definitely an over reaction.

It's bad. I had the chance to play the original Ninja Gaiden 2 and the only improvements was the improved camera and faster loading after dying.

Everything else is downright worse shoehorning bosses and adding Rachael, Momoji and Ayane which adds nothing

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Initially I was excited for this, but seeing how disliked the Sigma versions are compared to the original, maybe I'll wait for a sale price.
Have you played the originals? If not Sigma will likely be fine. The games are only bad compared to the originals. Without that point of view I'd imagine most people would find them to be fine.

Hutchie

Oct 27, 2017
If it runs at 60fps, Im selling my vita copies. Also is there any way to make Rachael levels optional

Hopefully tecmo do the right thing and price this at £30 max

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Shame it's Sigma, but NG1 is still a great game regardless. A ton of good content (and some mediocre) if you've never played em.