• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think the game will have 120fps support?

• Yay

Votes: 145 63.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 82 36.1%

• Total voters

LongDongJunon

Nov 13, 2017
The real news is that there's NINJA RUN cheevos which means there's a chance that the SIGMA 2 PLUS vita content is in this package.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why I came into this thread hoping this wouldn't be the shitty sigma versions.

Bummer.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like this is the only platform where the Sigma games actually make sense, since Xbox ALREADY has Ninja Gaiden Black & Ninja Gaiden 2 in 4K. These are already the best versions of these games. Meanwhile, the Sigma games never came out on Xbox as far as I know.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if they'll have improved the camera for this release.

NGB has the old school sixth-gen camera where you just use right trigger to centre it, and the right stick only lets you look around from a static first person viewpoint, taking you out of the action.

It's the only thing I struggle with. The game itself still looks incredible, flawless even, on the X at 4k/60.

So if they've updated the camera mechanics for this release it'll certainly tempt me to pick it up, even though it's unfortunately Sigma rather than Black.
Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Packs/NGB and Sigma all added in an actual controlled camera alongside the FPS camera. You have to press in on the right stick to change the behaviour of the stick. By default it does FPS camera but if you press it in it will let you rotate the camera around like a standard 3rd person camera.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Oh, i see. Weird they couldn't add some option to toggle on and off the changes they've made to the Sigma versions, or something of the sorts. I see both a lot of people complaining but also some people who like it/don't mind it. I'll be giving it a try when it comes out on the Switch

You should know that both of those are oversimplified. The problems that people have with Sigma 2 to vanilla 2 is much more than just 'no blood and enemy layouts.' They are essentially like playing two vastly different games in their approach. People just get disingenuous with their comparisons because a lot of people didn't like vanilla NG2 for various reasons. Sigma 1 to Black is less pronounced in their differences, though

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Packs/NGB and Sigma all added in an actual controlled camera alongside the FPS camera. You have to press in on the right stick to change the behaviour of the stick. By default it does FPS camera but if you press it in it will let you rotate the camera around like a standard 3rd person camera.
Wow, I didn't realise that! I think I replayed 10 hours of NGB on the X a couple of years ago with camera frustration, and that was an option the whole time?! Mind blown.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
PC versions should be fairly workable here for modders, I'd imagine. I'm willing to bet we'll see the original versions of the games restored for the most part by the modding community, omitting the Sigma additions/changes.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Has the original Ninja Gaiden 2 been updated since launch then? I played two chapters of it last month when it was still on Game Pass and it was difficult, sure, but nothing truly broken IMO and I am by no means a pro at this genre.
It was kinda busted at launch lol, then like all good game patches, the first patch broke a load of stuff and introduced game breaking glitches, then finally they patched it to the state it's at on Game Pass. Plus, of you're playing it on anything apart from an Xbox One S, you're getting a bunch of performance improvements thanks to the hardware, on top of the patches.

RiZ IV

Oct 27, 2017
Dang that's awesome. Sigma 1 was great but Sigma 2's lack of blood really nerfed the presentation.

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Uhnmm, don't be so sure. There is Ninja Race and if that's what I mean it is (see Sigma 2 ps Vita port), then this may be un-platinum

That's possible on Vita, Ultimate Ninja Trails were impossible. Just difficult.

From what I'm seeing on the list, you just have to complete all the Normal Trails, which is possible solo.

Also, the Vita version had blood. Not stupid over the top like the original II, but not purple mist.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's possible on Vita, Ultimate Ninja Trails were impossible. Just difficult.

From what I'm seeing on the list, you just have to complete all the Normal Trails, which is possible solo.

Also, the Vita version had blood. Not stupid over the top like the original II, but not purple mist.

Ah good good. If that is the case this is a hard yet obtainable platinum

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Has the original Ninja Gaiden 2 been updated since launch then? I played two chapters of it last month when it was still on Game Pass and it was difficult, sure, but nothing truly broken IMO and I am by no means a pro at this genre.
There was nothing broken about the game. I finished the unpatched version at least 8 times. There were slowdowns that were later patched.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
PC versions should be fairly workable here for modders, I'd imagine. I'm willing to bet we'll see the original versions of the games restored for the most part by the modding community, omitting the Sigma additions/changes.

That would be a very tall order for Sigma 2. I kind of doubt it's possible since the amount you'd have to rework is pretty extensive, and also there were entire levels reworked from 2. I don't see it happening. Sigma one is possible, though, I imagine

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

As mentioned above, it's extreme hyperbole to say that NG2 was near unplayable at launch to begin with. It had real technical issues, sure, but as someone who played the game to death on the 360, it was playable. But to answer the core of your question, the game got a lot of enhancements for Xbox One when it became BC so it plays buttery smooth now, as far as framerate.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I didn't realise that! I think I replayed 10 hours of NGB on the X a couple of years ago with camera frustration, and that was an option the whole time?! Mind blown.
Yup. Ever since the hurricane packs for the OG. I would still suggest though to not try to do manual camera control during combat though. You'll absolutely get bodied at higher difficulty levels. Since it's still really designed around the camera reset.

Last edited:

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
I have them all Xbox BC but I would get this for the HDR, 4k and high fps. Hopefully they retouched some of the textures, lighting, etc.

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
After seeing the trophies, I'm mildly optimistic that this isn't just a cash grab. There is some thought put into this port.

Hopefully I can see some footage of all the games soon.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
As some have mentioned, I think the most surprising news is that the achievement list implies that Sigma+ content from the vita will be included. That makes the collection a little more than a simple port for me.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Black is already available at 4k60 on Xbox One X/Series X fwiw. It's not like purists don't have the option.

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Wait I forgot that includes the Mentor and plus, hopefully the re-balance it for solo...

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Sigma is trash since it doesnt include the GOAT alternate costume
ninja-gaiden-black-20050805035621742.jpg

14-Red_Muffler.png
Agreed. That costume is amazing.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Wait, I'm confused. Are there going to be 2 separate releases of the trilogy? One Sigma versions and one regular?

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Why does everyone hate Sigma? Is there something they've changed that people didn't like?
In Sigma 2's case, they created a version of NG2 within Sigma 1's engine, and the enemy count is a lot lower and the enemies are a lot tankier. Also 30fps cap but this port will fix that.

Here's a fun faceoff from early Digital Foundry, before they split from Eurogamer. This is a fun image comparison:

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
The issues with NG2 lie more in its encounter design than any technical issues. It had some slowdown but the combat rocked. I'd assume the framerate issues are more or less solved on BC anyways, so that leaves the more game-y problems (which some fans don't mind, so it's more of a YMMV situation).

Game just felt like it needed more time. I didn't play Sigma 2, but it sounds like it took a different approach entirely to solving some of the issues I had. Interested in trying that one out to see what I think.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
There's a huge step-up in cheese enemy damage between normal and hard on NG2. Performance issues have gone though.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Not interested unless they uncensor Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Give me blood, not shitty purple mist.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Really hope this has 3000G and isn't going to be the 3 games achievements crammed into 1000G (*cough* DMC HD Collection *cough*)

Bare minimum they should not have given achievements for DMC2 as it's a game with zero fans so no one would've cared.
I'm in for PC. Would've preferred the Black/OG NG2, but I'll take what I can get for the platform.
I don't think this collection will do any numbers on Xbox ecosystem. Black and NG2 OG is so much better.
Wait, I'm confused. Are there going to be 2 separate releases of the trilogy? One Sigma versions and one regular?

Yeah, no one's missing vanilla NG3 but NGB and NGll really should be in this collection along with the Sigma titles as the collection feels incomplete without them. At the very least Xbox owners can have the complete experience as the BC versions of NGB and NGll are effectively remasters with NGB in particular actually running in native 4k 60fps.