• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 11, 2020
According to era people cant change, they're all big fans of the US prison system over rehabilitation.
Yeah this is seriously bothering me people here basically saying people can't change. What's the fucking point of anything then? And it's not the fucking point of what is going on here and it's very much whataboutism.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Ninja has a history of problematic shit so I'm sure this is a "where there's smoke, there's fire" situation where the more details that come out from the story the worse it's going to be for him.

Scarlett

Dec 5, 2020
A successful white male being a dick to women on the Internet?

I've never heard of such a thing.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
watch Pokimane off and on and she obviously was in the wrong saying the n word, but she has always seemed sincere about her apology and doesn't shy away from saying such.

As per Ninja, him and Jess are always insane with how they wade into everyone else's shit. It's comical how they always feel the need to respond to everything going on. They also go way overboard and get sue happy.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
BOTH TWEETS ARE MASSIVELY NSFW. PLEASE DO NOT WATCH WITHOUT HEADPHONES AND I RECOMMEND LOWERING THE VOLUME.

I don't care about this culture or clout in the slightest but just look at the two tweets. Even if you are competing with another creator, you have no right to go after their character and especially motivate your fans to hate on someone by going sexually explicit on them, especially when its a woman, you literally know how desperate people are to find any excuse to hate a woman. Whether or not she has fans who pay her 1000's is none of his business and him attacking her for it is absolutely disgusting.

I was willing to wait and see the full picture overextending his 2-week ban into Perma but after these 2 vids alone, this guy is literally right out there with YouTubers like LowTierGod in terms of how unlikeable he is as a person. Being this excited to talk about a woman and her body is disgusting, filthy, and shows his pathetic character and his mindset, which also influences how his viewers will think. The second a creator immediately attacks another creator's gender or character, it's just a horribly slippery slope from down there.

What a great human being to bring back on twitch. Does he have to be so vulgar about what a woman does in bed?

Ninja isnt much better in all this. Was he on some sort of call with Ninja?

lairo

May 28, 2020
What the hell is a hate raid? I understand it's the intention to bother her but I'm trying to look it up and only see stuff about an 'L ratio' and 'whispers' and at this point I've realized I have no idea what any of these people are talking about anymore.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
This is one of those situations where I feel old and disconnected with the majority of the gaming audience. Ninja is a scum from what I've heard and seen however.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
What the hell is a hate raid? I understand it's the intention to bother her but I'm trying to look it up and only see stuff about an 'L ratio' and 'whispers' and at this point I've realized I have no idea what any of these people are talking about anymore.
According to the article posted on the first page a now banned streamer told his viewers to spam in her chat, and also instructed his viewers to start dming people in her chat. Which made her uncomfortable enough to end the stream. Which led to a temporary ban that became permanent after backlash. Ninja for some reason is on the side of the dude who harassed Poki and her chat.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017

Sure the initial action is trolling and not necessarily hating in nature, but when we're talking about 15k people spamming that in your chat it might as well be one.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I have no clue with twitch streamers but this shit was trending over the weekend so with morbid curiosity I clicked on it....which led to the hate raid dude saying he was going to get help to be a better person and some Keemster dude rallying folks with some clip saying pokimane does coke live on stream. The latter of which ended up being a clip of her actually applying make up. lol

The whole thing was insane and now it's escalated?

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Twitch drama boosts the view count of everyone involved. It's always milked for days and weeks for content till the audience finally starts to get bored of it. At which point everyone sort of forgets about it and becomes friends again.

So tired of the cycle,

pillowtalk

Oct 10, 2018
I have no clue with twitch streamers but this shit was trending over the weekend so with morbid curiosity I clicked on it....which led to the hate raid dude saying he was going to get help to be a better person and some Keemster dude rallying folks with some clip saying pokimane does coke live on stream. The latter of which ended up being a clip of her actually applying make up. lol

you never want to be on the same side as keemstar

Wedginald

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
User Banned (3 Days): Dismissing harassment
Lol, I love this guy Jidions stuff on youtube. Legit makes me laugh out loud with some of the crazy shit he does. Dont care about twitch drama, all seems so dumb. Guy pushes the limits so much, but I cant help but be entertained by his antics. Seems like he has blown up so much in the past little while, I remember when he was alot smaller, and now hes getting millions of views.

EDIT - Unnecessary post by me.

Last edited:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Tyler "I'll buy the bank your family took loans from so I can foreclose your house" Blevins

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Twitch streamer drama feels like the streamers just want high school to never end, and decided that bullying, gossiping, denial of said gossiping directly to the person you gossiped about, fabrication of defamation, etc., is just the best way to hold onto those four years.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I love this guy Jidions stuff on youtube. Legit makes me laugh out loud with some of the crazy shit he does. Dont care about twitch drama, all seems so dumb. Guy pushes the limits so much, but I cant help but be entertained by his antics. Seems like he has blown up so much in the past little while, I remember when he was alot smaller, and now hes getting millions of views.

He's a fuckwit, and not in a "ha ha funny fuckwit" a legit fuckwit.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
According to the article posted on the first page a now banned streamer told his viewers to spam in her chat, and also instructed his viewers to start dming people in her chat. Which made her uncomfortable enough to end the stream. Which led to a temporary ban that became permanent after backlash. Ninja for some reason is on the side of the dude who harassed Poki and her chat.

Ninja is the dude who came back and realized his piece of the pie has gotten much smaller from his heyday, while always having a salty attitude towards women.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Pokimane is a delight. And trying to justify harassing her and getting all your followers to harass her because she used a word twice when she was like 15 and is vocally apologizing for it still to this day (which.. Jesus Christ, she's clearly moved on from that what do people want of her at this point, except to have something to shit on her for in perpetuity?)

And then using a super popular streamer who has frequently said that word as an adult, is some insane bullshit.

Then that streamer and his wife showing their asses on Twitter .. good lord

Just go ahead and stop treating women like shit, that's all you gotta do.

Lol nah. She said that shit at 18. I don't expect her to "do" anything. It clearly hasn't impeded her from making millions. Doesn't mean it shouldn't get brought up every time. Fuck her, Ninja, and this other dude, too.

Also if you think she "only said it twice" I have a fucking bridge to sell you. That shit came out comfortable as hell on camera. Was definitely in her frequent vocab.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
She was 18 not 15 when she used the n word. Not that it makes any difference because even as a 15 year old, I knew not to use that word.

I have no stake in this horse, because I don't follow any of these people but this is a shit defense. And I hope that you're at the very least black saying something like this.

Okay, 18 to 25 is still a big gap. Add in the fact that she still apologizes for it. At what point is she allowed to move on past it and be reformed? Honestly. What does a person have to do? If you want people to change and grow, there has to be some allowance for that to happen.

At what point can she live her life with out being harassed and using that as a cheap excuse for harassment and saying shit like she is getting dicked down every night? At what point can she be free from lunatic misogyny without "well... on the other hand she did say the N word 7 years ago" to justify it?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Oh no, how will the millionaires ever recover?

But why are you giving attention to such stupid shit?

I just want to point out how drastically unhelpful and borderline gross these comments are.

First of all, the thread title makes it clear what the thread was about. You don't need to enter a topic to announce you don't care about it.

Second of all, and most importantly, this is about a woman being harassed. Women on Twitch have to deal with harassment from men on a constant fucking basis and your reaction to it is to handwave that fact and mock it as if she, Ninja and Jidion are all somehow equally bad in this scenario.

And this?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanently): Dismissive Commentary Around Online Harassment; History of Severe Misogyny and Sexist Commentary
Okay, 18 to 25 is still a big gap. Add in the fact that she still apologizes for it. At what point is she allowed to move on past it and be reformed? Honestly. What does a person have to do? If you want people to change and grow, there has to be some allowance for that to happen.

At what point can she live her life with out being harassed and using that as a cheap excuse for harassment and saying shit like she is getting dicked down every night? At what point can she be free from lunatic misogyny without "well... on the other hand she did say the N word 7 years ago" to justify it?

Well that's the consequences with saying the n word. People are going to always bring it up whether you like it or not and even if it's from two decades ago. It's not going to be swept up under the carpet and it took her 5 years to apologise. Just like whenever that female streamer who threw her cat gets in the headlines, people are always going to bring up that clip. Just like these braless quotes from Ninja. It's not because she's female that they bringing up. I seen male streamers or youtubers who have done the same thing and it will always be brought up, when they in the limelight. Nobody in this thread is saying go be sexist to pokimane because she said the n word. Here's a wise tip for any further streamers on how to avoid any of this. Just don't say the n word or throw your pets around.

Do you really think it was a one off occasional slip up? Like I said all three losers in this thread just need to be binned. Twitch/YouTube would be a better place without them all.

Jul 26, 2018
I just want to point out how drastically unhelpful and borderline gross these comments are.

First of all, the thread title makes it clear what the thread was about. You don't need to enter a topic to announce you don't care about it.

Second of all, and most importantly, this is about a woman being harassed. Women on Twitch have to deal harassment from men on constant fucking basis and you reaction to it is to handwave that fact and mock it as if she, Ninja and Jidion are all somehow equally bad in this scenario.
the thread was modified with more info by a mod. Initially it was vague "twitch drama". I am not condoning or hand waving harassment.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
"And you are making a big mistake."

menacing-anime.gif

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's exactly what it sounds like targeted harassment. It never really happens to larger male creators, but is a major issue for female and trans streamers.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Twitch beef isn't weird when you remember that most of these people are kids who never matured thanks to the insane amount of money they have and know a juicy opportunity when they see one.

Drama = Clicks = More Money.

And with it being Ninja and Pokimane? You're about to see a lot of coattail riders who are not even connected to the story try to insert their way in.

Beef/Drama isn't weird if you consider human history at all. It's nothing exclusive to Twitch, it's been happening for millennia. Only difference now is that it's on the internet for any in that space to see rather than tv, newspaper, local area, whatever.

Humans will be humans.

AriesM4rch

Oct 27, 2017
Two things can be true:

Pokimane has said the n-word (with an a) and has took accountability for it and apologized multiple times and people can still have an issue.

She doesn't deserve to be endlessly harassed by incels for just existing on the internet.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
People think streamers are subhuman, it seems. Especially once they cross a certain income line.

It's not like Twitch has a horrible history with women and minorities always being targets for these kinds of things. This place has gotten really toxic with all the cheerleading and handwaving of harassment, especially towards anyone with a certain amount of income or popularity. We learned nothing from the whole Lindsay Ellis stuff.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Two things can be true:

Pokimane has said the n-word (with an a) and took accountability for it and apologized multiple times and people can still have an issue.

She doesn't deserve to be endlessly harassed by incels for just existing on the internet.
This. It's only brought up to discredit her and to dismiss the targeted harassment.

When people from her chat went to his chat to be like hey this isn't cool knock it off. His response is Poki isn't going to fuck you. This would never happen with a male streamer.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Ninja over here thinking he's the Don Corleone of Twitch now or some shit? "You're making a big mistake." lol you fuckin' dweeb.

Arugala

May 21, 2021

The fuck?