• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Honestly, I'm going to sleep soon, but I saw this on my Twitter Timeline and want someone to make sense of all this:

Twitch beef is so weird...

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Twitch beef is so weird...
original.gif

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
FTR-Breaking-News-AdobeStock_397269312.jpg

-ninja tried to message his twitch manager to help jidion with a perm ban that he got for harass brigading poki
-then poki calls him out on it with recorded vids of his stream
-he sends her that threatening message
-then ninjas wife/manager sends another pm talking about legal action and makes the situation worse as usual

Last edited:

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
I ain't got a horse in this race but saying "who just passed away" is some manipulative language.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Twitch beef isn't weird when you remember that most of these people are kids who never matured thanks to the insane amount of money they have and know a juicy opportunity when they see one.

Drama = Clicks = More Money.

And with it being Ninja and Pokimane? You're about to see a lot of coattail riders who are not even connected to the story try to insert their way in.

nath999

May 7, 2018
So much stupidity involved in this. Even in Ninja's DM's I don't think he meant "big mistake" in a threatening way.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The shit Pokimane has to deal with...

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
-ninja tried to help this dude with a perm ban that harassed poki
-then poki calls him out on it with recorded vids of his stream
-he sends her that threatening message
-then ninjas fiance/manager sends another pm talking about legal action and makes the situation worse as usual

Good, let them continue to fight each other. Eventually this is all going to blow up for all of them in a negative way.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
My thing is its weird where Jidion, already popular, decided to hate raid and is surprised he got permabanned.

My thing is like yes, Twitch is terrible with moderation where you can play fast and loose with the rules.

But not if you've got the Eye of Sauron on you by the sake of your popularity, attacking someone else with the same eye keeping watch. Honestly you're an easy ban off GP just to make it look like they care about the other 3,281 fucked up things happening on their platform in that moment.

Jul 26, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Drive-by posting in a thread on a harassment campaign; accumulated infractions
Oh no...anyway...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Why does anyone like this Ninja guy? I feel like the only times I ever hear about him, he's doing something shitty or stupid.

Mar 11, 2020
Ok i mean what OP posted pretty much explains it all already. And it's just about people being called out for doing hate raids and helping people that were banned for hate raiding.which they fucking absolutely should be called out.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure fans of these streamers will react to this in a calm, nuanced, and thoughtful manner.

I'm absolutely sure about that

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
In hindsight, Ninja not wanting to collab with women was probably a good thing.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Must be wild to have so much money you revert back to petty HS drama because there is no other concern in your life outside of reputation.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Influencer/streamer feuds and the people that care about it are fucking weird. I'll never understand it.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
ironically I imagine this helps both of them get views/clicks/engagements, and thus money, out of this ordeal

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Drive-by posting in a thread on a harassment campaign
Oh no, how will the millionaires ever recover?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I changed the title because it really minimized what is going out.

Mar 11, 2020
I feel like people disregarding that this is about people on twitch getting hate raided at the heart and others with influence using that influence to let those people get away with it and then just saying it's high school shit is kinda downplaying that it honestly is important.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
wait so there's video evidence of Ninja saying he messaged twitch/rep or whatever now he is swearing on his dead granddad he did not..sounds legit >_> leave gramps out of this

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't Pokimane just get in touch with her contacts at Twitch to verify if Ninja is telling the truth or not in not talking to anyone at Twitch?

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope "You are making a big mistake" becomes a meme

And based off of Jideon's youtube channel im not surprised he's a genuine cornball

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Pokimane says nigga. Get all 3 of these motherfuckers and toss em off the platform.

Jul 26, 2018
Folks shouldn't handwave this shit away, origin of this was targeted harrassman against a female creator for being a female creator
www.distractify.com

Banned Twitch Creator JiDion Calls out Platform for Alleged Racism and Sexism

Creator JiDion has been was banned from Twitch since January. Here's why he was banned, and why he thinks it was due to his gender and skin color.
We are living in dystopia where these morons have actual influence and kids look up to them... Sad shit

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The biggest streamers on Twitch are the worst.

Smaller streamers are much cooler in my experience.

The clout really gets these people heads. Pokimane herself recently pulled another dumb stunt by playing knowingly copyrighted material—obviously for the PR.

They all suck really.

And no, she shouldn't be part of a harassment campaign. That's common sense. But these big streamers have no professionalism.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017

itsumokid

Jun 1, 2021
It's strange to see so many in here handwaving this. Calling her a b-word and telling her she's making a mistake, not to mention the hate raid in the first place, is the exact same shit we're rallying together against with all of these huge gaming companies getting called out for how they treat their employees.

Just because Twitch is youth culture doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

This sexism and harassment is still unacceptable, and if we want our favorite hobby to be better about it, we have to properly address it wherever it pops up.

Edit: thank you Slayven